Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:12:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing bitecoin, the chocolate bitcoin  (Read 5444 times)
qwk (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 03:47:27 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2011, 10:07:14 PM by qwk

This just in, i received my shipment of 1024 bitecoins.

What is it?

bitecoin is the better bitcoin. Why better? Well, it's obvious:

- there are 21 Million bitcoins, but only 1024 bitecoins.
- bitcoins are deflationary because of limited supply and unforeseen loss, while bitecoins are going to be eaten, leaving far fewer on the market -> huge deflation
- bitcoins can not be turned into bitecoins. bitecoins on the other hand are easily bitten of, turning them into bit coins.
- bitecoins come in pairs.
- with bitecoins, you can attach your business card to give them away to customers / people you want to get interested in bitcoins.
- bitcoins can not be flipped, bitecoins on the other hand can, and they come up 0 or 1, just as you'd expect.
- bitecoins have cool 7 bit ascii, not that fancy new 8 bit stuff.
- bitecoins feature your favorite movie star on the front and back.
- bitecoins taste better.
- i'm the only undeserving early developer, i own 100%! Woohoo!

So, what's the deal? Right now, i'm sitting on a stash of 1024 fine belgium chocolate bitecoins, packaged in pairs, i.e. 512 packages. (i've actually got 550 packs, to be able to sort any bad ones out, but i'll destroy the surplus in my stomach / my girlfriend's stomach, i promise!)
I'll be selling those at a price of probably somewhere below 1 btc per package, including shipping, the final price is not yet set, as i'll have to determine shipping costs etc., but it'll not be above 1 btc. Btw, this is a non-profit, just-for-fun enterprise for me.
I'll not sell more than a reasonable amount to any single buyer, i want these spread around. They probably make a good gift for someone you want to get interested in bitcoins, a birthday present for the bitcoin lover, whatever.
Right now, i'll go into the weekend, so i'll start taking orders from monday on. I'll only be able to ship during next week, since i'll also be on vacation for the rest of August. Yeah, timing's bad, but the whole creation process of these thingies took me a few weeks longer than originally planned. So, order them next week, or you'll not see them before September.

Please don't order here on the forums, don't order by pm, i think i'll set up a small website over the weekend. Btw, if somebody wants to create that site, i'll be offering a few btc / maybe a bitecoin as a reward, pm me here.

So, all in all, no orders this weekend please, i just wanted to let get your mouths all watery prematurely ;-)

A few pics:

with a business card in the lid, you may put your own there:

size compared to 1 EUR:

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2011, 08:17:09 PM

OK! I'll bite. I can't believe I just said that.

I'll build/design your simple website. FOR FREE! No BTC. No Chocolate. That's if you don't mind self-hosting a Wordpress theme, as your CMS, on Hostgator. I'll be using artisteer to design it. The back end would be easy for you to modify, and you can always recontact me if/when you run into a problem.

Why, you may be asking yourself, would I do this for you? Because your product is killer!

I only have one MF'in problem with it--Now this board with be populated with women (and we all know how they get when they eat it, and they'll be coming to this board for...).
kookiekrak

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 08:19:14 PM

pay him in defective chocolate!

FREE 100 GME if you post your Cryptsy TradeKey on the official GameCoinTalk forums

http://www.gamecointalk.org/index.php?topic=7.msg9#new
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2011, 08:23:16 PM

pay him in defective chocolate!

nhodges

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 08:25:21 PM

You should talk to Gabriel Beal about putting some of these on MetaCo.in!

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2011, 08:28:35 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2011, 09:02:57 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

This is very cool!

Thank you, Drifter.

Oops! I think you were talking about the chocolate and not my free offer.

Bitsquirrel thinks it's very cool, too.

qwk (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 10:20:09 PM

Ok, right now, Phinnaeus is working on the website, i've already talked to bit-pay.com about payment processing, and i'm thinking about offering a metaco.in deal as soon as they are back up and running.

Anything else i should do to get his started? What do you think?  Smiley

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 01:34:31 PM

nice! I'll put a link on bitcoinX if I get one
qwk (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 02:15:29 PM

I guess we'll meet at the next Munich bitcoin meeting Wink

qwk (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 02:18:28 PM

Just an update:

unfortunately, due to heavy workload in my daytime job  this week(don't get me started), i'll have to postpone the start of sales for this chocolate coin until after my vacation.

So, sorry, no chocolate this month, but all the better in September, when you start shopping for christmas gifts  Grin

phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 03:10:43 PM

I guess we'll meet at the next Munich bitcoin meeting Wink
I had hoped you would bring a few  Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: