Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:46:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are you all so worried ?  (Read 3151 times)
GigaCoin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:30:36 AM

I noticed people are too nervous to buy in, volatile markets can cause widespread fear which the smart money use to capitalize on. Look at it this way, if Bitcoin can achieve $1250 in such an EARLY stage you really think this is the end ? This is just the start people and the fact Bitcoin is valued so highly is because there is really nothing left in this world to invest in, every other assets class is either too confusing, too overvalued or too manipulated. $10,000 is easily achievable in the next 2 years at this rate.

Whatever price you buy in at right now you are guaranteed a minimum of 100% Return within 1 year (v conservative estimate), what other investment provides you the same returns ? None !

Bitcoin is still EARLY stages, Think about it guys just look at other assets/stocks like gold, oil, real estate, agriculture, Google, apple etc etc people screamed bubble from day 1 of their booms but it took at least 6 - 12 years for those bubbles to burst ! Bitcoin barely started.

Take a deep breath, study the fundamentals you will realize how genius crypto currencies are and how lucky you are to be in so early and Buy in !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adsdas

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:33:43 AM

Once I stopped being worried I started earning real money on btc Smiley

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
aazssx

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:41:52 AM

guaranteed
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
GigaCoin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:27:55 PM

Once I stopped being worried I started earning real money on btc Smiley

+1

exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:30:16 PM

I think people need to stop looking at the price and every little crash. If you think that BTC will be around for awhile then you need to look at the big picture. Yes, it looks nice seeing how much your BTCs are potentially worth in real money, but in the long run that won't matter.

VeeMiner

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:31:19 PM

I noticed people are too nervous to buy in, volatile markets can cause widespread fear which the smart money use to capitalize on. Look at it this way, if Bitcoin can achieve $1250 in such an EARLY stage you really think this is the end ? This is just the start people and the fact Bitcoin is valued so highly is because there is really nothing left in this world to invest in, every other assets class is either too confusing, too overvalued or too manipulated. $10,000 is easily achievable in the next 2 years at this rate.

Whatever price you buy in at right now you are guaranteed a minimum of 100% Return within 1 year (v conservative estimate), what other investment provides you the same returns ? None !

Bitcoin is still EARLY stages, Think about it guys just look at other assets/stocks like gold, oil, real estate, agriculture, Google, apple etc etc people screamed bubble from day 1 of their booms but it took at least 6 - 12 years for those bubbles to burst ! Bitcoin barely started.

Take a deep breath, study the fundamentals you will realize how genius crypto currencies are and how lucky you are to be in so early and Buy in !

yep
porcupine87

Activity: 546

hm

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:33:14 PM

guaranteed

uh yeah Wink I like that. So just let's make a deal. I stick all my money into btc. If it makes profit, you get half of it. (so at least 50%). If it loses money, you pay me 100% of the losses back.
-> so you can only win Wink

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 01:49:18 PM

if Bitcoin can achieve $1250 in such an EARLY stage you really think this is the end ?

+1

don't wait for the next crash, you will just end up being butthurt for not buying when it was cheap Cheesy

Offtopic: I was lately amazed when my friend asked me "Can I buy less than 1 bitcoin?". This surely is a problem as it seems that regular Joes think that the smallest unit of bitcoins is 1 and therefore will not rush to the buying frenzy any more. Let's be honest, for a regular Joe, 1000$ can be a decent amount of money.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
zendantom

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:55:58 PM

Offtopic: I was lately amazed when my friend asked me "Can I buy less than 1 bitcoin?". This surely is a problem as it seems that regular Joes think that the smallest unit of bitcoins is 1 and therefore will not rush to the buying frenzy any more. Let's be honest, for a regular Joe, 1000$ can be a decent amount of money.

Funny, because dollar has cents as well...
Unless some think about Bitcoin as a stock investment  Smiley

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:27:10 PM

guaranteed

uh yeah Wink I like that. So just let's make a deal. I stick all my money into btc. If it makes profit, you get half of it. (so at least 50%). If it loses money, you pay me 100% of the losses back.
-> so you can only win Wink

how much are we talking about ? i´d consider such a bet, for real.
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:00:26 PM

Very true and valid arguments
If only more folks would heed it..

Hfertig

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:57:16 PM

Wow, 100% guaranteed performance within one year. I did not know this ! and 10.000 in just two years ? another 1000% amazing.

I offer you even 70% of my profits, as long as you will be accountable for the losses if they occur. Got USD 100.000 ready, please tell me when you are....
Boxman90

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:12:37 PM

Thank you so much for this advice, I'm feeling generous too so you can join in this guaranteed profit. I'll invest 10k right now and give you 50% of all my profits, if we can make a contract that you will pay any losses if they occur.

The losses part is just a legal thing, it doesn't matter. It's guaranteed, right?

LTC: LKKy4eDWyVtSrQAJy7Qmmz61RaFY91D9yC   BTC: 18fzdnCkuUNthCD8hM36UBGopFa9ij78gG
Mirsad

Activity: 140

Bitcoin - love & hate

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:19:38 PM

I just tell all my friends to buy in with 100k.

Hmm damn.. why sounds this really much like any other pyramide scheme?
A 10k Bitcoin price is actually not sustainable -> it could be in the future, but we don't know yet.

Bitcoin could reach 1 Million Dollar, BUT someone has to pay for it.
You can create Millionaires with thin air. The kids who bought 10k coin for a total of under 100$ need to be paid when the price rises like before.

So we need more money, without money the price will stagnate or drop, if someone big decide to take profits. All the guys who bough between 0.01 and 1000$ can decide for themselves -> Wait and hold: Hope that newbies pay their share or Sell and get out with as much profit as possible and probably buy back at lower prices.

Bitcoin can't create new "wealth", it can only redistribute it. The strong take it from the weak hands. Bitcoin is now in the hand of greedy speculators, most buyers only want to increase their wealth, but not everybody can win. Who will be left holding the bag? I don't predict an epic crash this year, but at some time there will be a significant correction and a lot of money will be burnt -> same as every stock crash. Most buyers are going to lose and a few will profit!

< 100 BTC is not worth mentioning. Poor souls will always remain poor. Don't miss the failtrain.
Jcw188

Activity: 546

Carpe Diem

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:22:39 PM

Well, it's not like this is a pyramid scheme.  It can have some value for people to have btc, especially, at this point, ones who want to do illegal things.  For instance if there is demand then the price could climb very high, it's like the stock market where it "creates" wealth. But this is only if btc continues to have use and hopefully it becomes more mainstream and people cna use it for things.  At some point it has to become less volatile for this to happen though.  Who know what price that will be?

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
panck4beer

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:25:33 PM

No price is guaranteed, Bitcoin works well at  $100 / BTC as well as  $10,000 / BTC

kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:31:17 PM

Wrong for so many reasons. You can't say we are, for a fact, in the early stages. There could be devastating news tomorrow (or even today) that essentially destroys all faith in bitcoin and bring prices crashing. In that case, it would essentially be the end.

I don't know if this is trolling or what, but to come in and say, matter of fact, that we are in the early stages and returns are guaranteed is at most just plain stupid or at very least irresponsible.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:43:52 PM

Bitcoin can't create new "wealth", it can only redistribute it. The strong take it from the weak hands. Bitcoin is now in the hand of greedy speculators, most buyers only want to increase their wealth, but not everybody can win. Who will be left holding the bag? I don't predict an epic crash this year, but at some time there will be a significant correction and a lot of money will be burnt -> same as every stock crash. Most buyers are going to lose and a few will profit!

Isn't this how all markets work, since, like forever?

Financial instruments don't create wealth either, they represent value and are a tool to distribute it among willing investors seeking profit. Bitcoin's valuation is representative of its potential and infrastructure behind it. It's both a currency and financial tool to speculate on its underlying value. Speculators are necessary for price discovery. Some are greedier than others.

If everyone cashed out Apple stock at the same time after learning iOS 8 steals your identity and takes out a mortgage in your name, you'd get the same effect. And yes it could happen with Bitcoin with the right "perfect storm" of catastrophic news--that's the risk we take. Until then, not all investors will seek to cash out simultaneously. It's the same way with insurance companies: Their business model is dependent on everyone NOT getting in a car accident at the same time Smiley
dasein

Activity: 122

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:46:22 PM

I just tell all my friends to buy in with 100k.

Hmm damn.. why sounds this really much like any other pyramide scheme?
A 10k Bitcoin price is actually not sustainable -> it could be in the future, but we don't know yet.

Bitcoin could reach 1 Million Dollar, BUT someone has to pay for it.
You can create Millionaires with thin air. The kids who bought 10k coin for a total of under 100$ need to be paid when the price rises like before.

So we need more money, without money the price will stagnate or drop, if someone big decide to take profits. All the guys who bough between 0.01 and 1000$ can decide for themselves -> Wait and hold: Hope that newbies pay their share or Sell and get out with as much profit as possible and probably buy back at lower prices.

Bitcoin can and does create new "wealth" because the technology itself has immense utility, and that utility expands with the growth of Bitcoin, reducing costs and creating new efficiencies in the economy, thereby creating value.
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:49:33 PM

I'm worried because I saw just how closely price on all exchanges follows BTCchina, as if done algorithmically by bots, no matter what the order book looks like. If mtgox had a 20kBTC buy wall and BTCChina went down, then there would be a 20k sell.

We only recovered now because volume on BTCchina suddenly picked back up, I guess because some investors had to complete their ID verification. But this is not a good a reason for recovery. I would have preferred to see us recover WITHOUT China. Now we are still at the mercy of China. Say btcchina closes tomorrow , then it is back down the rabbit hole.

Its another mtgox.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: