Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:05:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Invest or not invest into crypto currency? here is the question  (Read 5380 times)
coinSeeker82 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:36:07 PM

So invest or not to invest? In past weeks bitcoin and litecoin showed up pretty good at its highest rate but then just a day ago everything blew up. Is it worth anymore investing in to such things? People say bitcoin next year go up to 2000$ but it definitely doesnt feel that way, however id say it would be actually cool to own bitcoins and stuff like from investment point of view. So im asking does anybody know any good investment websites or things? Where I could for example put bitcoin and then earn some % because of keeping it in there you know like in the bank you put money and you get more. At the moment I dont have time to be on PC and sit on exchanges 24/7 to investigate the rating going on but id like just to invest bitcoins and that i know that after some time id get them back and i also would get a % from my investment. So yeah can you do that in the bank? or some website? Please share
jongameson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:30:18 PM

bitcoin should be at $40,000 by the end of 2016.  i'm in it for the long haul
coinSeeker82 (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:34:30 PM

Wow da fuck?
USB mining

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:16:25 PM

yes i feel you, i am looking for btc investments myself, their rate is really unstable and i dont want to change them to $ i want them to keep as they are, because I believe they will raise as time goes by, some profit would be great, now they are just dusting in my wallet, I wonder if there are any banks who can offer you this service. I'll try to look for it.
Barek

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:27:07 PM

There have been service offers like that before. Chances are you are not going to see them again.

Bitcoins alone are classified high risk. And you want to further add to that risk by lending them to someone who promises high returns?
coinSeeker82 (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:43:50 PM

There have been service offers like that before. Chances are you are not going to see them again.

Bitcoins alone are classified high risk. And you want to further add to that risk by lending them to someone who promises high returns?

Chances are you are not going to see them again.
Why?

And you want to further add to that risk by lending them to someone who promises high returns?
I want a secure way like bank or firm which takes bitcoins or litecoins or whatever for some time as investment and in the end im getting all back plus some % from investment, its not gonna be super high what i expect but something in profit
Barek

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:51:35 PM

Why?

Because it is so volatile. A couple wrong calls and they are not able to pay you back.

The only reason you get interest at your bank for USD/EUR/... is that it is relatively safe to invest it for higher profit. You don't get interest on stocks, you might even pay your bank for storage.
Mylon

Activity: 140

Mining FTW

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 12:00:21 AM

Why?

And you want to further add to that risk by lending them to someone who promises high returns?
I want a secure way like bank or firm which takes bitcoins or litecoins or whatever for some time as investment and in the end im getting all back plus some % from investment, its not gonna be super high what i expect but something in profit
Sounds like old-school loaning of money Tongue If we could do this at the moment with Bitcoin or Litecoin for that matter, it would be awesome. However due to the fact that bitcoin still is very volatile, and that there are no supply chains yet that fully rely on bitcoin. (aka at a distributor, you still have pay in dollars) When both of these factors change, this lending could actually take off.
The reason why it can't happen now, is today I loan a bitcoin, tomorrow that bitcoin could be half its value, or double its value... its just too high-risk, and thus there is a pretty big chance of losing money.
The other thing that is important to note, how many people will fully understand the above sentence, when wanting a bitcoin loan. At the moment for any loan in bitcoin, you basically have to have double the value in dollars backed, otherwise there is a chance the loan doesn't get paid back.

"All Your Base Are Belong To Us" by CATS
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 12:01:33 AM

Afaik there isn't such a thing that will offer you a deposit rate and even if you see one it will be probably a scam.
There is though one project from cyprus for a bitcoin bank that i don't think that it's active yet.
coinSeeker82 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 12:43:27 AM

Afaik there isn't such a thing that will offer you a deposit rate and even if you see one it will be probably a scam.
There is though one project from cyprus for a bitcoin bank that i don't think that it's active yet.
Im sure there is somewhere deposit rate service because at the moment the only thing that is missing is deposit rate service and if there would be one i think it would be very successful because people need one
doom309

Activity: 170
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 12:59:08 AM

OP, btc predictions sound very encouraging, exciting even, but reality is dont believe a word of it, no one can predict where a market will be or what it will do ...

you have to decide for yourself, work out a plan for your investing, and stick to it

say, if btc price reaches x, i will buy more, if it reaches y, i will sell some/all, this is the only way to profit from any investment

dont just sit on something and live in hope

there are some sites out there, such as unsecured loan sites or investment trusts for btc/ltc, which allow you to make a deposit of coins, locked away for a period of time, an d earn interest on them ...

but i dont know about their fine print, id be careful putting a LOT of your coins in those, maybe test their rep by putting in a minimum first
Desensitizer

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:35:40 AM

I'd say the best plan would be to buy low and sell high. Set prices you want to buy at and sell at, and then do so no matter what. Cryptocurrencys are very unstable, so this is a fairly decent plan. However, if you want to buy and hold I think that might be viable too but I'm just not sure how long you are going to have to hold in order to make profit. There needs to be easier ways for consumers to buy bitcoins quickly and get their money back to cash with peace of mind and when that happens the value of bitcoins will rise a lot.
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:16:34 AM

Buy and hold, dont waste time trading if you're not experienced. You will waste time watching charts all day and could potentially lose money. BTC can go down like it just did but if you look monthly it always gains a few %.

FlappySocks

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:38:47 AM

Wow da fuck?

Watch this video. Similar prediction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHUPPYzzZrI&feature=youtube_gdata_player
coinSeeker82 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:19:36 AM

Buy and hold, dont waste time trading if you're not experienced. You will waste time watching charts all day and could potentially lose money. BTC can go down like it just did but if you look monthly it always gains a few %.
Indeed, I would not have time for exchanging and rate following, however buying and holding is very slow and unknown process with no guarantees such as 100% profit in certain period of time. But what here im saying is that if you can invest, you'll have your coins in your control,  but in end of the day you are getting your coins back + % from investment. So think about it if i bought 1 btc and then waited 2 years it to grow until lets say 1,5k so what i did was 500 dollars in profit in 2 years? Meanwhile If I was investing and getting additional % then this would make it much more profitable. There is a possibility you will get scammed if you dont find any trustworthy firm in your opinion if you dont try. Nowadays there are hundreds scam sites and stuff and these sites damage popularity for the real sites because people lose respect and trust into those sites and they just try to do everything by themselves. If I was gonna trust a firm with such investment methods id try of course not put 100 btc but at least 1 or a minimum they accept. I believe crypto money investment possibilities are out there somewhere, at this time of crypto growth it just must be because its just best thing ever could be.
EvilPanda

Activity: 658

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:42:43 PM

Indeed, I would not have time for exchanging and rate following, however buying and holding is very slow and unknown process with no guarantees such as 100% profit in certain period of time. But what here im saying is that if you can invest, you'll have your coins in your control,  but in end of the day you are getting your coins back + % from investment. So think about it if i bought 1 btc and then waited 2 years it to grow until lets say 1,5k so what i did was 500 dollars in profit in 2 years? Meanwhile If I was investing and getting additional % then this would make it much more profitable. There is a possibility you will get scammed if you dont find any trustworthy firm in your opinion if you dont try. Nowadays there are hundreds scam sites and stuff and these sites damage popularity for the real sites because people lose respect and trust into those sites and they just try to do everything by themselves. If I was gonna trust a firm with such investment methods id try of course not put 100 btc but at least 1 or a minimum they accept. I believe crypto money investment possibilities are out there somewhere, at this time of crypto growth it just must be because its just best thing ever could be.

Don't forget you have to consider 2 things while trading like that:
1. You can make a bad judgement like those guys selling below $600 two days ago. You buy 1 for 1000, at 1200 decide you got enough profit and sell, next day it goes up to 1300 what do you do, wait for it to go down or buy back at 1300? Whatever you do you just lost compared to a guy who held.
2. There are trading fees so the more you trade the more you pay to the exchange.

A trader buying low and selling high will outperform a holder but he also invests a lot of time and nerves in the process.

Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 01:52:50 PM

So im asking does anybody know any good investment websites or things? Where I could for example put bitcoin and then earn some % because of keeping it in there you know like in the bank you put money and you get more.

Go talk to pirate40, he surely has some fine investment opportunities for you Smiley

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
coinSeeker82 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:44:57 PM

So im asking does anybody know any good investment websites or things? Where I could for example put bitcoin and then earn some % because of keeping it in there you know like in the bank you put money and you get more.

Go talk to pirate40, he surely has some fine investment opportunities for you Smiley
who is pirate40?
evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 08:01:11 PM

who is pirate40?

He ran a ponzi scheme on the forums and bilked a bunch of idiots here out of a few hundred thousand dollars.  Despite a few of us yelling and screaming that it was a scam, the true believers/echo chamber here convinced a lot of people his "bank and trust" was legit, and a lot of bitcoiners lost a shitload of money.

bitcoin should be at $40,000 by the end of 2016.

Hahahahaha! Holy shit, where do you people come up with these numbers?
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 08:01:28 PM

@OP,

With all due respect, you sound like you know nothing about investing if you just want to own some because it'd be "cool."

My advice:

1) Don't even think about investing unless you have thoroughly researched your investment.  You should know how Bitcoin works both technically and theoretically, you should know the reputations of various btc exchanges and services, etc.  If you don't do this then you're gambling, pure and simple.

2) Think of investing as a job.  Hypothesize and create an investment plan or model and stick to a particular method.  If you create a plan but then change the plan because your emotions tell you to, then you're gambling.  Invest with your head, not your emotions.  If you're investing because you "feel" btc will go to $2000 (or, conversely, if you don't invest because you 'feel' it won't reach $2000) then you're making decisions irrationally.  It's okay to invest based on feelings as long as your feelings are supported by good reasons.

3) Don't expect to get rich, especially if you don't want to spend a lot of time informing yourself about recent news and other developments.  And please, don't invest more than you're willing to lose.
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 08:50:33 PM

@OP,

With all due respect, you sound like you know nothing about investing if you just want to own some because it'd be "cool."

My advice:

1) Don't even think about investing unless you have thoroughly researched your investment.  You should know how Bitcoin works both technically and theoretically, you should know the reputations of various btc exchanges and services, etc.  If you don't do this then you're gambling, pure and simple.

2) Think of investing as a job.  Hypothesize and create an investment plan or model and stick to a particular method.  If you create a plan but then change the plan because your emotions tell you to, then you're gambling.  Invest with your head, not your emotions.  If you're investing because you "feel" btc will go to $2000 (or, conversely, if you don't invest because you 'feel' it won't reach $2000) then you're making decisions irrationally.  It's okay to invest based on feelings as long as your feelings are supported by good reasons.

3) Don't expect to get rich, especially if you don't want to spend a lot of time informing yourself about recent news and other developments.  And please, don't invest more than you're willing to lose.

solid advice.
coinSeeker82 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:43:20 PM

So btc gains aren't enough for you?  Cheesy

You want to invest your btc? Let's have a look at the possible outcomes:

1. Btc goes to zero - you lose

2. Btc goes to the moon, you find the next Asicminer investment (highly, highly unlikely) - you're rich

3. Btc goes to zero, you find the next Asicminer investment - you still lose

4. Btc goes to the moon, you lose all your coins on an "investment" - you kill yourself

Now, if you just held those coins:

1. Btc goes to zero - you lose

2. Btc goes to the moon (much more likely at this point, imo, but there will always be risk) - you're rich

Take it from someone who learned the hard way and lost a bunch of coins on one of the many investment scams. This is a no-brainer. You want to invest in bitcoin? Just hold the damn coins. For the longest time!

And if you guys haven't done the math as to the future value of btc as it becomes adopted then what the fuck are you doing here?

i understand your point but u are missing few possibilities which you dont want to admit.

1. according to you Btc goes to zero - you lose = YEP
2. Btc goes to the moon (much more likely at this point, imo, but there will always be risk) - you're rich = YEP

Now my choice would be. Put btc into bank/firm =

2. Btc goes to the moon (much more likely at this point, imo, but there will always be risk) - you're rich = YEP

same story BUT

2. Btc goes to the moon = you get ur coins back AND investment %
3. btc stays the way it is / rates change / something else = you get your coins back + %

Now:
you buy and keep = no additional profit just u got what u got
u sell = can be loss can be profit depending on rate.

Now:
if you invest in firm/bank = u buy insurance or whatever that whatever happens u have ur coins back

next:
btc rate go down= u get ur coins back at ur deposit rate IF invested, if solo = screwed

or:
btc rate go up = u get mucho profit

Conclusion:
buy/sell solo = you make money or u die in loss
investment = you make money, u dont end up with 0 at worst senario
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 12:29:25 AM

Im sure there is somewhere deposit rate service because at the moment the only thing that is missing is deposit rate service and if there would be one i think it would be very successful because people need one

No it wouldn't be successful at all because people in this community are burnt multiple times from services that hold their coins.
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 12:39:36 AM

I don't know if I should even say this, considering OP's perception of risk seems to be pretty low, but doesn't Bitfinex let you loan BTC to users with interest? I've never used the service so I don't know how risk management would work there.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 12:54:03 AM

i cant tell you whether you should buy something or not. what i can say is that its very strange that you would be more willing to buy at 1200 and now that the price is cheaper you are less willing to buy in because the price is cheaper. thats very strange and very backward.

It shows that you are focusing on technicals rather than fundamentals and other information in this post indicates that you know very little about trading technicals. Unless you are a very experienced investor than you need to focus on fundamentals. Buy things that are fundamentally undervalued and hold as long as it takes until they become fairly valued. Also diversify because sometimes things wont pan out.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
evolve

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 01:29:22 AM

So btc gains aren't enough for you?  Cheesy

1. Btc goes to zero

2. Btc goes to the moon

3. bitcoin price stabilizes trades sideways

4. bitcoin price drops to (singles, double, low triples) and stabilizes there and trades sideways

5. bitcoin price raises to triples or higher and stabilizes there

6. the bitcoin economy continues to boom and bust with highs and lows all over the map

7. interest in bitcoin dwindles and becomes traded back and forth by a few hardcore hobbyists at a nominal price

There are a lot more possible outcomes than just 0 or "the moon".  I really wish people would stop spreading that nonsense.
coinSeeker82 (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 12:56:54 PM

1. Btc goes to zero

2. Btc goes to the moon

4. bitcoin price drops to (singles, double, low triples) and stabilizes there and trades sideways

6. the bitcoin economy continues to boom and bust with highs and lows all over the map

7. interest in bitcoin dwindles and becomes traded back and forth by a few hardcore hobbyists at a nominal price

There are a lot more possible outcomes than just 0 or "the moon".  I really wish people would stop spreading that nonsense.

Yes there are and eventually investment services will take a part in this bitcoin
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:15:26 PM

The reason why it can't happen now, is today I loan a bitcoin, tomorrow that bitcoin could be half its value, or double its value... its just too high-risk, and thus there is a pretty big chance of losing money.

All good reasons, but how would you explain that I've been lending bitcoins out for the last year? Use bitfinex, easy, varying return percentages. And the best part is - you lend 1 bitcoin, you always get back 1 bitcoin plus interest, and it's value is... exactly 1 bitcoin! Never half or double of that.

i am satoshi
evolve

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:44:13 PM

1. Btc goes to zero

2. Btc goes to the moon

Yes there are and eventually investment services will take a part in this bitcoin

And? Institutional investment doesn't prevent a single one of the outcomes I've mentioned.
Keyser Soze

Activity: 470

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:10:38 PM

Many bitcoiners are wary of investments or other interest bearing services denominated in bitcoin. Historically, in bitcoin, many of these "investments" or "deposit services" have turned out to be scams or were "hacked", causing great losses for the investors.

As many have already said, bitcoin itself is already rather risky, do you really have anyway of assessing the risk of these bitcoin "investments"? Perhaps there will be more professional and legitimate services in the future, but as it stands now where would invest your coins?
coinSeeker82 (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:15:39 PM

1. Btc goes to zero

2. Btc goes to the moon

And? Institutional investment doesn't prevent a single one of the outcomes I've mentioned.

There are 2 things.

1. Why people use banks? Why people invest in banks ?
2. In the world there are many pussies who better buy 2 btc and wait 50 years for profit than have ballz to trade, invest and do some serious business.

I get all your points what u people saying but get fucking ballz and stop cry about failing.. thing positive ..which u probably dont.. cuz in the whole world there are like 5% of people who have ballz to do crazy success or at least die in trying
evolve

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:20:55 PM

There are 2 things.

1. Why people use banks? Why people invest in banks ?
2. In the world there are many pussies who better buy 2 btc and wait 50 years for profit than have ballz to trade, invest and do some serious business.

I get all your points what u people saying but get fucking ballz and stop cry about failing.. thing positive ..which u probably dont.. cuz in the whole world there are like 5% of people who have ballz to do crazy success or at least die in trying

No offense, but I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say here.  Maybe you should gather your thoughts, and type them out in a way that doesnt read like a 12 year old texting his friends.
I_bitcoin

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:22:45 PM

This thread is so Shakespearian.   Can more share a soliloquy?

No matter where you go, there you are.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:36:10 PM

All good reasons, but how would you explain that I've been lending bitcoins out for the last year? Use bitfinex, easy, varying return percentages. And the best part is - you lend 1 bitcoin, you always get back 1 bitcoin plus interest, and it's value is... exactly 1 bitcoin! Never half or double of that.

ok ,why would i lend my bitcoin to a an untrusted  third party to hold it for a year  or two
and then take it back with interest and i get back "exactly 1 bitcoin ! Never half or double of that."

why not just keep it myself and eliminate the third party risk ?
coinSeeker82 (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:41:18 PM

ok ,why would i lend my bitcoin to a an untrusted  third party to hold it for a year  or two
and then take it back with interest and i get back "exactly 1 bitcoin ! Never half or double of that."

Who would want to put in for 1-2 years, im talking about months..
piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:03:32 PM

I was interested in how bitcoin lending works. I got the 1-6% varying on top of the original 1BTC, remember? Smiley Of course there is a risk of the exchange running away, and I'd definitely never put anything larger than 10BTC there. But Mylon said that bitcoin loaning "can't happen now", I just pointed out that it in fact is happening, even if only on exchanges.

i am satoshi
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:56:22 PM

timescale is irrelavant ,they cud steal your coins 5 minutes or 5 years after you hand them over
the point i was making  is ,who do you trust enough to be your "bank " ?
i trust me !

RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 08:09:40 AM

A trader buying low and selling high will outperform a holder but he also invests a lot of time and nerves in the process.

Didn't you mean "spends nerves"? They do seem to grow back slowly, but sometimes it sure feels like they're being pruned at the roots! Cheesy

coinSeeker82 (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:52:52 AM

timescale is irrelavant ,they cud steal your coins 5 minutes or 5 years after you hand them over
the point i was making  is ,who do you trust enough to be your "bank " ?
i trust me !

Yeah but no1 is investing into places such as freewebsite.hello.tk. I have not found any services yet and as I understand you guys havent either but im waiting for future to bring such service to existence.

I mean cmon people use btc-e & mtgox. And at least 1% from 100% gets scammed somehow, whether it is withdrawal problems or trading issues. At the moment companies are like that but lets get real and stop treating investment services like they were scam. because actually you are trusting mtgox and others. Why are u doing that? Because they are legit company, right? Well im taking the same here about legit investment company, so why not trust that?

Each time u use mtgox or any other exchange u are risking so i mean seriously... ?
Keyser Soze

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:01:39 PM

Yeah but no1 is investing into places such as freewebsite.hello.tk. I have not found any services yet and as I understand you guys havent either but im waiting for future to bring such service to existence.

I mean cmon people use btc-e & mtgox. And at least 1% from 100% gets scammed somehow, whether it is withdrawal problems or trading issues. At the moment companies are like that but lets get real and stop treating investment services like they were scam. because actually you are trusting mtgox and others. Why are u doing that? Because they are legit company, right? Well im taking the same here about legit investment company, so why not trust that?

Each time u use mtgox or any other exchange u are risking so i mean seriously... ?

Not to say something will happen with any particular company, but you should have a look at this thread. Bitcoin has had a rough history with services or investments that hold coins.
coinSeeker82 (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:01:09 PM

Not to say something will happen with any particular company, but you should have a look at this thread. Bitcoin has had a rough history with services or investments that hold coins.
Well honestly there is no guarantee your bank which holds your cash will get robbed, bombed or something. EUR USD any other currencies... There will always be thieves and scammers. And dont tell me dollar didnt have rough time. There are currently probably over 100 000 companies who are stealing money from people as we speak, bitcoin or any other crypto is no exception. It is how it is. In the end you can keep ur cash with you in your wallet and hope nobody will beat you up and steal your wallet or you can put them to bank and hope it will not bankrupt or anything else. Speaking of crypto you can keep ur coins in multibit hope ur pc wont crash or ur apartment wont get robbed..or put ur coins into bank or whatever online and hope for not bankrupt or other. Its life. Get used to it.
Keyser Soze

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:58:46 PM

Well honestly there is no guarantee your bank which holds your cash will get robbed, bombed or something. EUR USD any other currencies... There will always be thieves and scammers. And dont tell me dollar didnt have rough time. There are currently probably over 100 000 companies who are stealing money from people as we speak, bitcoin or any other crypto is no exception. It is how it is. In the end you can keep ur cash with you in your wallet and hope nobody will beat you up and steal your wallet or you can put them to bank and hope it will not bankrupt or anything else. Speaking of crypto you can keep ur coins in multibit hope ur pc wont crash or ur apartment wont get robbed..or put ur coins into bank or whatever online and hope for not bankrupt or other. Its life. Get used to it.
Yes, thieves will go after anything with value. My point is that bitcoin is not mature enough yet and we have very few legitimate/professional investment options within bitcoin. One day we may have many options, but as it stands now, we do not.

As a side note, if you properly secure your coins, no one event (pc crash, ect) will cause a loss.
prophete

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:45:13 PM

One of my friends is into bitcoins and other alternative coins and he is using this service. www.cryptodeposit.net He invested about 5 btc. 3 of them he already got back with some % in profit and he is now waiting january for next withdrawal. If you verify your indentity on cryptodeposit.net then you will get nice bonuses and stuff but my friend has not yet did that he is using normal account because he said that there is some sort of payment for verified account or something. And I checked on google and internet and I see that there are response from people about this service and its pretty nice, so anyway there is this referral system and my friend sent me it, i've invested now about 0.6 btc and in january I should be able to withdraw. you can also invest other coins like litecoin or feathercoin etc. And they have more services not only investments but some other as well..but am sharing this with u now since u are looking for something like this I suppose. btw account creation system reminds me of a way joining a golf club but it seems secured that way from spam and bots.
Adventuer

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:28:22 AM

One of my friends is into bitcoins and other alternative coins and he is using this service. www.cryptodeposit.net He invested about 5 btc. 3 of them he already got back with some % in profit and he is now waiting january for next withdrawal. If you verify your indentity on cryptodeposit.net then you will get nice bonuses and stuff but my friend has not yet did that he is using normal account because he said that there is some sort of payment for verified account or something. And I checked on google and internet and I see that there are response from people about this service and its pretty nice, so anyway there is this referral system and my friend sent me it, i've invested now about 0.6 btc and in january I should be able to withdraw. you can also invest other coins like litecoin or feathercoin etc. And they have more services not only investments but some other as well..but am sharing this with u now since u are looking for something like this I suppose. btw account creation system reminds me of a way joining a golf club but it seems secured that way from spam and bots.
Oh you didnt know this before? This is good service, as far as im concerned it is not a scam. Ive been using this for a while now,  I have personally invested 0.5 Bitcoin , and so far so good. Btw response from users has been so good and I personally have verified real account, I recommend it. The membership fees you talking about are not actual fees. There is no membership fee for cryptodeposit.net , they have license for real account users which makes this whole service safer and spam/bot free. Now that Bitcoin price fell cryptodeposit is growing and it is possible for it to become something big in this Bitcoin community.
coinSeeker82 (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:12:06 PM

Oh you didnt know this before? This is good service, as far as im concerned it is not a scam. Ive been using this for a while now,  I have personally invested 0.5 Bitcoin , and so far so good. Btw response from users has been so good and I personally have verified real account, I recommend it. The membership fees you talking about are not actual fees. There is no membership fee for cryptodeposit.net , they have license for real account users which makes this whole service safer and spam/bot free. Now that Bitcoin price fell cryptodeposit is growing and it is possible for it to become something big in this Bitcoin community.
Yeah this is something I was looking for and it looks pretty good. Applied for account today, how long need to wait for confirmation?
e521

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:16:12 PM

coinSeeker82, if what you are asking is genuine, but I guess is not, buy btc and hold it for years.
Do this only if you truly believe in it because you will be tempted to sell, maybe at a loss, many times.

or is this a way to scam people and add some rep to an unknown service?

Adventuer

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:28:28 PM

Yeah this is something I was looking for and it looks pretty good. Applied for account today, how long need to wait for confirmation?
It should take max up to 12. If you are creating this account please add me as referral to ref number, my ref number is 71902, appreciate!
prophete

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:37:44 PM

coinSeeker82, if what you are asking is genuine, but I guess is not, buy btc and hold it for years.
Do this only if you truly believe in it because you will be tempted to sell, maybe at a loss, many times.

www.cryptodeposit.net is not a scam, it is proven by many people, google it and you will see.. twitter is full of testimonials. And with my personal experience im satisfied until now with no regret joining. This service has been on market for a while and is growing rapidly.
coinSeeker82 (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:45:48 PM

It should take max up to 12. If you are creating this account please add me as referral to ref number, my ref number is 71902, appreciate!
What do u get from referrals?
nastybit

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:51:36 PM

www.cryptodeposit.net is not a scam, it is proven by many people, google it and you will see.. twitter is full of testimonials. And with my personal experience im satisfied until now with no regret joining. This service has been on market for a while and is growing rapidly.

Considering the time it took to come back with another alt I won't even open the website.
Obviously a scam
Adventuer

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:02:22 PM

@coinseeker82 from referrals u get bonus % in profit for monthly plan investments

@nastybit it is not a scam omg u are being pathetic.. throwing negative feedback without any research..
NewSpiece

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 12:23:08 PM

It is true cryptodeposit is not scam im using this service too and I made profit 0.2 btc in 1 month. It is good site
dg2010

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 02:59:38 PM

LOL. All of a sudden a bunch of new accounts turn up defending a random link posted within a 15 page thread?

CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:10:21 PM

It is true cryptodeposit is not scam im using this service too and I made profit 0.2 btc in 1 month. It is good site

bitcoin is worth half what it  recently was and you have still made a profit of 0.2 BTC by shilling for  kyrptodepost.net or how ??
Cheesy
NewSpiece

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:25:41 PM

bitcoin is worth half what it  recently was and you have still made a profit of 0.2 BTC by shilling for  kyrptodepost.net or how ??
Cheesy

it was last month when btc was over 1k
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:47:54 PM

bitcoin is worth half what it  recently was and you have still made a profit of 0.2 BTC by shilling for  kyrptodepost.net or how ??
Cheesy

it was last month when btc was over 1k

ok ,so explain it to us
how do they pay 0.2 btc % in interest ($200+ if it was last month as you say ) just by keeping your coins deposited with them ?
it sounds like the typical btc scam tbh with a differnt name
but if it isnt then maybe someone can explain where the profit comes from  ?
NeedForBitcoin

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:02:10 PM

Buy and hold for long term.

Price has to go up, its simple supply and demand.

The network effect of Bitcoin has huge potential.
pbody

Activity: 198

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 11:42:24 PM

Yes, thieves will go after anything with value.

Yes. How many bank robberies and muggings have there been in the history of the banking system? It doesn't stop people from using fiat. BTC is safer in the sense of street muggings since it can be traced.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
Lloydie

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 11:53:06 PM

Now you're just ignoring all the friendly wise advice... Hmmm. I wonder how this will turn out in the end?

You do realise in Btc world, bernie madoff can't go to prison?
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 02:59:50 AM

Now you're just ignoring all the friendly wise advice... Hmmm. I wonder how this will turn out in the end?

of course he can ,pirate@40 is being prosecuted for stealing btc
anyone else who gets caught will probably also be charged withh theft or fraud
Lloydie

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 09:21:48 AM

Oh you didnt know this before? This is good service, as far as im concerned it is not a scam. Ive been using this for a while now,  I have personally invested 0.5 Bitcoin , and so far so good. Btw response from users has been so good and I personally have verified real account, I recommend it. The membership fees you talking about are not actual fees. There is no membership fee for cryptodeposit.net , they have license for real account users which makes this whole service safer and spam/bot free. Now that Bitcoin price fell cryptodeposit is growing and it is possible for it to become something big in this Bitcoin community.

Good point. But for every person caught it seems like 999 get away. Cloudhashing charges $80 per ghs for their "gold" contract.  What a joke.

Weexchange has so far lost 96% of people's funds. How many exchanges have closed already?

Some guy called shakura nabbed 2,200 btcs. Yifu from Avalon didn't give refunds and allegedly used customer equipment for mining. Bfl "slow" on hardware delivery, as in one year slow... (Reach your own conclusions on slowness.)

I'm just scratching the surface, if you know what I mean. It's a little bit caveat emptor around here.
piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:01:51 PM

LOL. All of a sudden a bunch of new accounts turn up defending a random link posted within a 15 page thread?

Yep and they all use exactly the same "engrish" as nigerian prince scam emails.. Hmm no must be a coincidence, I am positive the website "istealyourcoinsbitch.cmo" must be a legit business. "Good site I make 0.2 BTC" jeezus how stupid they think people are? No, how stupid they *know* people are, that's what is scary.

i am satoshi
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:29:32 AM

Oh you didnt know this before? This is good service, as far as im concerned it is not a scam. Ive been using this for a while now,  I have personally invested 0.5 Bitcoin , and so far so good. Btw response from users has been so good and I personally have verified real account, I recommend it. The membership fees you talking about are not actual fees. There is no membership fee for cryptodeposit.net , they have license for real account users which makes this whole service safer and spam/bot free. Now that Bitcoin price fell cryptodeposit is growing and it is possible for it to become something big in this Bitcoin community.

Good point. But for every person caught it seems like 999 get away. Cloudhashing charges $80 per ghs for their "gold" contract.  What a joke.

Weexchange has so far lost 96% of people's funds. How many exchanges have closed already?

Some guy called shakura nabbed 2,200 btcs. Yifu from Avalon didn't give refunds and allegedly used customer equipment for mining. Bfl "slow" on hardware delivery, as in one year slow... (Reach your own conclusions on slowness.)

I'm just scratching the surface, if you know what I mean. It's a little bit caveat emptor around here.

thats nothing
the owner of sheep marketplace apparently stole 96,000 btc from his users 2 weeks ago (100million $ worth at the time )
hes been traced to eastern europe but i think thats probably as far as it will go ......
unlike pirate@40 nobody knows who this guy is and the coins have already been cashed  out
at least  in part by btc-e as far as i have read angry users followed the stolen coins through various tumblers  and mixers
until they realised they were in btc-e
Lloydie

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:24:32 PM

If that person is cashing out via Btc e then technically Btc e should know who that person is.
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:44:59 PM

If that person is cashing out via Btc e then technically Btc e should know who that person is.

the sellers who got robbed followed the coins ,you can read the details on reddit and some other sites  :

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=reddit+sheep+stolen+btc+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&gws_rd=cr&ei=OSS3UuqGK8SrrAfxwYDIDw

i think i read the  theif was traced to the cheque republic or somewhere like that but his ip adddres was belonging to their  womens national  volleyball team so they can probably kiss goodbye to those 96,000 btc  Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: