Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:52:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is a Madmax outcome coming before 2020? Thus do we need anonymity?
yes - 74 (46.5%)
no - 85 (53.5%)
Total Voters: 159

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is a Madmax outcome coming before 2020? Thus do we need anonymity?  (Read 102759 times)
iamback

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 01:13:23 AM

The Euro In Free-Fall

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2015/01/07/politically-correct-analysis-the-lack-of-freedom-to-analyze/

Not being allowed to say Greece will be forced to leave the Euroland, which is basic economic analysis is outrageous. The big firms will not allow their analysts to even utter such words for fear they will piss-off Brussels. That will of course not prevent Greece from leaving or the Euro from collapsing.

The Euro is Dead. Normally you would say long-live the dollar. But that too will have its day soon. For now, the dollar will rise and create such vertigo, we need this move to create the economic chaos the other side of 2015.75.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2015/01/07/the-euro-in-free-fall/

The Euro elected the Yearly Bearish Reversal at the 12150 area and it has penetrated the 2010 low so far of 11880 intraday reaching so far 11801. The key support lies at a set of DOUBLE WEEKLY BEARISH REVERSALS found at 11778. If we elect that this year, the Euro will fall most likely BELOW par to the 103 area. We do have Weekly Bearish Reversals at 11850 and 11640. A weekly closing below 11640 will be devastating.

This is all part of the game at foot. I have warned the dollar had to rise and this will TURN DOWN the US economy later this year. Welcome the return of volatility. The banks may be able to trade proprietary again as they technically establish internal hedge funds for their own money, yet the real problem is emerging the lack of liquidity. You can raise heaps of cash these days. But the markets are returning to their infancy – lack of participants leading to more and more illiquidity, which translates into higher volatility. Now only a weekly closing back above the 12510 area will suspend the free fall temporarily.

Password scrambled, ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. Formerly AnonyMint, TheFascistMind, contagion, UnunoctaniumTesticles.
VectorChief

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:08:45 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2015, 09:18:52 PM by VectorChief

I liked the "5 year olds throwing sand at each other" metaphor, it kept me smiling the whole day! Smiley

The Singularity might be coming sooner than any MadMax scenario, what happens to Knowledge Age then?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHVtUw5wToA

It's a serious question though. We need to reintroduce Joy as a form of capital into our lives.
VectorChief

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 06:17:04 PM

Always you will need competition amongst leaders, because only leaders can filter the noise and present people with coherent choices that are manageable. Who will decide which proposals go out to all voters? You see you are always back to the same generative essence dilemma. My IQ is very good at dissecting the root essence of something. I visualize instantly that which takes other people many discussions and examples back and forth to finally realize.
Not really, i mean you only need limited leaders, sort of very local community upholders, because either way some alpha males will dominate somewhere , but if you constrain their power to a very local community level, you will stop them from going powerhungry and conquer the world as they do now.

Sort of like the proverb: if you give a bone to the dog, it wont bite you. Because it will be too busy with playing with the bone. So if you give some sort of a permanent occupation to every alpha male, they will forget about their urge to rule over people and thus submissive people would become more free.

I don't mean to completely derail the discussion, but in the Knowledge Age every alpha male will be able to make a TV show, thus converting their anger and masculinity straight into capital, like in "The Men's Room with Bas and Jeremy": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BVxq0FNzLQ

Warning! Viewer discretion is advised!
The conversation in the video above often crosses the boundaries of normal social behavior. If you're too sensitive please disregard.
iamback

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 07:25:09 PM

It is a brutal sport and Bas is particularly brutal and impressive. I don't think I would like to fight this way for a sport, only in a survival mode in real life. For sport, I prefer boxing with gloves or American football with a helmet.

Alpha male in a physical sense, but that is fairly low on the totem pole of economics.

Password scrambled, ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. Formerly AnonyMint, TheFascistMind, contagion, UnunoctaniumTesticles.
VectorChief

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 08:10:01 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2015, 08:51:18 PM by VectorChief

It is a brutal sport and Bas is particularly brutal and impressive. I don't think I would like to fight this way for a sport, only in a survival mode in real life. For sport, I prefer boxing with gloves or American football with a helmet.

Alpha male in a physical sense, but that is fairly low on the totem pole of economics.

Yeah, I agree.

And I prefer to play some video games instead, which I often do, so I'm somewhat closer to Jeremy in this regard Cheesy (though not quite), but the Knowledge Age allows nerds to throw some heavy punches on the internets too, in fact they have an edge there.

By the way, I liked your short biographic essay, you are a quantum thinker, who operates in concepts rather than linear sequences. The fact that you were interested in UFOs from early childhood is likely not coincidental.
iamback

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 12:51:51 AM

http://www.mauldineconomics.com/frontlinethoughts/a-scary-story-for-emerging-markets

As Raoul Pal points out in his latest issue of The Global Macro Investor, “The [US] dollar has now broken out of the massive inverse head-and-shoulders low created over the last ten years, and is about to test the trendline of the world’s biggest wedge pattern.”

One “Flight to Safety” Away from an Earth-Shaking Rally?
(US Dollar Index, 1967 – 2014)

Emerging-Market Financial Assets Have Nearly DOUBLED Since 2008
(Composition of financial assets, emerging markets, US$ billion)

iamback

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:52:41 AM

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2015/01/11/minnesota-hunting-bullion-government-is-raging-against-the-dying-of-the-light/

Minnesota Hunting Bullion – Government is Raging Against the Dying of the Light

Minnesota passed a law that is totally insane. They require anyone buying or selling bullion to register, keep records, and pay taxes besides handing over info.

Normal antique coins, even Roman, can no longer be shipped to Minnesota. Dealers will not ship any coins, even collector coins, to Minnesota. Why? Because the politicians have defined “bullion” as ANY COIN containing more than just 1% of gold, silver, or platinum. Bullion is defined in Minnesota Statutes §80G.01, subd. 2 and means any coin containing more than one percent by weight of silver, gold platinum, or other.precious metal.

We face SERIOUS DEFLATION which is the kind that destroys society. They will not go quietly or gentle into the dying light printing money in a happy-go-lucky manner. Government will rage against the dying of the light and destroy civilization if we do not wake the hell up. Instead of telling people not to read me because you are trying to influence them to make your gold rise, you better start grasping what is really going on here before there is nothing left to fight for.

I warned everyone in 2010:

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article20327.html

End Game, Gold Investors Will be Destroyed
2010 Jun 15, 2010 - 02:33 PM GMT

By: Shelby_H_Moore

Trail of tears and broken dreams (delusions) lies ahead...

Gold will go very high in fiat value, that is not the problem.

Gold investors (myself included) are trapped at the end game, and they do not even realize it yet. No physical confiscation is needed to wipeout the gold hoarders. It is much simpler than that. At the end game, the gold investors will throw their gold into the streets willingly (or bury in ground forever). The physical gold will be useless. You don't think so? I will prove it.

The blackmarket (barter) market will die in the end game. I will prove it. And gold sales are and will be increasingly taxed.

miscreanity
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 04:53:37 AM

Upon the 'Knowledge Age' arriving, what is an expected size of maximally-cohesive social groups and what are the relative ranges of expertise for each of them? Where does physical transportation fit, and to what extent?
iamback

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 09:12:39 AM

My warnings about Bitcoin coming true:

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2015/01/14/the-bitcoin-crash/

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 11:27:15 AM

Shoot enough arrows and you're going to hit something eventually!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 06:46:24 PM

Talking about the obvious...

iamback

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 10:25:16 AM

Everything is declining or even collapsing, except the dollar. Include the Euro, copper, oil, emerging markets.

Rishblitz

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:05:50 PM

its all coming to a head so its going to happen probably by 2050.

iamback

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:29:22 AM

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2015/01/19/the-one-world-currency-cryptocurrencies/

A one world currency seems to be the only POLITICAL solution. No single country’s currency can really be the reserve for what happens is clear right now...

...The entire problem with cryptocurrencies is the fact that government has always profited from creating money...

...I find it hard to believe that government will allow private currency in any fashion. They lose taxes and profit. Seigniorage has always been the privilege of the lord since 600BC. I remain skeptical about government accepting private currencies based solely upon history. Governments will turn against them most likely after 2015.75 when they become really desperate for cash.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2015/01/20/one-world-reserve-currency/

An agreed upon one-world RESERVE currency would perhaps be a basket. I too am concerned who would be in control. I can say that the IMF is posturing already for that position. There will be the installation of corruption if the the IMF takes control. This is not my personal CHOICE. This is not about my OPINION, it is simply what is unfolding. I am certainly no fan of the IMF.

Nevertheless, the Free Markets would still prevail for each country’s currency would then float against the reserve. This would be the political solution for the major countries could then agree. The problem when one nation’s currency becomes the default world reserve currency (Babylon, Athens, Rome, Britain, Spain, France, USA, etc..), their domestic policy objectives become forced upon the world.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2015/01/20/coins-v-bullion/

The nasty insane laws passed in Minnesota that anything containing 1% of precious metals must be tracked for the state is not looking very good for any exception. The more states that follow this lead warns more of a deep underground economy in the future. There would be nothing left standing when politicians strip the meat from every dead carcass.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2015/01/20/the-fair-tax-bill-is-introduced-into-congress/

Back in the 90s, I donated my time to try to help the country avoid what our computer was warning we are moving into right now. I testified before Congress on Tax Reform. I even debated between Steve Forbes and the Flat Tax and the Democrats tax’em till the die policy and then grab what’s left. I tried to save Social Security transforming it into a wealth fund that would actually invest in equities when the Dow was 3500. I could not defeat my own forecasts.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2015/01/20/all-empires-die-by-deflation-not-inflation/

This is how empires die. Taxes in Rome kept rising. Its population peaked about 180AD and as corruption began to rise, people began to leave. The higher the taxes, the more people left town. Eventually, people could not afford the taxes and were forced to just abandon their homes. This is the death-spiral of empires. They consume all wealth until none is left.

I warned everyone in 2010:

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article20327.html

End Game, Gold Investors Will be Destroyed
2010 Jun 15, 2010 - 02:33 PM GMT

By: Shelby_H_Moore

Trail of tears and broken dreams (delusions) lies ahead...

Gold will go very high in fiat value, that is not the problem.

Gold investors (myself included) are trapped at the end game, and they do not even realize it yet. No physical confiscation is needed to wipeout the gold hoarders. It is much simpler than that. At the end game, the gold investors will throw their gold into the streets willingly (or bury in ground forever). The physical gold will be useless. You don't think so? I will prove it.

The blackmarket (barter) market will die in the end game. I will prove it. And gold sales are and will be increasingly taxed.

grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:34:25 AM

Sometimes you need anonymity and sometimes you don't.  Take one step into a city and your cover is blown.  If you want to browse the web and be anon then use Tor.  If you want to be totally anon just sit in a hole in the ground somewhere.  Anon don't matter to me.  Obfuscate and move on.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
iamback

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 05:48:35 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2015, 06:32:46 PM by iamback

Armstrong finally specifies 2017 as the start of (regional?) war:

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2015/02/09/ukraine-should-have-been-divided/

We are more likely than not going into the eye of the storm of war by 2017.

Armstrong reveals how corrupt everything is:

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2015/02/08/the-hsbc-scandal-how-nyc-protects-the-bankers/

iamback

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:34:10 PM

If dollar and USA stocks are rising after 2015.75, then perhaps it means the collapse won't be visceral in the USA until later?

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2015/02/03/great-depression-the-correlation/

As long as the stock market does not make a spike high into September, then we should see the rally unfold AFTER 2015.75 As the market rallies, the Fed will break ranks and raise rates becoming more concerned about a domestic bubble. Of course raising rates will only draw in more foreign capital and the rise in the dollar will set in motion more sovereign debt defaults in emerging markets who borrowed in dollars. They will find themselves in the same position as Greece, Unable to repay loans that have appreciated.

The wave formations and lot more are explained in the new version of the Greatest Bull Market in History. We hope this will be out by the end of the summer.

bronan

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:39:29 PM

LoL if i own gold i my country i pay tax when i buy it and tax over the tax and if i dare to sell gold i pay tax to sell it, if you got more than a certain amount to sell you pay 70% income tax as well
iamback

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:51:21 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 10:04:13 PM by iamback

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2015/01/31/gold-the-desirable-object-can-it-survive-as-the-alternative-to-electronic-money/

Gold – the Desirable Object – Can it Survive as the Alternative to Electronic Money?

Our greatest problem is government’s hunt for money. Now 29% of American households are starting to hoard dollars. As this increases, government can eventually close the door by simply cancelling the currency. The USA has never done that yet other than the transition from the Continental dollar to the US dollar. But every other currency has undergone just cancellation. The advantage of precious metals historically has been they are universally acceptable around the world so that is where they stand a chance if we can transport wealth anymore. The problem metals face is stringent tracking of who buys and sells what. Storing in a bank is now quietly considered to be money laundering (read fine print when renting safe deposit box). Of course, then there is the problem of transportation. You can’t hop on a plane any more or load it in the trunk of your car and drive across country. You will run the risk highway-robbery by the police under ruthless civil asset forfeiture laws.

The question becomes, what kind of a future do we face? Can precious metals serve as a medium of exchange without hiding in the shadows of dark alleyways? This is the hunt for money that the government is engaging in these days. They simply declare they own x-% of your wealth and if you do not voluntarily hand it over you are a CRIMINAL who they they can justify killing on the spot. Indeed, every person already commits 3 felonies a day and do not know it.

Just like Civil Asset Forfeiture, they pretend you have done something to justify them somehow profiting from their own ruling. Is it any wonder the US Federal courts have a conviction rate over 98%when even Adolf Hitler’s rate was 90%?  It is always about money and only a FOOL thinks there is any kind of justice. From the government’s perspective, it is always JUST-US not “justice” and the mainstream press allow this to happen by their failure to ever expose the truth.

We face a whole new world. Historically government could not hunt down money with such efficiency. The question becomes in all honesty, just how far down the rabbit hole are we going? Can society stop this insanity before it is too late? In these respect, I must admit, there is no such period in history that holds the answer I can recall. You could have packed up your gold and just left town. That is not possible today. Will shares and diamonds become the international means of capital preservation that can be moved? This is something we will have to experience perhaps for the first time in history. If we go all the way, the only thing that has value is food. Scary thought. I sure hope 2016 shakes up the political world. We really need a “change” for real. This is the PUBLIC v PRIVATE eternal battle. It is always driven by the eternal sea of politics. Can we ever break this repetitive cycle and take that one small step for human kind?

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2015/01/31/vancouver-conference/

So $5,000 gold is not $5,000 as we know it today. Everything is relative. Gold cannot rise just yet until the dollar finishes rising blowing the world up. As a Canadian, I made a lot on my US investments as the loonie collapsed but to an American, he just lost the last few years worth of profits in Canada because of the US dollar rise.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2015/02/01/germans-are-spying-on-everyone-in-europe-and-gives-to-nsa/

Germans Are Spying on Everyone in Europe and Gives it all to NSA

Germany’s spy or intelligence agency, the BND, has been revealed to be gathering some 220 million pieces of metadata from foreign phone calls and text messages per day. They are handing all this info over to top US spy agencies the NSA and the CIA. The problem is, all this data is being cataloged per person so guess what – they are really looking for money.

bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 08:39:42 AM

Those UK posters are depressing- even though I knew it was coming. It's not enough that more than half of your income is taxed via income tax, Nat Insurance, capital gains, VAT, petrol tax and overpriced public transport. Shows how bankrupt the UK is.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: