Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:18:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How well does Bitcoin function as a currency?  (Read 3265 times)
Mix_Fix

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 09:16:52 PM

I always use Bitcoin as a stable store of value. You must understand that developing countries have problems with national currencies, so something like BTC is great alternative for people.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 09:20:14 PM

the bitcoin functions optimally well as a currency as it has its own way of being characterized as  it relates to the cryptocurrency part of the whole dealings. i must conclude by saying that the few years i have been in the currency has been fruitful.

Adeforever

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:30:18 PM

I often use bitcoin as a currency but not frequent. It serves a mean of payment when ever i tendered service to some of my on the crypto world, then when ever I received it, I head to exchange to use it to secure another trending token.
olgafox0404

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:44:21 PM

bitcoin has shown many times that it works perfectly as a currency! and the increase in services and online stores that take payment in bitcoins is the best evidence that speaks about bitcoin as the best currency
Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:44:57 PM

As far as stableness go, I do not think bitcoin is. It is highly unpredictable and seeing how many times the price went down, it is not stable enough as a currency. It also is not being used by more people as everyone in the crypto world expects and wants. But give it a few more years and it might get back up again like all other currencies.
pokang13

Activity: 106

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:50:08 PM

Bitcoin function well as currency because it is already beign used to buy items online.Many people use it also for faster payment transactions.If you have bitcoin, it means you have money.That's it!
Ethan Argu

Activity: 340
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:20:44 AM

It is a digital currencies that you can use of mode of exchange and its continuing develop atm's in some country . Some country are accepting bitcoin especially on the tourist country. No hassle free just by sending using your mobile phone. Everything will be easy.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)
Antony85

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:37:19 AM

Bitcoin is a currency, on the other hand, Bitcoin is also a distribution network distribution (peer to peer). You can send Bitcoin directly to other people without intermediaries, the cost is very low, even zero.
dilemamis

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:44:47 AM

I would say that i don’t think bitcoin functions to well as a currency, this comes down to the fact that there isn’t much adoption at all from companies to accept bitcoin, which is vital to the success of bitcoin. Also, when the market becomes congested fees get too high.
maminelly

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:54:26 AM

this is a very correct question,the problem is that bitcoin has a huge number of technical flaws ... i doubt very much that this will be used as an alternative, and over time and a substitute for the dollar and any other real currency. i adhere to the point of view that if the Crypto-currencies and oust the usual money, then at the head of the world economy there will definitely be no bitcoin....
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:55:10 AM

bitcoin has shown many times that it works perfectly as a currency! and the increase in services and online stores that take payment in bitcoins is the best evidence that speaks about bitcoin as the best currency

Do you even know what currency means? Currency are the fiats that is being used on every countries as a payment. With the volatility of Bitcoin, I don't think it will ever be a great fiat or currency.

Bitcoin may be a best investment, a best digital currency but I don't think it will ever be a perfect currency.
Dana-pasar

Activity: 167
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:01:23 AM

I myself still don't know for sure, bro. because in my country in Indonesia the use of bitcon as a currency is still banned or considered illegal by the Indonesian government. but if I see the news I've read. bitcoin It's great to be a currency ..

[tengah] [url = https: //www.4art-technologies.com] ═══▦▦═══  4ARTECHNOLOGIES [/ b] ═══▦▦═══
 ICO TOKEN SALE IS SEKARANG BUKA UNTUK INVESTOR [
Tszone

Activity: 156

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 03:38:54 PM

Bitcoin arguably satisfies the first criterion, because a growing number of merchants accept it as payment. But it performs poorly as a unit of account and a store of value. I think bitcoin is not yet what the world actually wants it to be in order to be recognized as a currency.
Wobweb038

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 04:37:19 PM

It's an entire of oversights to have an outlook that bitcoin isn't a cash, since it's not utilized in business exercises as much as the significant fiat monetary forms. That is a misconception, as I would like to think
RianDrop

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 04:39:25 PM

Yes, you named it! These are the reasons why bitcoin is a currency. But you missed one thing, bitcoin is a currency because it fits the criteria pf being a currency by the federal which is responsible for it.

So this is a currency and perhaps the best currency ever invented!
AntiMage007

Activity: 364
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 05:20:14 PM

Successful currencies meet three criteria:

(1) they are in widespread use as medium of exchange
(2) they serve as unit of account
(3) they are a stable store of value.

Most sovereign currencies fully meet all three criteria.

What about Bitcoin?

1. Medium of exchange. The main criteria for something to function as a medium of exchange are that it be robust and portable, Since BTC are virtual, they obviously fulfill these functions.

2. Unit of account. A unit of account needs to have a stable value.
*kimcil*

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 05:38:26 PM

Bitcoin increases it with internet usage. Now, we can make online transactions using bitcoin. We only need to wait for the merchant to accept it. I see many companies still doubt but somehow they will also improve. Instead of making their own coins, it's easier to use trusted ones.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 06:03:34 PM

Successful currencies meet three criteria:

(1) they are in widespread use as medium of exchange
(2) they serve as unit of account
(3) they are a stable store of value.

Most sovereign currencies fully meet all three criteria.

What about Bitcoin?
As of this time Bitcoin is more popular as an investment asset and not as a currency wherein it is really what is intended to be by the legendary founder Satoshi Nakamoto. Though it is not known by late comers as a currency but still the community knows it's purpose of existence and I myselfuse it as a currency to buy prepaid loads for my data connection and I find it convenient because it is super fast unfortunately Bitcoin is unstable due to volatility.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
mooccowmoo

Activity: 390
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 06:08:38 PM

But I think over time, bitcoin will be able to function as a full currency. Only for its development in the world requires more time.
Kekenapep

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 06:24:06 PM

Btc is obviously a currency,just a decentralized one which makes it a whole lot better as customers decide its worth...
Btc is also international
Btc is cheap and fast..

I think it qualifies as a currency
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: