Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:24:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do robots dream of Blockchain?  (Read 299 times)
loreRex (OP)

Activity: 279
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:29:20 PM
Merited by Vod (1), paxmao (1)

Some interesting insights on the future of blockchain applied to swarm robotics and Robot-as-a-Service:

https://medium.com/anyledger/do-robots-dream-of-blockchain-8bbe7b24f654
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
krogothmanhattan
Cypher Hodl LLC
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3211

The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 05:37:02 PM
Merited by paxmao (1), loreRex (1)

Some interesting insights on the future of blockchain applied to swarm robotics and Robot-as-a-Service:

Your title reminds me of a book  Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip Dick.

That same book was made into a movie called Blade Runner.  Both excellent by the way
loreRex (OP)

Activity: 279
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:43:49 PM

Yep, nice catch, the author had that in mind.  Grin
sham100899

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

https://bizzilions.com/?ref=sham100899

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 08:41:08 AM

Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) is on its way to conquer the world. One thing I would like to point out, Do robots dream? 😅
gruad

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 01:30:45 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

We create the AI in our image and we place the patterns of analysis and self-learning, so it also depends on the programmer what the patterns are like and if there are multi-streams.

But if you can think of religions and Gods as of higher creators with respectful authority, then I don't think that self-conscious machine would treat human beings with the same type of authority once it starts dreaming.
rexxarofmoknathal

Activity: 966
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:07:15 PM

Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) is on its way to conquer the world. One thing I would like to point out, Do robots dream? 😅

The type of robots you're talking about have long been envisioned but are still far from being created. So can something that does not even exit, dream?
CryptAssist

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:16:00 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2018, 08:55:53 AM by CryptAssist
Merited by vapourminer (1), paxmao (1)

My honest thought is swarming drones may be just one of the frightening ways the few will control the many. It amazes me that people are so excited about advancing human control technology. Why would anyone want the their offspring to be terrorized into submission, or have their very thoughts not only read but manipulated (different tech, similar goal). Sounds like a sad world to be born into. Children of the future will wonder, who designed these machines and why would they do it? I realize I'm off on a tangent. I'm sure there are better uses for swarming technology.

"Once robots become more common in our societies, the imminent legislation will be put in place (think about the ongoing legislation regarding self-driving cars). Saving agent’s states in transparent way for perception, mapping, planning and object detection will be mandatory in order to have the complete audit of potential misbehaving and unexpected behavior of the agent."

One thing they are overlooking is private block chains can be created so that the ledger is hidden so they can conduct nefarious misdeeds without accountability and now, they can communicate with each-other so they can co-ordinate their acts and the victims wont even know what hit them. The reality is, AI is not the threat. It's who controls it. Look at what drones have already done to entire countries. Now imagine micro-sized swarm drones and the different ways they can kill. None of them are fun. Sorry to be DYSTOPIAN but these are my honest thoughts.
abdullahahmed

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 06:01:17 PM

I think that the use of robot in the future is a good thing and may be a means of rest  in the world despite the arrival at high prices but with time all people can buy it .also, It is normal if there are disadvantages of using it like anything new. This does not make us say that it is a bad thing
BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:30:53 PM

http://www.hopesandfears.com/hopes/future/technology/216403-artificial-intelligence-get-high-on-drugs

no clue about whether they dream about blockchain but you can imagine that they could dream about getting high....
visionE2

Activity: 616
Merit: 118

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:20:04 PM

this indicates that the development of blockchain technology is increasingly widespread, not only in AI but also in the robot which is a development of AI
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:04:00 PM

My honest thought is swarming drones may be just one of the frightening ways the few will control the many. It amazes me that people are so excited about advancing human control technology. Why would anyone want the their offspring to be terrorized into submission, or have their very thoughts not only read but manipulated (different tech, similar goal). Sounds like a sad world to be born into. Children of the future will wonder, who designed these machines and why would they do it? I realize I'm off on a tangent. I'm sure there are better uses for swarming technology.

"Once robots become more common in our societies, the imminent legislation will be put in place (think about the ongoing legislation regarding self-driving cars). Saving agent’s states in transparent way for perception, mapping, planning and object detection will be mandatory in order to have the complete audit of potential misbehaving and unexpected behavior of the agent."

One thing they are overlooking is private block chains can be created so that the ledger is hidden so they can conduct nefarious misdeeds without accountability and now, they can communicate with each-other so they can co-ordinate their acts and the victims wont even know what hit them. The reality is, AI is not the threat. It's who controls it. Look at what drones have already done to entire countries. Now imagine micro-sized swarm drones and the different ways they can kill. None of them are fun. Sorry to be DYSTOPIAN but these are my honest thoughts.

Your post has reminded me of a sort of cyberpunk anime that I've watched. To make it short people started depending on an AI to make judgements, to decide the punishment for crimes, to decide whether a person is violent and the probability of that person breaking the law. It allowed people to act with no conscience because if they had to kill someone it wouldn't be their choice, it would be the AI telling them what to do. You can guess what happened in the end.

If we think about the way that people see the world, on one hand we don't want to be slaves, but there's that subconscious need of not having to decide, if only someone else made the hard choices for us and made sure our life is comfy and free of worries.

If true AI is ever created, eventually people will push it to take over. We will keep giving it more and more freedom and power until it goes too far.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: