Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:00:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best altcoin?  (Read 5835 times)
pasikisu

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:06:50 PM

"Best one" is whichever the person replying happens to own most of.
So, naturally DOGE for me.

All coins start off with no value There is a famous bitcoin anecdote about a kid that paid 2000 BTC for a pizza and that was one of the landmark valuation moments for the coin.
No, that was 10000BTC for 2 pizza, and it was NOT a landmark valuation moment, rather just a random silly event. It's not like BTC started trading at exactly that price right afterwards.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:26:35 PM

"Best one" is whichever the person replying happens to own most of.
So, naturally DOGE for me.

All coins start off with no value There is a famous bitcoin anecdote about a kid that paid 2000 BTC for a pizza and that was one of the landmark valuation moments for the coin.
No, that was 10000BTC for 2 pizza, and it was NOT a landmark valuation moment, rather just a random silly event. It's not like BTC started trading at exactly that price right afterwards.

But at that moment the world knew that they could get pizza for bitcoins or that someone did

d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 6559

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:32:38 PM

I would say that LTC has the strongest reputation and possibility to be stabilized in the future out of the alt-coins.

What do you mean by kickstarter type coins?

Like a coin that pays you to make things... Maybe to invent something or to start a company or even a coin that pays you to start new coins

I have heard of premine coins and I have heard of people being paid some kind of altcoin when they write

Devcoin (DVC) is pretty close to what you're looking for. But it could be improved greatly, maybe with a flattr-like system.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:51:50 PM

I would say that LTC has the strongest reputation and possibility to be stabilized in the future out of the alt-coins.

What do you mean by kickstarter type coins?

Like a coin that pays you to make things... Maybe to invent something or to start a company or even a coin that pays you to start new coins

I have heard of premine coins and I have heard of people being paid some kind of altcoin when they write

Devcoin (DVC) is pretty close to what you're looking for. But it could be improved greatly, maybe with a flattr-like system.

Devcoin seems to be centralized it is very old in terms of cryptocoins and not very many people are involved so unless the developer starts a lotto or scholarship system or something with his own coins he will have massive monopoly like control and it doesn't seem like the developer reaches out of this forum very much

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:13:01 AM

Does anyone have plans for a new coin?

Jomppe

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:43:20 PM

DevaCoin is a choice for someone wanting to make money.
There is enourmous upside potential (conservatively 10 000) from these low levels.
It is a smart thing to put throw some BitCoins to this market and then make a selling plan.
Personally I have purchased a substantial stake of this coin because I believe in its potential to make BitCoins.
Then every time it rises 10 times I shall redeem 5 % of my existing DVC:s to market but these levels definetely it is a great buy - I do not bother to sell any of them before it rises min. 100 times - then I start my stingy selling program even knowing that I loose the potential of increase in each selling.
When selling it is important not to sell much at a time since it makes you just sad (knowing you could have tons of more BitCoins without selling too much too early).  Cool
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:13:05 PM

DevaCoin is a choice for someone wanting to make money.
There is enourmous upside potential (conservatively 10 000) from these low levels.
It is a smart thing to put throw some BitCoins to this market and then make a selling plan.
Personally I have purchased a substantial stake of this coin because I believe in its potential to make BitCoins.
Then every time it rises 10 times I shall redeem 5 % of my existing DVC:s to market but these levels definetely it is a great buy - I do not bother to sell any of them before it rises min. 100 times - then I start my stingy selling program even knowing that I loose the potential of increase in each selling.
When selling it is important not to sell much at a time since it makes you just sad (knowing you could have tons of more BitCoins without selling too much too early).  Cool

Someone has to sell coins though or the market stops moving Ex: Doge coin is doing great because people are giving it away for free

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:05:05 PM

If anyone here doesn't feel like they can make an altcoin by simply talking to people on this site And you can Then Doge coin is the coin to get

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:42:22 PM

If anyone here doesn't feel like they can make an altcoin by simply talking to people on this site And you can Then Doge coin is the coin to get
Ok, sounds logical.

please. come on Cheesy

I'm serious a coin made 4 days ago that has almost 60 pages of discussion on the announcement page now that is insane

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:38:53 PM

I got a million Doge coins when they were .1 btc for 1,000,000 so I've already made some theoretical profit I would get in before it's too late guys

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:02:27 AM

Why is there no Katte coin?

btbat

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:37:54 AM

LTC so far.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:42:06 AM

I got a million Doge coins when they were .1 btc for 1,000,000 so I've already made some theoretical profit I would get in before it's too late guys
This. Dogecoin is sure to blow up even more.

It's about to go completely wild "Who let the dogs out" type shit

MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:43:33 AM

coming soon to the wilderness near you. Bearcoin
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:45:19 AM

coming soon to the wilderness near you. Bearcoin

I like that There will be a Bull coin soon after

holzer

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:47:53 AM

I think Litecoin is the only alt coin that has proven itself to hold up its value. I don't worry about my money in Litecoin like I may with other less established coins.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:49:35 AM

I think Litecoin is the only alt coin that has proven itself to hold up its value. I don't worry about my money in Litecoin like I may with other less established coins.

If you are looking for "established" devcoin has been around almost as long as bitcoin

KingGoon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:08:18 AM

quarkcoin for sure  Grin

So Icy E-Money - Frozentalk.org FD1GwdBjTeMPFdZD5v3cVRG7ZoPJBAuLrf
All these girls excited ,Oooo ya know they like it ,Frozen so icy, so icy ,Haters don't try to fight it ,All yo friends invited ,Frozen so icy, so icy!!
jrretirement

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:11:35 AM

Infinitecoin IFC is my pick.

Lots of real world integration and development ongoing!

Definitely one to watch in 2014.
thefunkybits
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:17:33 AM

I would say Quarkcoin due to its unique and awesome hashing algorithm. I really like Primecoin too though
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: