Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:28:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill Gates: I would put against bitcoin  (Read 819 times)
freesia_pnp888

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:04:57 PM

sad, i thought he would change his mind but yeah, richest man on earth can say anything he wants.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:13:15 PM

Wow, another conflict statement, like what others stated, he ones silently endorsing this system, he said that no one can stop bitcoin, now he's against this system, I wonder, maybe he's bag holdings isn't full yet and he wanted to have some more before he will pull it up again, for weak holders this statement can create panics, but for those who already witness every negative statement, will try to buy more as we will anticipate that after some dumped, pumped high will follow.
pekcoin01

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 06:17:38 PM

Explanations of popular people about bitcoin are very important. Millions of people read reviews of famous people, and they are buying or selling bitcoins in line with these comments.
For this reason, we need to pay attention to the accuracy of the news source. There are many fake accounts.
desmodiAN

Activity: 164
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:28:43 PM

gates had the right timing and good thoughts and endurance with microsoft.
now he does the best a human can. he saves lifes instead of beeing ceo of any company. he does not really care about btc.

but. he is and was not always correct in his predictions. he is a human, with luck with skills with errors.
and to be modest, he is an older man. technology already overtaken his  sight. (google, tesla, artificial intelligence, social media, crypto currency)

so, yes old people tend to follow his thoughts. younger not.

but he is right. investing in crypto is speculating. speculative investing in a future and maybe in a healther one than the "government fiat"  present is...

jahn_quid

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 06:39:17 PM

"Bitcoin and ICO, I believe, I believe, these are some of the crazy, speculative things," Gates said. He added that someone once gave him bitcoins for his birthday, but he sold it in a few years.

The funny thing is, Gates ultimately is a trader too!  Grin
SolutionBase
Copper Member

Activity: 33
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:41:31 PM

Bill Gates is obviously a very intelligent man, however, like anyone who is successful, its easy for him to speak about subjects with the presumption of expertise (and for others to believe his opinion has weight) when really he's no more of an expert in this area than anyone else who has a passing familiarity with crypto. Its like when a doctor speaks about the stock market and other people think that his opinions are inherently noteworthy because of his perceived intelligence - they fail to realize that specialized knowledge in one field, which may itself be an indicator of great intelligence, means nothing when it comes to another field which requires just as much specialization to understand. So that said, Bill Gates can say whatever he wants about crypto, but as someone who is not active in the space, I could honestly care less what he's thoughts on the subject are.
SuperD007

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

Treat People How You Would Like To Be Treated.

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:43:33 PM

Bill Gates opinion on Bitcoin matters about as much as Barney The Dinosaurs opinion on string theory.   Grin

Bill Gates and Warren Buffet need to go buy an Island together then fck off and stay there, they serve no purpose nor do they offer any value to society. They are both fcktards that hide behind FAKE philanthropy. The Bill and Melinda gates foundation is just one massive exploit of a tax loophole. The donations they provide are mainly to provide vaccinations in third world countries. Not with the intention to help but all part of their depopulation plan...

automaticmoney

Activity: 420
Merit: 18

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:42:34 PM

Now bill gates itself invested in many blockchain technologies and now saying hard tone on bitcoin because of warren buffet has a negative mind
henke1

Activity: 261
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:55:36 PM

He has been positive about bitcoin, then negative, then positive again, now he is negative again. What's this guy's deal?
Bill Gates is a dinosaur like Buffet  Tongue
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3644374.0
‘Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is’: Winkelvoss Dares Bill Gates to Short Bitcoin
https://www.ccn.com/put-your-money-where-your-mouth-is-winkelvoss-dares-bill-gates-to-short-bitcoin/
 Tongue
lifetimebitcoins

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:08:00 PM

Bill gates created one more Fud news which won't effort on bitcoin price any more people are mature enough to see bitcoin future with their own eyes and bill gates investing on blockchain technology on large scale
MNTCorp

Activity: 119

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:17:18 PM

There is a chance, that this guy is a tool of big players. Because, he's changing his mind from time to time. I think he really realises the value of blockchain. We can't find out what is going on with him now.
brylle34

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:39:24 PM

Did someone paid him to give paid reviews ?
I remember the time when he said all those good things about Bitcoins and now what is this ?
😐 I don't understand why a man that respectable would change his thoughts and all.

At the end of the day everything is an asset .. literally everything.. then why is he doing this partiality ? He should speak again precious stones and even dollars ! And the stock market and everything else too !
let's look at it in a different perspective, if you own a lot of bitcoin and you sold it and you want to buy cheap value, what will you do??? just simply causing FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt, usually evoked intentionally in order to put a competitor at a disadvantage.). always remember that man is a businessman and if there is a chance of profit why would he / she put negative things to it on media. i guess your question is answered sir Smiley. i would even do that if it is me.
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:57:00 PM

There is a point in what Bill Gate says, now the market movement is completely because of the speculation, we need to have more market acceptance to be the monster we are expecting, with just a speculative coin the future is not bright and unless it can be used as a currency the price might not increase like the way John Mcfee expects to be.
Austin Alexis

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:02:32 PM

American businessman Bill Gates again spoke out against the first crypto currency: in the Squawk Box program on CNBC, the co-founder of Microsoft called bitcoin one of the most speculative things in the world. This slightly tilted the course of the coin on Monday, May 7, but today it is still in the green zone.

"I would oppose bitcoin if there was an easy way to do this," said Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft Corporation in CNBC's Squawk Box, on Monday, May 7.

"As an asset class, you do not produce anything, and so you should not expect it to rise, it's a kind of pure investment" stupid theory, "Gates said in the CNBC program" Squawk Box. "

"Bitcoin and ICO, I believe, I believe, these are some of the crazy, speculative things," Gates said. He added that someone once gave him bitcoins for his birthday, but he sold it in a few years.

According to Gates, there is no need to count on the growth of bitcoin's value: "from the point of view of the asset class, you do not produce anything." The largest shareholder of Microsoft considers investing in this cryptonet "the theory of a bigger fool in its pure form."

She claims that money can be made by acquiring securities without regard for their quality and selling them at a profit, because there will always be a "bigger fool." Proceeding from the theory, speculative bubbles grow in this way, which burst with time and bring down the value of shares in a mass sale.

Note that earlier Gates accused the BTC of the death of people, pointing out that the coin is often used to buy drugs. In November 2014, the businessman called bitcoin "a revolutionary technology and the most innovative solution in the modern Internet payment market."

Like many critics of crypto currency, Gates acknowledged that the basic technology of blockchain has its advantages. Blocking eliminates the need for a third-party intermediary, such as a bank, to quickly create a secure, permanent report on the transaction between the two parties. Bitcoin is the first application of blocking technology, and companies are exploring ways to use technology to manage supply chains, trade and other areas.

I think he's being peer pressured by warren buffet. I have actually heard him speak positively of crypto a few months ago. I wonder what has changed
laserfocused

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 10:25:31 PM

American businessman Bill Gates again spoke out against the first crypto currency: in the Squawk Box program on CNBC, the co-founder of Microsoft called bitcoin one of the most speculative things in the world. This slightly tilted the course of the coin on Monday, May 7, but today it is still in the green zone.

"I would oppose bitcoin if there was an easy way to do this," said Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft Corporation in CNBC's Squawk Box, on Monday, May 7.

"As an asset class, you do not produce anything, and so you should not expect it to rise, it's a kind of pure investment" stupid theory, "Gates said in the CNBC program" Squawk Box. "

According to Gates, there is no need to count on the growth of bitcoin's value: "from the point of view of the asset class, you do not produce anything." The largest shareholder of Microsoft considers investing in this cryptonet "the theory of a bigger fool in its pure form."

She claims that money can be made by acquiring securities without regard for their quality and selling them at a profit, because there will always be a "bigger fool." Proceeding from the theory, speculative bubbles grow in this way, which burst with time and bring down the value of shares in a mass sale.

Note that earlier Gates accused the BTC of the death of people, pointing out that the coin is often used to buy drugs. In November 2014, the businessman called bitcoin "a revolutionary technology and the most innovative solution in the modern Internet payment market."

Like many critics of crypto currency, Gates acknowledged that the basic technology of blockchain has its advantages. Blocking eliminates the need for a third-party intermediary, such as a bank, to quickly create a secure, permanent report on the transaction between the two parties. Bitcoin is the first application of blocking technology, and companies are exploring ways to use technology to manage supply chains, trade and other areas.

Interesting
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:38:58 PM

I've seen or heard what he's said I can clearly capture what he means that Mr. Bill Gates's well aware of the greatness of bitcoin, that bitcoin's very hard to beat.
But eventually from his defeat Bill Gates ramble is not clear and little spread FUD.
kastara

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:43:19 PM

perhaps bill gates see from a business point of view that blockchain technology can affect their business when it's implemented so it's about bitcoin, because I think bitcoin and their products have different market shares so I'm rather inclined to ask what's wrong with their product. because for me the concept of bitcoin is created to create financial stability so that it is no longer rare between the rich and the poor and this can also encourage economic growth as well because many people can buy a product from bitcoin.
Gatot84

Activity: 188

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:23:18 AM

Bill gates is not a psychic, he is just a human. Bitcoin is a very valuable asset like a diamond that is so rare and beautiful if it has it. With the existence of blockchain technology can perform fast transactions and can be done anywhere. Cool
Jess KaKa

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:31:59 AM

Everything is waiting in the future, no one can be sure what you say is true at this time. I believe in the good future of BTC.
hoavantathan

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:06:40 AM

He's also an investor. Bitcoin and blockchain are a new trend so he wanna learn and know. If he create a new blockchain, i think it will be hot
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: