Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:23:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How well does Bitcoin function as a currency?  (Read 3265 times)
ugr_erkn92

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 01:17:45 PM

Bitcoin is still very young, although it is not widely accepted as a means of payment, it will do more in the near future as a payment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kim Addington

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 02:51:27 PM

Personally, I believe bitcoins true value and future lies much more as an asset class then as a currency to be spent. It'll be more like gold then local currency.
It's deflationary nature will strongly discourage it's use as a currency, and it's properties as a store of value/inflation hedge make it a far more natural fit then as a traditional means of exchange.
dimiinx

Activity: 355
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 02:52:30 PM

Bitcoin is still very young, although it is not widely accepted as a means of payment, it will do more in the near future as a payment.
bitcoin helps me to invest in bitcoin to help me in the economy of my life and I am grateful for the current bitcoin and hopefully it will benefit everyone
Dylan Bargeman

Activity: 21
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 03:01:27 PM

Bitcoin and cryptos are young and very small. Maybe Bitcoin will be digital gold, maybe it will be currency. It's hard to tell this early in the game. What Bitcoin can do will depend on the features added in the years to come.
laylava.sted

Activity: 63

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 04:03:53 PM

Bitcoin as a currency is going well because bitcoin is a digital currency. A currency can be treated as a commodity, and bitcoin has been behaving more like a commodity. commodity values can surge although usually not like this and while commodities can be bertared. What is commodity? commodity is an object with use value. which is modified by market expectation
munify

Activity: 386

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 04:19:27 PM

I think bitcoin bitcoin doesn't meet the criteria for point three, because bitcoin is not stable and I think bitcoin will be good for use as an asset.

GptVerse.art
A Metaverse App to Shop, Learn, Organize, and Play!
toolsydas

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 05:51:14 PM

Bitcoin can typically handle 5–7 transactions per second, with fees from a few cents to a few dollars. When the transaction volume on the network increases, fees skyrocket and transactions take a long time to clear. In contrast, Visa and Mastercard can reportedly handle around 2000 transactions per second. In order to be a global payments system, Bitcoin needs to improve on this dramatically. So there is still a lot of work to do.
coffigayo

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 06:30:03 PM

In my opinion the function of Bitcoin as a currency in world life has been very good, where Bitcoin has contributed to the global economy. But the problem is not really stable, there is a need to keep an eye on the price.
Gamblet

Activity: 476
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 09:04:25 PM

I think that Bitcoin can perform well as a currency. Although Bitcoin has scalability problems, but at this stage it is not a big problem. Bitcoin has a lot of potential as a currency.
Zeque02

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:22:00 PM

I think bitcoin function as a currency is good because of how fast the transactions is and its usefulness. The problems about bitcoin is that it does not have a stable value which needs monitored. But overall bitcoin will doing well as currency.

▀     ▀       Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising      [   P r ⦿ s t a r t e r .   ]           Invest today. Live tomorrow.       ▀     ▀
▀     ▀     |  Whitepaper  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram Group  |  Telegram Ann  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |     ▀     ▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ains_sama

Activity: 608

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:41:20 PM

I am currently seeing bitcoin not as a currency. but is a digital asset. because there are several criteria that bitcoin does not fulfill as a currency. one of them is a stable value. but bitcoin has no such criteria. Bitcoin is unstable, even tends to be very volatile. so it is suitable for assets.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:04:58 AM

Bitcoin works well as a medium of exchange and more and more large organizations are beginning to accept it as payment for their goods and services.
Basically bitcoin is not really a currency it has only a digital value that have a corresponding equivalent to the real currency and that is why it was called a virtual currency or a currency that has no true legal value but because of global massive adaptation, the bitcoin is become more popular of being a virtual currency and with the trend of world technology its not far that it will become the universal currency in the near future.
Thats right dude, as time goes by and more and more adopters will certainly make bitcoin a universal currency and more and more people will accept it, it will be easier to use bitcoin but still there are still many shortcomings such as fees, transaction speed and fluctuations
tetyulfania

Activity: 653
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:30:35 AM

We can get more best service using bitcoin function as currency, because we can make transaction more faster than other transaction, just few second we have finished transaction if using bitcoin as currency. 
cris17

Activity: 640

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:04:34 PM

I think Bitcoin will develop and will become better then it is now. The main problem of Bitcoin are slow transactions compared to other altcoins or even to Visa and Mastercard.
qwerty12

Activity: 313

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:47:02 PM

Successful currencies meet three criteria:

(1) they are in widespread use as medium of exchange
(2) they serve as unit of account
(3) they are a stable store of value.

Most sovereign currencies fully meet all three criteria.

What about Bitcoin?

Among all these criteria, I always believe that Bitcoin fulfills everything well, with the exception of a stable store of value. But, is the value of fiat currency always stable, I don't think so. Therefore, it is very unfair to say that Bitcoin does not meet the currency criteria because of its value not stable.
Ethan Argu

Activity: 340

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 03:36:04 AM

Fastest transaction improvment of payments we can use bitcoin continues developing the mode of transaction they can help also many poor people that less job. They has a huge responsibility in our community it has many function for everything.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)
toast

Activity: 1582
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 03:45:21 AM

I would say that i don’t think bitcoin functions to well as a currency, this comes down to the fact that there isn’t much adoption at all from companies to accept bitcoin, which is vital to the success of bitcoin. Also, when the market becomes congested fees get too high.

So I don’t think we’re too good of a currency as of right now.
for now in my country the function of bitcoin as a currency cannot fully work because the government in my country still prohibits bitcoin from being used as a direct transaction if it is already recognized by all countries and everyone is likely the function of bitcoin as a currency will work optimally

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
eashikde

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:54:46 PM

In my opinion, the cryptocurrency is very good and convenient. I personally use it not so often, but the speed of transactions and commission fees make me happy. I think the future of digital currency, as technology evolves and the process is not reversible. If you solve the issue of cooperation with governments and legalize them, it will be cool.
kimpack7461

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:00:14 PM

Maybe Bitcoin will be digital gold, maybe it will be the currency. What Bitcoin can do will depend on the features added in the coming years. A currency can be considered a commodity, and bitcoin has acted like an item. The value of the commodity may increase though often not like this and while the commodity may be bertared. A commodity is a value-using object that is modified according to market expectations. Bitcoins typically handle 5-7 transactions per second, with costs ranging from a few cents to a few dollars. In contrast, Visa and Mastercard can process about 2000 transactions per second. So there is still a lot to do.
finlandais

Activity: 397

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 03:40:31 PM

I think it is doing pretty good.It is moving at fast pace and is  trying best to replace paper currency.But still i would say transation cost in case of BTC is much more as compare to other visa cards and master cards.So BTC need much more to improve.Moveover BTC is still not accepted by many countries.So a lot more things are needed to be done ,so in coming years it can be expected.

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
█████ BRIDGING MARKETS █████
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: