Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 08:19:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Nation  (Read 10449 times)
Bitcoin-hotep

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:18:53 PM

China is full of smog and just took their first trip to the moon I think they might try to colonize soon

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:46:51 PM

China is full of smog and just took their first trip to the moon I think they might try to colonize soon

Chinese technology is not as much advanced as the American and Russian ones. God knows whether their lunar mission will be successful or not.
Bitcoin-hotep

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:07:03 PM

Chinese technology is not as much advanced as the American and Russian ones. God knows whether their lunar mission will be successful or not.

It was already successful It's called like the Jade something if you want to look it up

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:17:07 PM

It was already successful It's called like the Jade something if you want to look it up

Yes. They have landed the unmanned vehicle on the lunar surface. But are they capable of successfully conducting a manned lunar mission?
Bitcoin-hotep

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:11:15 PM

Yes. They have landed the unmanned vehicle on the lunar surface. But are they capable of successfully conducting a manned lunar mission?

I don't think it's about ability I think it is about need Look at their smog And China has never really had a problem copying blueprints and reproducing them So I think they can do something we did in the 60s

battlescars

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 07:26:12 PM

Japan has the best technology by far in this whole wide world. This country is so technologically advanced..

Goin to space has nothing to do with technology it has already been done like 60 years ago, japan produces the most gadgets

they are so innovative and they also created the playstation

Bitcoin-hotep

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:50:57 PM

Japan has the best technology by far in this whole wide world. This country is so technologically advanced..

Goin to space has nothing to do with technology it has already been done like 60 years ago, japan produces the most gadgets

They created the Play Station?!?!??! Oh wow We must give credit to the people that took the computer and limited it's ability while enhancing its performance and not give credit to the person that invented the computer itself

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 11:04:42 PM

I wonder how much more difficult it would be to just stick astronauts in a round-trip capsule/module with life support and an airlock, but no onboard flight controls (everything controlled from earth, with radio transmissions from the crew if anything comes up).

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:29:51 AM

Hmm... Japanese technology is definitely one of the best. But that doesn't mean that the Japanese space technology is as good as the Russian and American ones. And another thing to remember is that Japan doesn't give much importance to its space programs and the public funding is minimal. 
Bitcoin-hotep

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:17:01 AM

I wonder how much more difficult it would be to just stick astronauts in a round-trip capsule/module with life support and an airlock, but no onboard flight controls (everything controlled from earth, with radio transmissions from the crew if anything comes up).

I'm pretty sure they said a monkey did this one So I am sure they can train humans

Have you heard of the American space monkeys? One of their names was Ham and they were monkeys that went to space and came back And they manned the controls themselves I am pretty sure that is what China did also Not positive but why wouldn't they?

battlescars

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:00:39 AM

heres something to discuss, if we could put a man on the moon 60 years ago why havent we done it again?

its obvious we can go to space again, instead we send little dinky robots to mars etc to take some photos and back.

Im assuming in the future more people will go to space or maybe im wrong?

Bitcoin is made for earth used only by earthlings!!!!!!!!!!

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 07:44:17 AM

http://www.seasteading.org

Everything has already been addressed.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Bitcoin-hotep

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:13:12 PM

heres something to discuss, if we could put a man on the moon 60 years ago why havent we done it again?

its obvious we can go to space again, instead we send little dinky robots to mars etc to take some photos and back.

Im assuming in the future more people will go to space or maybe im wrong?

Bitcoin is made for earth used only by earthlings!!!!!!!!!!

We've had more than one moon mission if I am not mistaken And at least 3 different nations have individually gone to the moon So we did it at least 3 times even if America only did it once

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:27:25 PM

There was a space-war between the US and the USSR going on during the 60s. Soviets managed to put someone in space first, and the Americans landed the first human in the lunar surface. US won the 2nd war. The point was proven and there was no need to do the same thing again and again.
battlescars

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:16:35 PM

Yes but your missing the whole point, it doesnt matter who goes to space first. it matters what we find in space.

It doesnt matter if russia was first, if usa was second i wouldnt even care if north korea was first,

The whole point is not to compete between nations but to work together jointly to find out whats in space.

We are a tiny little object compared to the whole space, space is CRAAAZY BIG.  there must be other life out there.

Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:32:48 PM

We are a tiny little object compared to the whole space, space is CRAAAZY BIG.  there must be other life out there.

I've thought about this a lot.  I don't think we're alone in the universe.  But I don't believe in faster-than-light drives, so in practical terms we might as well be.  And I'd give about even odds on whether we're alone in this galaxy.

Space is crazy big.  It'll take so much time to get anywhere even a tenth of the way across this galaxy that the people who arrive won't even be the same species as the people who start out.  You wanna see the aliens we'll be dealing with in the future? Look in a mirror -- because in all their millions of species, they'll be our descendants.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 06:07:09 PM

I've thought about this a lot.  I don't think we're alone in the universe.  But I don't believe in faster-than-light drives, so in practical terms we might as well be.  And I'd give about even odds on whether we're alone in this galaxy.

Space is crazy big.  It'll take so much time to get anywhere even a tenth of the way across this galaxy that the people who arrive won't even be the same species as the people who start out.  You wanna see the aliens we'll be dealing with in the future? Look in a mirror -- because in all their millions of species, they'll be our descendants.

Actually, the space potentially available to us is constantly shrinking. It may sound as paradoxical at first glance, but it is not. The whole Universe is expanding and this expansion is not limited by the speed of light and may well exceed it (since it is expansion of space itself), whereas we still can't travel faster that light...

Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:34:57 PM

Oh shit not this again. Please, PLEASE take the sci-fi pretend-science junk somewhere else.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Hideyoshi

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:29:19 AM

Not true. Cosa Nostra grey market economy is second biggest economy in Italy. True, they avoid taxes, but much of what they sell is not strictly illegal (they do make counterfeit things), and they actually earn a lot of money to support themselves without parasiting on government.

Cosa Nostra gets more than 50% of their revenue from extortion. Most of the remaining comes from smuggling illegal immigrants, illegally dumping rubbish, and female trafficking.

I do not know where you got your source, and you may be right, but "extortion" costs 10% to 15% of profit, and provides services that are not just protection from theft, vandalism, and other crime. That is actually less than what many people in rest of world pay for police and military, and services like arbitration and business contract dispute.

However, such organizations have much negative stories and propaganda created about them by monopolies that wish to retain all force (governments), as well as media creating stories for entertainment, so maybe I should not talk about them.
Hideyoshi

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:32:03 AM

Just want to say that this is actually not true. Tokyo is very technologically advanced, and rest of world typically sees or thinks of Tokyo when they think of Japan, but Tokyo does not represent Japan. Much of Japan is actually less technological than America and Europe, and people live plain and simple lives. Most houses have no air conditioning or heating, with walls only a few centimeters thick, that have cold air blowing through cracks, and need insulation tape around windows. People use small electric heaters to heat rooms, but otherwise have to wear warm clothing indoors. Waking up in morning to go to bathroom in winter is unpleasant experience, which is why those famous electronic toilets with heated seats are so popular. Many people still do not own computers or smart phones, and just use regular phones to send e-mails. In many areas of what you call country, there may be one or five computers in a school library, and that is only computers that kids have access to in whole town. So Japan being a country of giant robots, and 3D rendered anime girls, and crazy electronic toys, is mostly illusion for rest of world. Yes, it exists, but is as remote to many Japanese as it is to many Americans and Europeans.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: