Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 04:24:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just another noob wishing he jumped in the pool earlier  (Read 2958 times)
Soopaman

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:57:55 AM

Wish in one hand and buy BTC with the other, see which one fills up faster!

No reason to wish about changing the past, it can't happen.
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 02:08:24 AM

Do you really have that many qt's on your computer?

I do. Not sure why you would ask though, since there are now over 100 different crypto-coins currently active.

What? I was just wondering if you installed that many wallets on your computer because some crypto currencies have trojans hidden somewhere.

What? Name one.

Not really sure but someone told me that it happened before. I was talking about mining alt currencies from coinchoose and he (or she) told me not to download random qt's.

paul44

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:10:32 AM

Although I am new to all of this, I can see potential to make a decent amount of pocket money from trading.
ocean59 (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:16:19 AM

Do you really have that many qt's on your computer?

I do. Not sure why you would ask though, since there are now over 100 different crypto-coins currently active.

What? I was just wondering if you installed that many wallets on your computer because some crypto currencies have trojans hidden somewhere.

What? Name one.

Not really sure but someone told me that it happened before. I was talking about mining alt currencies from coinchoose and he (or she) told me not to download random qt's.

Quite right advice indeed. Downloading 0-day coin QT's could certainly place you at risk. This problem is further compounded by the botnet issue, which results in many legitimate non-virus containing coin programs registering as false positives on popular AV programs.

However, aside from Doge and Grain (both released within last 24 hours), the other wallets on my chain are well established and any reports of virii within would've propagated by now...or would they have?? o.0
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 10:39:20 AM

yeah, read about BTC when 1 was worth ~ 13 USD. But I didnt buy any or started mining, then when they hit 100 I though well I should have bought @ 13, now I think I should have bought @ 100 ... well lets wait another year Wink

Grin Did you decide to buy any yet?

Would if I could, but I have decided to transfer my tf2 "money" to BTC after xmas.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Ravocado

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:44:10 AM

@shorena: what you mean with "tf2" money? Care to explain, if it is not a secret... Wink
dogbeard

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:47:02 AM

OP - just sent a generous tip to each of your accounts to get you started.

j/k  Grin (my first post too and equally as noob)
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 11:38:14 AM

@shorena: what you mean with "tf2" money? Care to explain, if it is not a secret... Wink

No secret, its a steam game called team fortress 2 (free 2 play btw) and I made some keys (the games currency item #1) the last month. I plan to sell them for a while now, but I dont trust paypal.

krileayn

Activity: 61

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:21:53 PM

Another noob here, planning to get a gaming rig with 1 X r9 208X and see how it goes, later may buy more GPUs and take it from there
bSpend

Activity: 414
Merit: 270

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:47:25 PM

More Silk Road Movie Projects Are Coming Out Of The Woodwork, LOL.. It took no less than two weeks after underground drug site Silk Road was shut down for it to get turned into a movie, and now just a month after its close, Silk Road and Bitcoin are also getting the documentary treatment Cheesy looking good, underground it will always survive

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Ravocado

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:59:03 PM

@shorena: ah OK, I thought so...you or maybe someone else knows some site where you could sell items from tf2 for bitcoins?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 03:39:00 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2016, 06:58:30 AM by shorena

@shorena: ah OK, I thought so...you or maybe someone else knows some site where you could sell items from tf2 for bitcoins?

Id post here in virtual goods section just because everyone here knows about BTC and also in tf2outpost.com which is the biggest tf2 trading site. Free to use, unless you want to go premium (not needed). They also explicitly allow trading for BTC.
Other places would be tf2 trading subreddit (/r/tf2trade ), sourceop forums ( http://forums.sourceop.com/ ), tf2bazaar (not sure wether they allow BTC or not) and backpack.tf (only works with tf2 currency and is mainly for pricechecks anyway).

If you need any help feel free to PM me or send me an invite on steam:

-offer no longer stands-

ocean59 (OP)

Activity: 103

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:20:50 PM

Found a brand new faucet launched today for Litecoin, good way to start earning free coinage: http://ltc4you.com/?r=1978

Did not work for me in Chrome though, loaded up IE and it worked flawlessly. Can get free coins once every hour.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 05:22:32 PM

Found a brand new faucet launched today for Litecoin, good way to start earning free coinage: http://ltc4you.com/?r=1978

Did not work for me in Chrome though, loaded up IE and it worked flawlessly. Can get free coins once every hour.

Not working with chrome but with IE, sounds legit.

nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 12:19:52 AM

No secret, its a steam game called team fortress 2 (free 2 play btw) and I made some keys (the games currency item #1) the last month. I plan to sell them for a while now, but I dont trust paypal.

I <3 TF2, but I did stop playing. I am hoping to get back to playing it though.

sf_btc

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 12:36:55 AM

I'm in the same boat. Thing is, I knew about BTC way back in the day like a lot of people. Just kills me I didn't put more thought and effort into buying some just for buying's sake. Oh well, can't fret about that now. Looking to see how to get invested now.
hewsmit

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 01:20:43 AM

i jumped in the btc pool two years ago. Grin
eyebeetle

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:20:06 AM

I'm so late on to the scene that I bought riiiiiight before the latest market correction, at $1040.  Cry
hackery21

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:23:44 AM

This reminds me of Google Stocks, remember back in the day when those were <$7? Yeah, two months ago it went up to $1000 per share. Same thing is happening with BitCoin. It used to be cheap, and it skyrocketed.
Moogle

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

KUPO!

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 02:25:47 AM

Could be worse. I got scammed outta most of my coins with vdragon. Lost my.last 0.4 when tradefortress 'got hacked' the annoying part was that the last 0.16 I mines went to my inputs address AFTER the hack and i still can't get it back :-@

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: