Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:49:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Dollar worth 0.0001 BTC one day  (Read 5532 times)
icem3lter

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 06:18:51 PM

u can probably sell 0.0001 BTC for $1 on ebay

Your right, ebay price per BTC is crazy. Dont know if it buy real people or some shills.

MoneyGod (OP)

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 08:38:45 PM

In my opinion bitcoin cant get that value propably it just cant because of market.
I sure bitcoin can get that value and its not for away from us you must watch this very soon

DodoB

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:08:32 PM

maybe in 10 years from now.
wasi90lk

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:32:42 PM

I doubt it will happen.

In order for it to happen, the value of BTC has to be $10,000.
waqas

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:43:04 PM

I doubt it will happen.

In order for it to happen, the value of BTC has to be $10,000.

once its touch 1500$ then you watch how quickly its going up and where to touch  Grin

nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 01:14:31 AM

If it was 1 mil per coin, people will be buying 0.0001 or something like that, and early investors will be selling 2 btc (combined, at any given moment). The price will surely go down.

This doesn't make any sense.

Lets say im an early invest with 100 btc. BTC reaches one million. I sell all of my btc. The price will crash because of the fact that people wont be able to buy at 1 mil.

1) You could say that at any $/BTC value.
2) Why would you sell it all at once and cause the price to crash?

You wouldn't just put in the equivalent of a market order to sell everything at any price the moment someone else makes a trade at 1 BTC=$1 million. You'd put in the equivalent of a limit order. "Sell as much as possible, up to 100 BTC, at $1 million/BTC or above." If people aren't able to buy at $1 million/BTC (*), then the price would stay below $1 million/BTC, but it wouldn't crash.

Again, what you're saying makes no sense. Let's say you're an early investor in gold and have 10 tonnes of gold. The price of gold goes up to $10 million/tonne. You sell all of your gold. The price will crash because of the fact that people won't be able to buy a 10 mil?

(*) There are 7 billion people in the world. If 100,000 of them each bought 1 mBTC for $1,000, then that 100 BTC gets sold at $1 million/BTC. The only question is how much people are going to value BTC in the future. And we can only really speculate on that.

One person wouldnt sell 100 btc, but a lot of early investors could start selling totaling 100 btc at that time.

Pretty much anything's possible.

If the large investors get spooked and want out no matter what, the price will tend to go down dramatically. If they're not spooked, and just would like to get out at a certain price point, the price will tend to hover slightly below that price point.

At a million dollars, they wouldnt be spooked, but excited!

ferda2mx

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:27:53 AM

maybe in 10 years from now.

Yes, slowly rise would be healthy for Bitcoin, quick rises are dangerous
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 02:10:32 AM

If it was 1 mil per coin, people will be buying 0.0001 or something like that, and early investors will be selling 2 btc (combined, at any given moment). The price will surely go down.

Lets say im an early invest with 100 btc. BTC reaches one million. I sell all of my btc. The price will crash because of the fact that people wont be able to buy at 1 mil.

You wouldn't just put in the equivalent of a market order to sell everything at any price the moment someone else makes a trade at 1 BTC=$1 million. You'd put in the equivalent of a limit order. "Sell as much as possible, up to 100 BTC, at $1 million/BTC or above." If people aren't able to buy at $1 million/BTC (*), then the price would stay below $1 million/BTC, but it wouldn't crash.

Again, what you're saying makes no sense. Let's say you're an early investor in gold and have 10 tonnes of gold. The price of gold goes up to $10 million/tonne. You sell all of your gold. The price will crash because of the fact that people won't be able to buy a 10 mil?

(*) There are 7 billion people in the world. If 100,000 of them each bought 1 mBTC for $1,000, then that 100 BTC gets sold at $1 million/BTC. The only question is how much people are going to value BTC in the future. And we can only really speculate on that.

One person wouldnt sell 100 btc, but a lot of early investors could start selling totaling 100 btc at that time.

If the large investors get spooked and want out no matter what, the price will tend to go down dramatically. If they're not spooked, and just would like to get out at a certain price point, the price will tend to hover slightly below that price point.

So excited that instead of selling they'll be buying more?

Yes, they have 100 btc bought at 100 dollars. Why woundnt they?

panck4beer

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:33:06 AM

Because they would have to pay a lot of taxes from the income  Tongue

nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 02:37:59 AM

Because they would have to pay a lot of taxes from the income  Tongue

They would still have atleast 50 mil.

mindfulmojo

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:42:37 AM

If it ever reaches that point, it's game over for the dollar anyway.

So the basic premise is over...  Cry

You might as well ask is how much 0.0001 btc is worth of kindling for a fire.
Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:09:52 AM

i don't like these reverse denominator headgames.... Cool

and yes

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
mindfulmojo

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:33:13 AM

Good point... look at http://www.coinflation.com/

A penny from 1982 is worth more than a penny.

A US nickel will always be worth something,

because right now, well it's made out of nickel.
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 03:53:20 AM

Why would the price they paid for their 100 btc matter?

Well if they bought a btc for 999,999, they wouldnt sell at 1 mil. But if they bought at 100 they would probably sell.

BBert

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:12:47 AM

Whatever it gets to/stops at, I'm just hoping for a long and steady life for it.
Mondy

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:32:45 AM

No way. My op. that would be WAY TOO HIGH

MoneyGod (OP)

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:11:40 PM

I don't think its too high I sure very soon we got this  Grin

hieroglyph

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:59:37 PM

I'm going to go with yes.  I think this isn't gong to happen for a very long time.  Many things to be considered for this to happen but I can't see why it would be out of the realm of possibility.

gongomanny

Activity: 301

Ɓιтcσιη

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 09:03:48 PM

I don't think its too high I sure very soon we got this  Grin

Very likely not next year, if you mean very soon this.
Simply it is a lot of money
torry28
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 09:51:03 PM

If anything the person who bought at 100 should be less willing to sell, due to the income taxes.

I agree the income taxes are good reason not to sell. Better is spend the coins
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: