Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:29:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: do not be a victim of OKPAY  (Read 1934 times)
MonkeyDOH

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 07:01:18 AM

What's the best alternative against OKPAY ?
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 07:17:29 AM

all positive comments okpay is getting are coming from paid / salaried seo idiots based somewhere in india / thailand / you name it - low cost country to buy seo services....
Sorry to hear about your loss although your assumption about Thailand being a cheap place to hire cheap SEO idiots is somewhat inaccurate  Smiley
thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:18:18 PM

Did you get your money at the end? I just uploaded funds using SofortBanking and they said they would be "on hold" for 2-3 days!!! WTF??? this is what they understand under "sofort" (immediately in German)?? And they charge a 2% fee for this!
bill_d

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:46:34 PM

I sent 5k GBP by "instant" transfer from my bank to theirs on the 11th Jan - nothing in my account yet and no help from their support. Tomorrow I am asking my bank to begin a recovery process and I am reporting this as fraudulent transaction to the police (I am based in the UK) as is Mayzus Financial, OKPay's financial services provider. Perhaps a crime reference number might shake them into action! I have also already raised an official complaint via the FSA who regulate this kind of stuff in the UK.

I should add that I have previously done two smaller transactions with them which were processed in two days each.

I really don't know if I will ever see my money but anyone reading this should obviously avoid them at all costs, for any larger amount anyway. I will use SEPA in future.
ReBoRn

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Bitcoin will survive

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:47:51 AM

what happen to your money its still uphold or they solve your issue please update here waiting for your reply

keijokolme

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:17:07 PM

Thanks for the info, i will not use them.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:41:26 PM

I sent 5k GBP by "instant" transfer from my bank to theirs on the 11th Jan - nothing in my account yet and no help from their support. Tomorrow I am asking my bank to begin a recovery process and I am reporting this as fraudulent transaction to the police (I am based in the UK) as is Mayzus Financial, OKPay's financial services provider. Perhaps a crime reference number might shake them into action! I have also already raised an official complaint via the FSA who regulate this kind of stuff in the UK.

I should add that I have previously done two smaller transactions with them which were processed in two days each.

I really don't know if I will ever see my money but anyone reading this should obviously avoid them at all costs, for any larger amount anyway. I will use SEPA in future.

Another complaint post apart from OP...this is really bad...
Sorry to hear both of your loss Sad
bill_d

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:49:53 PM

Hi - my bank got my money back for me today. They contacted Voice Commerce Ltd. in the UK who the payment was made to originally. They were acting as payment processor for OKPay for GBP transactions. Once my bank spoke to them, the refund was instant. Since I made the payment, OKPay have changed their bank for GBP deposits, it's a Deutsche Bank account now. Voice Commerce told my bank that there had been lots of problems with OKPay so they froze their accounts.

If you are still waiting for money I recommend contacting Voice Commerce directly or ask your bank to, if that was who you made payment to of course ( http://www.voicecommercegroup.com ) . If you paid in a different currency to a different bank then contact them directly. It may be there are similar problems between them and OKPay that are causing delays.

OKPay themselves are either very dishonest or very incompetent. Either way, DON'T USE THEM.
Sonny

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:06:31 PM

Hi - my bank got my money back for me today. They contacted Voice Commerce Ltd. in the UK who the payment was made to originally. They were acting as payment processor for OKPay for GBP transactions. Once my bank spoke to them, the refund was instant. Since I made the payment, OKPay have changed their bank for GBP deposits, it's a Deutsche Bank account now. Voice Commerce told my bank that there had been lots of problems with OKPay so they froze their accounts.

Glad to hear that Cheesy
Dux2K
Legendary

Activity: 1022

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:26:39 AM

THANK you for warning us!
I'm glad you managed to make them pay!

Coinroll - Bitcoin Gambling

[fX665GSjkGyrckCzk]
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:53:15 AM

Just to give an alternative point of view, I have used them three or four times, so far without issue, apart from it being rather slow, usually a week between sending from my bank to it arriving at OKpay.

Obviously your experience may differ and one swallow doesn't make a summer and all that.
bill_d

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:07:22 AM

I did use them twice with smaller amounts and had no problem. But you have to have a service you can rely on with larger amounts.

I think it probably wasn't a scam in my case, but when you have £5k of your money just disappear, there is no information at all from them and, even worse, they are obviously not even reading your support tickets then you do start to worry. It may be I was just unlucky and got caught out by their change of banking, but that shouldn't really need to affect their customers.

It all says something bad about the way the company is run and I certainly would not use them again.
thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:37:44 PM

My money was added to my account after 2 days, but I'm still pissed off that the Sofort (instant) deposit is not instant...
Speedy

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:22:40 PM

I used OKPay, it was only aproxx $180. It took about 14days or something like that to arrive at OKPay. Then came the bank fees at $15 at arrival, and even less remained at that money when i managed to transfer them to btc-e.

But it all turned out good. Great Profit.

I would recommend buying bitcoins "local" instead, and transfer those to btc-e for trading. It's a lot faster.
casterlyrock

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:42:47 AM

OKPay really used to b thie sheaat
feebs (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:40:56 AM

i like to update everyone who read my posts

i finally was able to get my funds from okpay after more than 70 days, with deductions of more than $100, i quickly transferred it to btc-e, i will never use okpay again, and that should be true for everyone else, stay away from okpay

this good news for me came when i threatened them that i will post daily here in bitcointalk and elsewhere that okpay was holding my funds without any reason and they are a scammer company - which i actually did, i still think okpay is a selective scammer, okpay will not return the funds of folks who are not noisy in the forums

there is no decent company who will hold your funds for this long without telling you why, okpay is a very bad company, very bad customer service, a selective scammer, do not use okpay

if you have funds trap in okpay, do what i did, threaten them you will post negative true feedback here and reddit on a daily basis until you get your funds
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: