Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:22:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [OPEN] BM1380 Worldwide Chip Groupbuy  (Read 7327 times)
Beastlymac (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:04:31 PM

Beastlymac,

Depending on costs for USB sticks to be manufactured and timing, I'm down for 1000 to 2000 chips.

We won't have usb cost until we have got a design and prototype tested. For that we are waiting on a response from bit main on sample chips that we can use to test the design.
Bitmine still not post BOM and ref design files. Do you have plan to publicize your design ?
Can I count for sample chip to ?
Some of the information was incomplete. Please pm me with your design information.

Message me if you have any problems
Cheshyr

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

I assume replies to PMs will go out after the PO is sorted out with bitmain?
GandalfG

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

Dig your freedom

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:16:39 PM

BitMine update git.
Now we have  schematics, PCBs etc. All  files need for reference design miner and controller.

Beastlymac, time for collect orders and post estimated time for delivery.

Want to say thanks? 16ragydppe9QFRVhrdwEUjgfMS7KCfEFGY
madpoet

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:18:02 PM

I am happy to order as soon as I can get some rough estimates for cost Smiley
turtle83

Activity: 322

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 07:20:21 PM

I am happy to order as soon as I can get some rough estimates for cost Smiley

+1 .. cost and expected timeline

kevinm

Activity: 228

This is not good for my Chi... Yifu

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:07:40 AM

BitMine update git.
Now we have  schematics, PCBs etc. All  files need for reference design miner and controller.

Gandalf,
Any link to the github repository containing all the goodies?

cheers,
kev
Cheshyr

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:25:44 AM

BitMine update git.

Gandalf,
Any link to the github repository containing all the goodies?

cheers,
kev
It was in the hardware announcement thread in Custom Hardware:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=364236.0

https://github.com/AntMiner
kevinm

Activity: 228

This is not good for my Chi... Yifu

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:41:57 AM

Just found it,
cheers,

kev
Beastlymac (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:13:18 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2013, 03:30:08 AM by Beastlymac

Those are the files we already had. The fab has informed us that the files are missing manufacturer part numbers and information relating to the pin out of the control board. I can get a quote on the hashing board itself along with the assembly cost but we can't get the information for the control board. Also we are missing the compiled pic binary so without all the information we might be forced to either re write it ourself or more likely just switch over and use a raspberry pi.

Or if the released the chip protocol we could design a control board or make a usb adapter that would plug into a host pc.

We also have the option of potentially buying control boards from them but we don't know the price of them yet.

Cheshyr

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 05:28:16 AM

Those are the files we already had. The fab has informed us that the files are missing manufacturer part numbers and information relating to the pin out of the control board. I can get a quote on the hashing board itself along with the assembly cost but we can't get the information for the control board. Also we are missing the compiled pic binary so without all the information we might be forced to either re write it ourself or more likely just switch over and use a raspberry pi.

Or if the released the chip protocol we could design a control board or make a usb adapter that would plug into a host pc.

We also have the option of potentially buying control boards from them but we don't know the price of them yet.
I'm a bit confused I guess.  I loaded up the control board project, and I didn't see any parts that couldn't be derived from footprint and part number, except the generic popcorn parts which you would be replacing with your preferred equivalents in your design anyway... unless you were just planning to reprint their design?

The PIC binary and hashing chip protocol are an issue though, yeah...  I guess could you could sniff out the protocol pretty easily, but it sounds like you're trying to do something a little more turnkey from their original files.  Keep us posted, and let us know when you plan to respond to pms.  Thanks.
Beastlymac (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 05:34:12 AM

I'm a bit confused I guess.  I loaded up the control board project, and I didn't see any parts that couldn't be derived from footprint and part number, except the generic popcorn parts which you would be replacing with your preferred equivalents in your design anyway... unless you were just planning to reprint their design?

The PIC binary and hashing chip protocol are an issue though, yeah...  I guess could you could sniff out the protocol pretty easily, but it sounds like you're trying to do something a little more turnkey from their original files.  Keep us posted, and let us know when you plan to respond to pms.  Thanks.

Yes we are aiming to replicate the S1 design and would need the control information or the chip protocol to do so. The hope was that we would be able to replicate the design instead of have to redesign parts as that would bring down the lead time and simplify production.

Sorry i missed the pm. Just responded then.

thanks

Cheshyr

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 05:54:48 AM

Thanks for the reply.  It sounds like all the sample chips are locked up in your S1 replication project, so I guess the rest of us should plan on waiting until production chips are available to test out our designs.  Given how bogged down Bitmain is in meeting demand, maybe someone who already had an S1 can sniff out the protocol for you?  That way you can start working on a replacement firmware in case they can't deliver the pic hex.

Talk to you again in a couple months.  Let us know when payments open up.  Thanks.
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 06:19:54 AM

I'm a bit confused I guess.  I loaded up the control board project, and I didn't see any parts that couldn't be derived from footprint and part number, except the generic popcorn parts which you would be replacing with your preferred equivalents in your design anyway... unless you were just planning to reprint their design?

The PIC binary and hashing chip protocol are an issue though, yeah...  I guess could you could sniff out the protocol pretty easily, but it sounds like you're trying to do something a little more turnkey from their original files.  Keep us posted, and let us know when you plan to respond to pms.  Thanks.

Yes we are aiming to replicate the S1 design and would need the control information or the chip protocol to do so. The hope was that we would be able to replicate the design instead of have to redesign parts as that would bring down the lead time and simplify production.

Sorry i missed the pm. Just responded then.

thanks

I've sold some S1 miners to buyers. (5 units)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=356341.0

Buzz me if you still need this info - >> "would need the control information or the chip protocol to do so"

rgr_rgr

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:21:52 PM

Buzz me if you still need this info - >> "would need the control information or the chip protocol to do so"

The chip protocol is needed if you want to create your own design. *Buzz* :-)
Cheshyr

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:23:55 PM

The chip protocol is needed if you want to create your own design. *Buzz* :-)
+1

I'm not certain the protocol information is readily available, or has been provided by Bitmain yet. To sniff it out, we'd need someone willing to attach some electronics to their working product, or at least comfortable with a digital scope.
Bobs Yerunkle

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

Untitled

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:39:12 PM

I am interested in the S1 Design.

Can order 128 - 256 chips depending on total miner cost.

Grin
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:35:06 AM

Just found it,
cheers,

kev

go go kevin!! im couting on your team to bring us USB units!

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
AlexeyK

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:57:43 PM

if this GB will success i reserve 1000 chips .
maybe more , depending on shipping dates

if you think that i deserve it
185h9KXxW2Efx6ynFM61ydUKsRNaVWUobs
or GLC -  GQjVzfk3k8gb3Cy65mBUf4ADkNNTRHgsx8
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 10:48:33 PM

Put my nickname in for
150 chips ( 1.8 BTC ) // 0.012BTC Per chip

As every chip can hash 2.8GH/s @ 1.1v,
total 420 Giga for 150 chips.

@Beastlymac - any updates for this GB?

Beastlymac (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 12:33:09 AM

Put my nickname in for
150 chips ( 1.8 BTC ) // 0.012BTC Per chip

As every chip can hash 2.8GH/s @ 1.1v,
total 420 Giga for 150 chips.

@Beastlymac - any updates for this GB?
Currently no Christmas holidays are causing issues with getting quotes.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: