Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:53:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you getting 1 BTC per day from ~1.9Gh/s?  (Read 3988 times)
amazingrando (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 08:12:39 PM

At the current difficulty level are you seeing about 1 BTC per day per 1.9 Gh/s?  Just wanted to sanity check my performance with others, knowing of course that there are variations in luck and other factors.  Presently only using arsbitcoin.com as my pool.

Bitbond - 105% PPS mining bond - mining payouts without buying hardware

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 08:22:22 PM

At the current difficulty level are you seeing about 1 BTC per day per 1.9 Gh/s?  Just wanted to sanity check my performance with others, knowing of course that there are variations in luck and other factors.  Presently only using arsbitcoin.com as my pool.

Getting that minus stales and donations, but also on Ars.
amazingrando (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 08:28:36 PM

Great, thanks.  I had a feeling it was about right, but always helps to get a second opinion.  Now if someone has an idea how to increase the BTC/day rate 5-10%, then I'll really be happy  Grin

RandyFolds

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 08:33:06 PM

Great, thanks.  I had a feeling it was about right, but always helps to get a second opinion.  Now if someone has an idea how to increase the BTC/day rate 5-10%, then I'll really be happy  Grin

Pool hop. All you need to do is sacrifice your dignity.
amazingrando (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 08:54:13 PM

I'd rather give up a few percent and not have to sell my soul stealing other people's earnings  Wink

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 08:56:47 PM

Sounds a bit low.  The last 24 hours I've only made 0.93 BTC, but it's been averaging 1.10 BTC at this difficulty level for my 1800MH/s.
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 08:58:04 PM

sacrifice your dignity?
haha, funniest stuff i've heard today.

but yeah, feel free to keep your dignity. i keep my 60% increase in output. :3

RandyFolds

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 09:03:06 PM

sacrifice your dignity?
haha, funniest stuff i've heard today.

but yeah, feel free to keep your dignity. i keep my 60% increase in output. :3

deal.
amazingrando (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 10:28:50 PM

Sounds a bit low.  The last 24 hours I've only made 0.93 BTC, but it's been averaging 1.10 BTC at this difficulty level for my 1800MH/s.

What pool are you using? Are you pool hopping?

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 11:00:00 PM

What pool are you using? Are you pool hopping?
No pool hopping, using deepbit proportional.
hawks5999

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2011, 11:12:35 PM

Great, thanks.  I had a feeling it was about right, but always helps to get a second opinion.  Now if someone has an idea how to increase the BTC/day rate 5-10%, then I'll really be happy  Grin

what's the dignity in NOT pool hopping? are you looking to maximize your performance or not?

was it undignified to bring your 1.9 GH/s online?
was it undignified to use a GPU when others were CPUs?
was it undignified to switch to Namecoins when they were profitable?
was it undignified to switch back when they were unprofitable?
was it undignified to use phatk when it got better performance?
was it undignified to use the modified phatk when it got even better performance?
was it undignified when you chose a fee-free pool?
will it be undignified when FPGA puts all GPU miners out of business?

pool hopping is not some secret thing that only a few people can do. There are at least 2 methods (a proxy and modified client) that are freely available to everyone in this very sub-forum. There is another client that caries a cost of .1 BTC which is nothing for any GPU miner.

You don't consider it an indignity that you use a graphics card that was assembled by people making less per day than the value of your 1 BTC? Yet, using software developed by volunteers to make that graphics card more efficient is somehow an indignity. You are confused my friend.

If you want a 5-10% increase, the answer is plain and simple. If not, then be satisfied with your diminishing returns.

EDIT:
Mining Bitcoins for my medical mission to Vietnam.  Donations welcome  1DwJ4YsvEmzjJh5zPHw32RAEr8WpZKApMZ
looking at this quote I'd say you owe it to the people in Vietnam to maximize your returns from BitCoin. So you are also confused. You won't "steal" from a bunch of other 1st World Computer hobbyists (because if you aren't hopping you are just a hobbyist) to fund your medical mission to Vietnam? In your situation, I'd say you are selling your soul by NOT hopping.

■ ▄▄▄
■ ███
■ ■  ■               
LEDGER  WALLET    ████
■■■ ORDER NOW! ■■■
              LEDGER WALLET
Smartcard security for your BTCitcoins
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Decentralized. Open. Secure.
RandyFolds

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 11:38:54 PM

Great, thanks.  I had a feeling it was about right, but always helps to get a second opinion.  Now if someone has an idea how to increase the BTC/day rate 5-10%, then I'll really be happy  Grin

what's the dignity in NOT pool hopping? are you looking to maximize your performance or not?

was it undignified to use the modified phatk when it got even better performance?

pool hopping is not some secret thing that only a few people can do. There are at least 2 methods (a proxy and modified client) that are freely available to everyone in this very sub-forum. There is another client that caries a cost of .1 BTC which is nothing for any GPU miner.

You don't consider it an indignity that you use a graphics card that was assembled by people making less per day than the value of your 1 BTC? Yet, using software developed by volunteers to make that graphics card more efficient is somehow an indignity. You are confused my friend.

If you want a 5-10% increase, the answer is plain and simple. If not, then be satisfied with your diminishing returns.

EDIT:
Mining Bitcoins for my medical mission to Vietnam.  Donations welcome  1DwJ4YsvEmzjJh5zPHw32RAEr8WpZKApMZ
looking at this quote I'd say you owe it to the people in Vietnam to maximize your returns from BitCoin. So you are also confused. You won't "steal" from a bunch of other 1st World Computer hobbyists (because if you aren't hopping you are just a hobbyist) to fund your medical mission to Vietnam? In your situation, I'd say you are selling your soul by NOT hopping.

Quite an...indignant response...

amazingrando (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 12:06:17 AM

EDIT:

Yikes.  Who duked in your cereal this morning?

Even if it is going towards a good cause, there is a distinct difference between optimizing your mining tools/hardware, and gaming the system to get credit for mining you didn't earn at the cost of another person.  I don't believe a scheming Robin Hood approach to redistribution is the right way to go about things.  So I am ok earning a bit less to be respectful to others.

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 08:45:16 AM

With 2.4-2.7GH/s I'm not even getting 1 BTC per day.  Lady luck has my balls in a vice clamp.  I was at BTCGuild for 2 weeks only to have those horrible bad luck days (only 1 day was positive).  I bailed and went to slush only to see them go negative for the last 2 days and BTCGuild of course is now running some insane 200% luck since I left.

I'm going to go lay down on the freeway now  Cry
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2011, 02:45:45 PM

With 2.4-2.7GH/s I'm not even getting 1 BTC per day.  Lady luck has my balls in a vice clamp.  I was at BTCGuild for 2 weeks only to have those horrible bad luck days (only 1 day was positive).  I bailed and went to slush only to see them go negative for the last 2 days and BTCGuild of course is now running some insane 200% luck since I left.

No need to do that man... heard that pool hoppers could bring luck on every pool that treats them nice, just keep yourself informed Wink

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
legitnick

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2011, 11:15:40 PM

I'm getting .75 a day with 1.5Gh/s

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 11:45:45 PM

I've been averaging about 0.95 BTC/day with 1.8GH/s now.  Sad to see it finally drop below 1 BTC.  Sad

BUT, it sounds like you went to the scammy pools.  Get on deepbit - they actually pay properly.  I don't know what shinanigans go on in those other pools, but I've tried them, and it just didn't seem like I was getting as much on the payouts as I do at deepbit.  BTCGuild especially I am suspicious of (and other people that I've seen post about them)...
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 09:52:12 AM

With 2.4-2.7GH/s I'm not even getting 1 BTC per day.  Lady luck has my balls in a vice clamp.  I was at BTCGuild for 2 weeks only to have those horrible bad luck days (only 1 day was positive).  I bailed and went to slush only to see them go negative for the last 2 days and BTCGuild of course is now running some insane 200% luck since I left.

I'm going to go lay down on the freeway now  Cry
I've been averaging about 0.95 BTC/day with 1.8GH/s now.  Sad to see it finally drop below 1 BTC.  Sad

BUT, it sounds like you went to the scammy pools.  Get on deepbit - they actually pay properly.  I don't know what shinanigans go on in those other pools, but I've tried them, and it just didn't seem like I was getting as much on the payouts as I do at deepbit.  BTCGuild especially I am suspicious of (and other people that I've seen post about them)...

I'm wondering, could a pool give to its miners shares from different rounds?

I mean, a good part of the shares come from the current 'official' round, the one that is shown on the site, but some % of them are from a different bitcoind and those, when solved, give a full 50btc to the pool owner while are marked as simple shares not good to solve the official round the pool is going to solve (in other terms, they are a hidded fee for miners).

Does this make sense? Is this a scam that can be done?

spiccioli.
gnoll110

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 12:03:21 AM

Pool hopping will be good for everyone (I think).

It automates the manual reviews people should be doing of pool returns anyway.
It should speed up the movement of miners alway from pool owners that don't offer the best deals to miners.

In the financial markets, it's called arbitrage. Like automation in these markets it will produce some quirky results do to short term randomness. This could be an issue if everyone does it (this should happen long term). By then, hoppers should have setting to control testing frequency. Setting that to once every few days would fix these issues, while moving people to the pools with the best policies over time.

Its a tool, how people use it is up to them.

My 0,02 BTC worth.
Spoken by someone who's still trying to configure their first rig! (So I haven't actually used a hopper yet.)
hawks5999

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 06:18:41 AM

I'd rather give up a few percent and not have to sell my soul stealing other people's earnings  Wink

Hey, I just made the connection that you are a cherry picking user. I hope your earnings have increased and you are closer to your medical mission in Viet Nam.

And look! It appears you still have a soul!

■ ▄▄▄
■ ███
■ ■  ■               
LEDGER  WALLET    ████
■■■ ORDER NOW! ■■■
              LEDGER WALLET
Smartcard security for your BTCitcoins
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Decentralized. Open. Secure.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: