This just in, i received my shipment of 1024 bitecoins.
What is it?
bitecoin is the better bitcoin. Why better? Well, it's obvious:
- there are 21 Million bitcoins, but only 1024 bitecoins.
- bitcoins are deflationary because of limited supply and unforeseen loss, while bitecoins are going to be eaten, leaving far fewer on the market -> huge deflation
- bitcoins can not be turned into bitecoins. bitecoins on the other hand are easily bitten of, turning them into bit coins.
- bitecoins come in pairs.
- with bitecoins, you can attach your business card to give them away to customers / people you want to get interested in bitcoins.
- bitcoins can not be flipped, bitecoins on the other hand can, and they come up 0 or 1, just as you'd expect.
- bitecoins have cool 7 bit ascii, not that fancy new 8 bit stuff.
- bitecoins feature your favorite movie star on the front and back.
- bitecoins taste better.
- i'm the only undeserving early developer, i own 100%! Woohoo!
So, what's the deal? Right now, i'm sitting on a stash of 1024 fine belgium chocolate bitecoins, packaged in pairs, i.e. 512 packages. (i've actually got 550 packs, to be able to sort any bad ones out, but i'll destroy the surplus in my stomach / my girlfriend's stomach, i promise!)
I'll be selling those at a price of probably somewhere below 1 btc per package, including shipping, the final price is not yet set, as i'll have to determine shipping costs etc., but it'll not be above 1 btc. Btw, this is a non-profit, just-for-fun enterprise for me.
I'll not sell more than a reasonable amount to any single buyer, i want these spread around. They probably make a good gift for someone you want to get interested in bitcoins, a birthday present for the bitcoin lover, whatever.
Right now, i'll go into the weekend, so i'll start taking orders from monday on. I'll only be able to ship during next week, since i'll also be on vacation for the rest of August. Yeah, timing's bad, but the whole creation process of these thingies took me a few weeks longer than originally planned. So, order them next week, or you'll not see them before September.
Please don't order here on the forums, don't order by pm, i think i'll set up a small website over the weekend. Btw, if somebody wants to create that site, i'll be offering a few btc / maybe a bitecoin as a reward
, pm me here.
So, all in all, no orders this weekend please
, i just wanted to let get your mouths all watery prematurely ;-)
A few pics:
with a business card in the lid, you may put your own there:
size compared to 1 EUR: