allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2011, 08:01:47 PM

it's called "late-to-the-party-envy syndrome"

Tongue Tongue

and here i am, laughing all the way to the bank.
scam or not, i made some $.

Yep, that is me.  I am completely amazed that people would buy these things.  However, I want to try another Bitcoin-clone.  We have it set so that blocks are mined once every 2 minutes and are worth 2 coins.  Also no limit on the maximum coins!  Naturally I want to try out other ideas but that would take too much work. 

If anyone does this let me know.  I'll join.  Otherwise I'll just have to go and make a derivation myself.

If I knew how to code I'd do it myself too. I think it would be a good idea to have many flavors out there and let the market's natural selection mechanisms work on them. Eventually the superior one shall survive.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 08:03:46 PM

Tongue Tongue

Yep, that is me.  I am completely amazed that people would buy these things.  However, I want to try another Bitcoin-clone.  We have it set so that blocks are mined once every 2 minutes and are worth 2 coins.  Also no limit on the maximum coins!  Naturally I want to try out other ideas but that would take too much work. 

If anyone does this let me know.  I'll join.  Otherwise I'll just have to go and make a derivation myself.

If I knew how to code I'd do it myself too. I think it would be a good idea to have many flavors out there and let the market's natural selection mechanisms work on them. Eventually the superior one shall survive.

This is where i agree and would be willing to contribute to a concerted effort.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2011, 08:12:40 PM

Tongue Tongue

Honestly I am totally surprised this hasn't happened already. A while back I read a bunch of threads about "inflatcoin" and other such ideas for modifying bitcoin. Why haven't these people forked bitcoin already to have their ideas implemented. Maybe some of these ideas are not so easy to code. What ixcoin did is totally silly easy to code - just change the name and the block reward.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 08:25:15 PM

Tongue Tongue

Honestly I am totally surprised this hasn't happened already. A while back I read a bunch of threads about "inflatcoin" and other such ideas for modifying bitcoin. Why haven't these people forked bitcoin already to have their ideas implemented. Maybe some of these ideas are not so easy to code. What ixcoin did is totally silly easy to code - just change the name and the block reward.

At the very worst it was a good experiment to see how a new blockchain might act with early adopters. It was actually interesting to see my ixcoin client ring in 96 Ixcoins every minute or so for like 3 hours straight.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 09:46:55 PM

Tongue Tongue

Wow, just wow. I guess that's what people care about these days, the almighty $ and screwing each other. No offence Starlightbreaker, but that statement makes you look like a major douchebag.
thank you.
i'll take that as a compliment.
i've never had people complimented me as a douchebag ever in my life, so i'm quite happy Cool

it's pretty much how nature works. the strong will survive, and the weak will go away...or getting eaten...by the speculators  Grin

When mining pays for my bills, that's what i care about, not internet persona.

ericools

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 09:56:28 PM

Reason to get people to mine these...  perhaps to lower the bitcoin network hashrate to keep difficulty low?  Just the same I put a couple of 6870's on it for shits and giggles.  I think I made 3 cents (USD) so far, we'll see if it averages to something better in a hour.  If this does work out, I don't expect it will last very long.

afro25

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 12:16:10 AM

Within just a few days Ixcoin is trading for around 0.005 BTC each, so at the current exchange rate that's about 4.8cents each Ixcoin?

Think about how much it will be worth a year from now...

GoWest

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

betwithbtc.com

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2011, 12:18:36 AM

Made 222 BTC trading IXC in the last 24hrs (no mining).  I'm out for now... Thanks everyone!!

payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 05:20:35 AM

Within just a few days Ixcoin is trading for around 0.005 BTC each, so at the current exchange rate that's about 4.8cents each Ixcoin?

Think about how much it will be worth a year from now...

4.9 cents?
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 07:51:52 AM

4.9 cents?

That's what Bitcoins will be worth, IF you're lucky. The government is going to ban your little scam currency into oblivion.  Get out while you still can.  Don't say I didn't warn you.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 08:59:38 AM

4.9 cents?

That's what Bitcoins will be worth, IF you're lucky. The government is going to ban your little scam currency into oblivion.  Get out while you still can.  Don't say I didn't warn you.
You're a Potato.

Trini8ed

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

<3 Bitcoins

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 09:05:52 AM

4.9 cents?

You're a Potato.

And your funny haha  Grin

Everyone Loves Donations: 1PEVhtmnBqiN8rYXLHhtUWAB6q9X63Zm9D
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Trini8ed
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 05:18:45 PM

4.9 cents?

which government?

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 05:21:59 PM

4.9 cents?

I don't always answer to trolls, but when I do, it's because they're too ridiculous to be taken seriously

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 06:51:06 PM

Who's to contact in this exchange?
Just made an account with my yahoo id and sent some btc, now try to login back with the same open id and it offers me to "create an accout"...  Huh

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Nasakioto

Activity: 172
Merit: 283

Thomas Nasakioto

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2011, 07:06:22 PM

Who's to contact in this exchange?
Just made an account with my yahoo id and sent some btc, now try to login back with the same open id and it offers me to "create an accout"...  Huh

Are you sure you're entering the opendid in the correct field, up top left? If so, you could try contacting DoubleC.

Thomas Nasakioto - Upgrade to Ixcoin 0.3.24.3 before block 43,000
Ixcoin.org
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 07:09:05 PM

Are you sure you're entering the opendid in the correct field, up top left? If so, you could try contacting DoubleC.
You're right, my bad. Sorry.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 07:15:18 PM

4.9 cents?

You're a Potato.

His funny?  Undecided
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 07:26:43 PM

4.9 cents?

You're a Potato.

His funny?  Undecided
No, his funny haha

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2011, 12:34:25 PM

It looks like the game of musical chairs is over. 

Trades down to:

sell   0.00070000   290.00000000   0.20300000

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: