Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:15:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best altcoin?  (Read 5835 times)
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:03:13 AM

I saw a video saying that the coin you make yourself is the best altcoin because there are almost no altcoins that have a purpose outside of the bitcoin community

Why are there no kickstarter type coins?

I've read about 3D printing while I was reading threads on this site but I have not heard of a coin that has a 3D printer lotto or anything of the sort

Itun

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:05:48 AM

I would say that LTC has the strongest reputation and possibility to be stabilized in the future out of the alt-coins.

What do you mean by kickstarter type coins?
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:25:50 AM

I would say that LTC has the strongest reputation and possibility to be stabilized in the future out of the alt-coins.

Like a coin that pays you to make things... Maybe to invent something or to start a company or even a coin that pays you to start new coins

I have heard of premine coins and I have heard of people being paid some kind of altcoin when they write

Zavdub

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:27:19 AM

It's true that LTC has the highest value out of the alts so they may hold the title of "best". But I don't agree that the rest are worthless because namecoin, peercoin, and curecoin seem to have pretty good characteristics and may become very useful.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:52:26 AM

It's true that LTC has the highest value out of the alts so they may hold the title of "best". But I don't agree that the rest are worthless because namecoin, peercoin, and curecoin seem to have pretty good characteristics and may become very useful.

Useful how? And for who? Aren't most altcoins just something you use bitcoins to buy?

What does and can Litecoin do that bitcoin can't?

I heard about a coin called "Spots" that will soon allow you to exchange gold for coins that is new Like cash4gold for gold

deviant7

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:12:35 AM

research for yourself - but after chasing the most "profitable" alt-coin, I just joined a pool that jumps for me.  I am about 30hrs in and I will let you know how it goes if you want.  The only hiccup so far is on the exchange side.  You can choose to keep the coins or auto-trade to BTC.  Basically you are hashing what you can on early coins to exploit them.  If you feel that one of the alt-coins may "last" then horde it, other wise convert to btc/ltc.

Lemme know if you want the pool name.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:21:23 AM

What altcoin is closest to getting its own ATM?

btcglad

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:31:48 AM

It doesn't exist yet. None of these hold value based on their own merit.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:38:01 AM

research for yourself - but after chasing the most "profitable" alt-coin, I just joined a pool that jumps for me.  I am about 30hrs in and I will let you know how it goes if you want.  The only hiccup so far is on the exchange side.  You can choose to keep the coins or auto-trade to BTC.  Basically you are hashing what you can on early coins to exploit them.  If you feel that one of the alt-coins may "last" then horde it, other wise convert to btc/ltc.

Lemme know if you want the pool name.

I don't know what any of that means...

But I was not really asking I already did the research and the best altcoin is the coin you make yourself

Zavdub

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:41:45 AM

Useful how? And for who? Aren't most altcoins just something you use bitcoins to buy?

I heard about a coin called "Spots" that will soon allow you to exchange gold for coins that is new Like cash4gold for gold

I wasn't saying the LTC is more useful than BTC. It is the closest alt to getting it's own ATM. but it uses scrypt algorithm I was referring to the traits of the other sha-256 coins (NMC/PPC/Curecoin) because they aim to secure domains// be energy efficient// find cures for diseases.
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:44:13 AM

Litecoin is best alt coin.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:48:24 AM

Is anyone here planning on making a new coin soon?

koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:54:58 AM

Litecoin seems to be going in the best direction
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:59:35 AM

I wasn't saying the LTC is more useful than BTC. It is the closest alt to getting it's own ATM. but it uses scrypt algorithm I was referring to the traits of the other sha-256 coins (NMC/PPC/Curecoin) because they aim to secure domains// be energy efficient// find cures for diseases.

How are they finding cures for diseases?

beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 06:01:14 AM

just look for whatever alt coin that trades at the highest. if you are asking which one has the best value considering the price, no one really knows.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 06:13:00 AM

just look for whatever alt coin that trades at the highest. if you are asking which one has the best value considering the price, no one really knows.

Did you even read the original post?

Zavdub

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 06:45:08 AM

Here you go https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330685.0
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 06:54:57 AM

Like a coin that pays you to make things... Maybe to invent something or to start a company or even a coin that pays you to start new coins

I have heard of premine coins and I have heard of people being paid some kind of altcoin when they write

There would be no real easy way to automate this process, I believe devcoin attempted what you described but it's ended in a pretty dramatic and hyperinflated way though I don't know too much about it. Thing is, if a currency has been designed properly and it retains its value people are going to be able to afford things anyway and everything will be a lot cheaper because of deflation. I'm seeing lots of new stores and companies popping up all over the place because of this so unless you're going to co-ordinate with members of the community and have a chat with people about a different coin they'd like to see it may not be worth doing anything unless you have something so revolutionary no one else has thought of it yet.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:10:45 AM

There would be no real easy way to automate this process, I believe devcoin attempted what you described but it's ended in a pretty dramatic and hyperinflated way though I don't know too much about it. Thing is, if a currency has been designed properly and it retains its value people are going to be able to afford things anyway and everything will be a lot cheaper because of deflation. I'm seeing lots of new stores and companies popping up all over the place because of this so unless you're going to co-ordinate with members of the community and have a chat with people about a different coin they'd like to see it may not be worth doing anything unless you have something so revolutionary no one else has thought of it yet.

I've got something so revolutionary no one has thought of it yet Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=364076.0

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:19:34 AM

Here you go https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330685.0

That's pretty cool.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: