Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:50:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is a Madmax outcome coming before 2020? Thus do we need anonymity?
yes - 74 (46.5%)
no - 85 (53.5%)
Total Voters: 159

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is a Madmax outcome coming before 2020? Thus do we need anonymity?  (Read 102759 times)
AnonyMint (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:24:57 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 08:01:40 PM by AnonyMint

Posting iconoclastic information by definition means I won't be taken seriously by the mainstream sheep such as yourself. I estimate you will be referring to the dictionary for one of those preceding words.

Haven't you noticed I don't give a flying fuck about authority.

I do speak english rather fluently, and understood you just fine. Pretty funny you think I'm "mainstream." Must mean I have "arrived" or something  Grin Also, says something about YOUR level of comprehension if you think I'm for authority.

I am very anti-authority, and describe myself as Anarcho-Capitalist. In fact, I'm apparently much more anti-authority than you are (maybe that's why we clash, me being anti-authority, and you being authoritarian?). I do not dispute your points about the possible fall of society, or the why and by which means it may happen. I am actually in agreement with pretty much all of it (except for the crazy coincidental cycle theories). My only difference in opinion is that I believe your claim is one of many possible outcomes, not the only one. My main contention with you is that you come on here claiming some divine wisdom, pretending as if you are the only person who realizes these things you are talking about, and that everyone else should listen to how smart you are, and study up on your "very important" sources and other clutter of links and crosslinks, when I, and likely many many others on here, have come to those same conclusions you are espousing all on our own ages ago. Yes, we know, you don't have to yell about it in dozzens of threads, 5 pages at a time! And you're not that special or original for bringing it up, since we've all been discussing this for a while, too.

As for Bitcoin, I don't actually own a lot of bitcoin (sold most of it to get my Prius), but I do understand it WAY better than you, as do many others on here. Simply because we actually spent an enormous amount of time discussing it for years, and have been involved in development in some way. So when you come on here out of nowhere like some noob, yelling "The sky is falling!" and proclaiming a bunch of problems in bitcoin that the rest of us have discussed adnauseum two years before you even showed up, and have already figured out and dismissed these problems as non-issues, please excuse us for not taking you seriously. Especially when you bring up an issue, we shoot it down, and you bring up another issue right after, over and over. It paints a rather specific agenda on your part (like you are SURE bitcoin is bad and broken, but you're just trying to figure out how). That "transaction withholding attack" of yours is likewise nothing new, and yes, we do understand it completely. No, it will not work, because bitcoin just doesn't work in the way that it would have to for that attack to actually be effective. As for mining fees, you don't need to understand simple math, to understand that even spending $1mil to attack a network and bring your investment down to $0 will still be throwing away $1mil. The value of attacking the network will always be $0 in the long run.

I also understand that bitcoin is not in its final form. It can, and will, be changed and updated. Blockchain algorithms and mining will be improved, transactions will be anonymized. And if you ever come out with whitepapers (I'm not holding my breath), I'm sure we'll be happy to implement them into bitcoin after rigorous testing (unless we spend yet another 50 pages, explaining to you that "That's not how bitcoin works, damnit!"

By the way, it's rather ironic you keep saying we are wasting your time. How long does it take to create a 5 page long post, with 40 links, and keep track of your old posts that you can crossreference, when all you are doing in the entire post is trying to state a single, simple point?

Your jealousy is so blatantly obvious. You stalk me every where I post.

Recently, I have been posting only in this thread. I started one other thread a few days ago. Yet you claim I am posting all over the place.

I anticipated eventually you would try to say that you agreed with me since the beginning trying to rewrite history and claim you know it all along and before I did. After Bitcoin's ass is kicked by a coin that can fund mining with perpetual debasement and 0 tx fees, then you will probably try some new spin on rewriting history. Hahaha. Yeah but you all dismissed that long ago because you all are so smart.  Roll Eyes

Any one with any significant experience in the high tech entrepreneurial space knows that nothing great was every designed by committee. Committee's destroy not produce. Every great open souce project has a Benevolent Dictator for Life. Basically once Satoshi left, Bitcoin has been in refinement mode only. Gavin is no Satoshi.

First they ignore you, then they attack your character, then they ban you, then they join you.

Sigh. Don't let that door hit you in the arse.

You are permanently banned from any of my future threads which will all be self-moderated.

There are so many threads on this forum. Surely you can find someone else to unload your drivel on.

yet correctly argues that Bitcoin has insurmountable (also) flaws

Bitcoin can't make the drastic changes that altcoins will implement due to conflicting vested interests. We explained to you why in the linked Problems With Altcoins thread in the above quote.

P.S. I am not releasing an altcoin nor whitepapers.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 08:54:00 PM

Your jealousy is so blatantly obvious.

Why would I be jealous of an anrgy nobody, with a high ignore rating, and no original ideas?

Quote from: AnonyMint
You stalk me every where I post.

I don't, actually. You just post links in most of your posts that force everyone to go to other threads and reply there. The fault is entirely yours.

Recently, I have been posting only in this thread. I started one other thread a few days ago. Yet you claim I am posting all over the place.

Recently you stopped posting completely, and yes, when you came back, you mainly posted in this thread, however,
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455141.msg5075137
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=355212.msg4701723
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310859.msg4379213
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=386202.msg4167214
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=379171.msg4067868
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=351712.msg4063995
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=316297.msg3823550

are just a few of the threads you either started, or heavily participated in, where you would post disparaging remarks, crosslink to your other posts in various other threads, and generally followed the trend of "Bitcoin is broken, my IQ is higher than yours, you're idiots because you don't understand me." And that's just going to December.

I anticipated eventually you would try to say that you agreed with me since the beginning trying to rewrite history and claim you know it all along and before I did.

First, I don't believe you to be that clever to "anticipate" that I would eventually agree with you. Second, with regards to economics and political collapse, I never said I didn't agree. The only things I ever disagreed with were the weird Pi based economic cycles, and your claims about bitcoin's problems. And I still do. That's why I said that I never thought your claims about "economic devastation" to be anything special, and your claims about bitcoin to be downright "special."

After Bitcoin's ass is kicked by a coin that can fund mining with perpetual debasement and 0 tx fees, then you will probably try some new spin on rewriting history. Hahaha. Yeah but you all dismissed that long ago because you all are so smart.  Roll Eyes

After bitcoin proves you wrong, and thwarts or adopts every good idea every other coin ever comes out with, then you will probably try some new spin on explaining why you deleted your old posts to hide your own history.

Any one with any significant experience in the high tech entrepreneurial space knows that nothing great was every designed by committee. Committee's destroy not produce. Every great open souce project has a Benevolent Dictator for Life.

So, who is the benevolent dictator of TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, BitTorrent, VOIP? Nice theory, but it doesn't really apply to protocols.

First they ignore you, then they attack your character, then they ban you, then they join you.

Actually, first I fully engaged with you, and then shortly thereafter I called you a crazy person. I thought perhaps I may have been a bit too hasty and insensitive, but then you went ahead and solidified my opinion when you started adamantly defending your "Transaction Withholding Attack" idea, in the face of a bunch of people smarter than you pointing out that you don't even understand how transactions get propagated on the bitcoin network, let alone what "off-chain" transactions are, or what effects blocking yourself from the rest of the network would have on mining difficulty. Every time someone pointed out to you that what you proposed was technically wrong, you stuck to your guns even harder, until you basically resorted to calling well respected and extremely well knowledgeable people idiots, and claiming how your IQ is higher, or that some other guy with a higher IQ than you is smarket. You basically melted in a pool of angry defensiveness.

And that basically characterizes your entire post history: You think so damn highly of yourself, that you can't imagine yourself ever being wrong about anything, and if someone points out a falacy in your claim, you call them an idiot who simply can't understand the high level of intelect that you are conversing at

Also, I didn't know you were banned? And I would never join you. Because you are still a crazy person.

P.S. I am not releasing an altcoin nor whitepapers.

Oh, so why did you say you were, and that you would "show everyone" when you came back with it, how wrong everyone is, and how a cryptocurrency should be done right?

P.S. And I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings or made you angry or whatever. I know you are a real person with feelings on that other side. But dude, take a step off your high horse. We're not all morons down here.
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:46:55 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 10:26:57 PM by AnonyMint

So, who is the benevolent dictator of TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, BitTorrent, VOIP? Nice theory, but it doesn't really apply to protocols.

Duh, the point in my prior post and the quoted one below was TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP have not continued to evolve in drastic ways. They are stuck by vested interests in their original feature set that was set by the original key designers. Just as Bitcoin is.

BitTorrent designs such as Azureus have had the same developer. I was interacting with him technically in 2008.

VoIP is not one protocol. Skype originally had a key development team, not a committee.

===============================
Note the argument of an absolute network effect advantage for Bitcoin is illogical. The network effect can lead to more mass for Bitcoin but it can't entirely shut out altcoins, not in the way that for example an internet standard shuts out alternatives due to the inertia of modifying millions of servers. For example, my coolpage.com was first in 1998 with a million users by 2001 (roughly 1% of the internet at the time), Friendster followed 2002 later peaking with 100+ million, Myspace 2006, and then Facebook 2008. Last year Bitcoin was only at an estimated 350,000 users. We have a long way to go to 7 billion.
================================

We're not all morons down here.

But you are.

Quite a bit of competition you got now with NXT and Ethereum.

NXT is proof-of-stake which means crap. I told you before that I studied the proof-of-work algorithm for Ethereum and it will not remain cpu-only.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 07:36:39 AM

You're on a power trip. It all fits together, but it is not surprising to me that you can't fathom it.
This guy nailed it.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 11:04:19 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2014, 11:26:30 PM by AnonyMint

AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:39:35 PM

Armstrong's model predicted 9/11 to the exact day among other amazing predictions.

So you can understand why he thinks any elite is not in control.

But my point was never that the elite can avoid the natural timings of nature. They are symbiotic with nature, else they wouldn't exist.

AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:38:49 PM

As for Bitcoin, I don't actually own a lot of bitcoin (sold most of it to get my Prius)

And this poor dolt is supposed to be telling me about economics, when I've earned more in a month from software businesses I launched than apparently he has earned in his entire lifetime.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=316297.msg3405386#msg3405386

Interesting deductions. I'll add more info, in case it helps you with the rest of your guesswork:

The logic is as follows:

Evidence

1. Your forum account is created in June-2011.

2. You have been forum active ever since and are Director in bitcoin-something.

3. You told you sold more than BTC1000 at $22 (Feb. 8, 2013)

Deduction

1. It is very rare to have a Jun-2011 account. This points to a person who has (with good probability) been able to mine/buy large amounts with
small cash outlay. (Hardly anyone creates an account without having the coins already.)

There are quite a few people with accounts that old who were big fans of bitcoin from a political/sociological standpoint, but who didn't actually have the money to buy any coins or mining equipment (the prodigal teenage bitcoiner basement dwellers). Personally, my mining operation consisted of two 300MHash/s GPUs, which I bought soon after joining the forum. Throughout their entire life (I stopped mining when reward halved to 25BTC), I think they mined me something like 100BTC. Probably less, since they weren't always working. Other than that, I have admitted to using Bitcoin as a long-term savings account for things I don't need to pay for right away, but have used those coins to pay for a few trips and vacations (including to Europe), and a few phones and tablets. I didn't actually have all that much cash to invest into bitcoin to begin with, either ($100 at $10/BTC exchange rate only nets you BTC10, and I couldn't put in more than a few hundred every month)

2. Being able to sell a significant amount at $22 points to me a long-term holding:

That entire amount actually came from a large purchase at about $10-$13 that was done using a large loan just a few month prior to the sale (borrowed over time during September and October, sold in January). So it wasn't from long-term holding at all. Actually, the story is that I wanted to buy a BFL ASIC rig, and needed $30,000 for it. I had a bit of my own money, but needed to borrow a significant amount to be able to afford that thing. However, due to $5,000 Dwolla balance limitations and 3 to 7 day bank transfer times, I was limited to converting USD to BTC at $5,000 a week, meaning it took me from late August to late October just to transfer enough money into BTC. By the time I had enough in BTC to afford to purchase that rig, BFL claimed that they will start shipping in 2 weeks or so. So I decided to hold off on preordering, and buy a rig when they are sold outright (this was around the end of October). Once January came around, and the price started to go way up (and BFL still wasn't shipping), I decided to sell off the borrowed bitcoin at $22, pay off the loan, and use the remaining profits to buy a new car instead (the Prius with the BITCOIN license place, to replace my old '99 civic had 250,000+ miles on it). Actually, I even had to go a bit out of pocket, since the profit didn't cover the entire cost of the car.
As for the director position, I'm the director of the Bitcoin100 charity fundraiser. All that means, really, is that I'm entrusted with the money, and am volunteering my time to doing accounting, somewhat-directing what charities we try to give that money to, and send the money. The actual Bitcoin100 account only has BTC149 in it, none of which are actually mine.

3. It is a lower bound that you would have BTC1,000 today. If you play wisely, you only sell a little at a time, and can earn BTC every year, so that your current holdings should be at least BTC3,000.

I'd like to think I have played wisely, since I didn't do any bitcoin loans, ponzies, gambling, or stocks (which ultimately couldn't get a bigger return than bitcoin itself). But I was forced to sell a lot at times, just because that's the only money I had to use to pay for travel and other large expenses. I *WISH* I had $3,000  Cry

The upper bound is that you resort to borderline lying, where you downplay the amount sold, and forget to tell that you bought back, and sold after very tight analysis only 10% of your holdings, then you might have BTC10,000 or more.
I assume that anyone whose forum account is from 2011 or earlier, has BTC1,000-BTC10,000 unless proven otherwise.

Obviously we all buy back, but I only buy back with the money I have. If I have spent it, I no longer have it, and am right back to only buying with what I have earned while working at my job. Consider that some of us are only able to put, say, $200 into BTC every month, and have one or twice a year expenses of $500 to $1,500. I just ran this hypothetical using MtGox prices, and even if the person buys $200 a month worth since June 2011, and never spent any of those coins, they would only have about BTC650BTC at this point. If they had to spend, say, $1,000 twice a year, once in Spring and one in Autumn, they would only have at most about BTC200BTC. That's nowhere near BTC1,000, and definitely not BTC10,000. I think you need to really reduce your estimations for old members, since many of us aren't wealthy enough to dump thousands into bitcoin.

4. Yes I know that bitcoin is not life and life can go wrong and you lose most of your bitcoins to bad bets as you don't realize how precious they are. But even in this case, considering your position, I think here we have a 4-figure Countess.

I won't dispute, or confirm that (other than the Countess part  Grin ) but hopefully my example shows that this isn't such a cut-and-dry conclusion.

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 10:27:56 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 10:58:04 PM by Rassah

And this poor dolt is supposed to be telling me about economics, when I've earned more in a month from software businesses I launched than apparently he has earned in his entire lifetime.

Yes, that is exactly what I want you and everyone else who gets too curious about my net worth and finances to think.

You, on the other hand, feel free to keep bragging about how much you;ve made and how wealthy you are. Right up to the point where some people decide to come take some of it Smiley
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:48:23 PM

This world is on the verge. Current fake economic system would not last long I tell you, maybe not in our lifetime but in the close future I expect not only Madmax outcome but full scale Fallout outcome. It won't end good.
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:13:15 AM

All FX exchange markets topped relative to the dollar in 2008 when the debt bubble bust. Since then some tried to pull back to their highs due to $trillions injected by central banks and China's massive stimulus, but now as of 2013 all have topped and dollar getting stronger. The Euro's pattern is deceiving as it appears to be getting stronger but you see it is very weak improvement and the it really topped out in 2008 relative to the dollar.

This is exactly as predicted in this thread and by Martin Armstrong. Expect a massive dollar rally into 2015.75 and then all hell will break loose. The Euro will probably resume collapse once the IMF's suggested 10% confiscation for all EU accounts takes place. I read the implementing law is planned for this year.

http://fxtop.com/en/historical-exchange-rates-graph-zoom.php?C1=USD&C2=EUR&A=1&DD1=01&MM1=01&YYYY1=2000&DD2=24&MM2=02&YYYY2=2014&LARGE=1&LANG=en&CJ=0

http://fxtop.com/en/historical-exchange-rates-graph-zoom.php?C1=USD&C2=JPY&A=1&DD1=01&MM1=01&YYYY1=2000&DD2=24&MM2=02&YYYY2=2014&LARGE=1&LANG=en&CJ=0

http://fxtop.com/en/historical-exchange-rates-graph-zoom.php?C1=USD&C2=INR&A=1&DD1=01&MM1=01&YYYY1=2000&DD2=24&MM2=02&YYYY2=2014&LARGE=1&LANG=en&CJ=0

http://fxtop.com/en/historical-exchange-rates-graph-zoom.php?C1=USD&C2=PHP&A=1&DD1=01&MM1=01&YYYY1=2000&DD2=24&MM2=02&YYYY2=2014&LARGE=1&LANG=en&CJ=0

CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:21:58 PM

I should take some time to read and understand Armstrong's predictive model.

Are the links you gave here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=355212.msg3831400#msg3831400

Sufficient information understand it?

practicaldreamer

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:16:49 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2014, 11:29:40 PM by practicaldreamer

A link to open source software would be nice but given Armstrong's alleged history, that's unlikely to happen.

Alleged ? Come come Blah Blah - the man was convicted in a court of law Wink.

Fermi-Pasta-Ulam problem. Wink
However, I'm not convinced that a piecewise vibrating string is a good proof of concept.

My maths isn't so good - could I correctly infer from the Fermi-Pasta-Ulam paradox that M.Armstrong is, albeit eloquently and with a sufficient facade of authority, talking out of his arse ?

Or at least, can we be confident that this is the case within, say, one standard deviation - if we were to ascribe "talking out of his arse" as the mean, so to speak ?

I guess we'll never know one way or the other, what with his models being proprietry, will we ?

How about no win no fee ?
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:09:26 AM

A link to open source software would be nice but given Armstrong's alleged history, that's unlikely to happen.

Alleged ? Come come Blah Blah - the man was convicted in a court of law Wink.

You are too lazy to learn what really happened. Such as being held in jail for 7 years on a contempt charge by the Kangeroo courts because he had information that the banksters wanted and he would not give it to them, so they fabricated bogus charges and refused to allow him to present evidence at the trial. He eventually did a plea deal, so he could get out of prison, but this was no admission of guilt. Armstrong has covered this in great detail in his writings on his blog.

I should take some time to read and understand Armstrong's predictive model.

Are the links you gave here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=355212.msg3831400#msg3831400

Sufficient information understand it?

Good find.

Nonetheless, if one is an OOP developer (or is good at directing their work), it might not take such a huge epiphany to come up with a learning model. It might perhaps get market performance data and use those to provide fitness constraints.

Your A.I. model wouldn't have sufficient training data.

Armstrong spent and collected $10s of millions of data from archaeology, sending researchers to newspaper archives all over the world, etc..

At least $100 million would be required to recreate his model, and also there are things he discovered along the way such as the 4th dimensional wave structure...

He has written about all of this on his blog over the past year.

AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:32:26 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=316297.msg5379359#msg5379359

Several more thoughts. If the TPTB have accumulated millions of coins (probably are Satoshi as well and thus own his 1 million coins), they control a poison pill. Just in case they can't destroy the anonymity and make it the ledger from hell, they control several means to kill it (law, majority of the float, etc).

The very wealthy are always controlled by the government, for they can't do anything without being tracked, due to their large size. The Winklevoss twin's stash is also effectively under the control of the government. For example, Warren Buffet has to toe the line because for one reason his insurance businesses need licenses from the governments.

What is excruciating ironic is that Bitcoin may actually grow stronger from more centralization of mining, exchanges, and coin ownership. Excruciating because there is no way to resolve the $150 trillion debt bubble that doesn't result in confiscating all traceable wealth (and I think that will include yours rpietila and especially your very traceable castle, sorry to say). And these charts show the model for this outcome is already underway. Trusting the government and the rule of collective law (a.k.a. socialism) is going to result in horrific failure. And this is not a decade from now. The financial and physical violence is breaking out now in Thailand, Ukraine, Libya, Egypt, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Bulgaria, Spain, Greece, Turkey, Brazil, Venezuela, etc.. By 2016ish, this will come to the core countries, such as the USA, France, etc..

This is a time where leaders such as Patrick Henry need to be bold. Rpietila as an astute, full-time trader lead me to Bitcoin. I am not focused on trading, rather am the thinker, the highly detailed technologist, the programmer, the conceptual iconoclast genius. He did his part to lead me here. Now will he know when to follow?

I explained why anarchy can never be as horrible as the end game outcomes of socialism.

Hey what happened to all the ignores on my name. Remember it was glowing in color a couple of months ago.  Tongue

phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 11:09:29 AM

You go into a lot of detail, but most of it strikes me as slightly wrong.

Not everything is part of some global conspiracy to control the masses. As you point out: delaying problems inevitably leads to collapse. Any secret cabal in power must realize this.

Global warning is real, and appears to be happening in my life-time. We are seeing more and more snow-free days. When I was a kid, snow-free Decembers were rare in Edmonton. In the last 15 years, we have come close to something like 5 "brown Christmases".

Ironically, I believe the conspiracy that electric cars are being held back by battery patents on NiMH batteries. As a result, they remain expensive and in limited supply. This conflicts with the theory that smart meters are control measures. (Electric cars can make very interesting use of smart-meters).

You also seem to be under the delusion that "Intellectual Property" rights should trump physical property rights. This leads to devices designed to betray the users. The rabbit hole goes so deep that the thought of setting up a VPN service users may rely on for their safety sickens me. Because modern computers are inherently insecure, sometimes actively made that way: there is no easy way to prove your infrastructure is not back-doored.

The think is, we need to risk setting up privacy-enhancing infrastructure. We need to start auditing our routers, NICs, keyboard and storage firmware. We need to start proving software (especially embedded software) is written correctly.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
chowderman

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:56:28 PM

Mad Max outcome will happen next year; http://www.fandango.com/GlobalSearch.aspx?q=mad+max
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:31:41 PM

You go into a lot of detail, but most of it strikes me as slightly wrong.

Not everything is part of some global conspiracy to control the masses. As you point out: delaying problems inevitably leads to collapse. Any secret cabal in power must realize this.

1. I have never argued there needs to exist a cabal in order for the Mad Max outcome to occur. The logic for the coming collapse is purely mathematical and the repeating historical pattern that socialism never aborts until a collapse forces it too (and understanding why it can't abort).

2. If the Bilderberg group is real (and I've seen Alex Jones' videos of the super rich entering the annual conference), then collapse is the best possible outcome for them. As it allows them via their control over government to increase their power. As they have been quoted as saying, "never waste a good crisis to get some favorable legislation or other results" to further increase their iron-grip on all things.

Global warning is real, and appears to be happening in my life-time. We are seeing more and more snow-free days. When I was a kid, snow-free Decembers were rare in Edmonton. In the last 15 years, we have come close to something like 5 "brown Christmases".

More cold and ice means less snowfall. You are obviously not a scientist.

Ironically, I believe the conspiracy that electric cars are being held back by battery patents on NiMH batteries. As a result, they remain expensive and in limited supply.

And where is your science to support that?

If you knew enough about energy density and chemistry, you would realize batteries can not compete with hydrocarbon fuels for transportation.

This conflicts with the theory that smart meters are control measures. (Electric cars can make very interesting use of smart-meters).

Huh? What kind of logic is that? Not.

Just because electric cars could help drive adoption of smart meters, doesn't logically constrain that if there was a conspiracy to stop electric cars that there must not be a conspiracy to promote adoption of smart meters for evil intent.

You also seem to be under the delusion that "Intellectual Property" rights should trump physical property rights.

I don't believe in IP. I believe if you can't protect it, it isn't yours. I don't believe in "rights". Your right is only what you can economically accomplish. Ultimately the reality eventually always ends up at what is economic.

This leads to devices designed to betray the users.

You have not articulated a connection. Were you thinking IP == closed source, and open source is more security vetted?

The rabbit hole goes so deep that the thought of setting up a VPN service users may rely on for their safety sickens me. Because modern computers are inherently insecure, sometimes actively made that way: there is no easy way to prove your infrastructure is not back-doored.

It doesn't sicken me. It is a reality that we must contend with. Apparently you aren't aware of Information Theoretic Security.

The thinkg is, we need to risk setting up privacy-enhancing infrastructure. We need to start auditing our routers, NICs, keyboard and storage firmware. We need to start proving software (especially embedded software) is written correctly.

Agreed.

SevenColors

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:33:19 PM

If we go into a Madmax world where the governments are bailing-in all the bank deposits, they are instituting negative interest rates to charge you money every month for having money, and the IMF's proposed net worth tax, etc...

Then all those who have wealth will want anonymity. And all those who don't have wealth and suck the tit of government, will not want anonymity.

Which one of those categories applies to you?

Do you think that Madmax outcome is not coming before 2020?

2020?!?! Try before the end of the year.
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 09:44:05 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2014, 02:23:53 PM by phillipsjk

I live in Edmonton. We get most of our moisture from the Pacific Ocean, which does not freeze over.

Ironically, I believe the conspiracy that electric cars are being held back by battery patents on NiMH batteries. As a result, they remain expensive and in limited supply.

If you knew enough about energy density and chemistry, you would realize batteries can not compete with hydrocarbon fuels for transportation.
ICE motors only get about 30% efficiency at best. They also have more moving parts and require more maintenance. Lithium-ion batteries may be lighter, but in practice you are only allowed to use about 60% of the capacity (30-90% charge). This negates the weight advantages over NiMH.

Patents don't require science to prove they exist: Patent encumbrance of large automotive NiMH batteries.

I ran into those limitations trying to build a lighting system for my bicycle. You don't see rechargeable D cells in stores: even though "real" NiMH cells have more capacity than the alkaline cells you can buy. The NiMH C and D cells you may see in stores are really AA cells: which is why advertise the same capacity as AA cell.

I got to play with some real 10Amp-hour cells imported from China by a friend. They cost about $3 each (packages of 16 totaling about $50). The "fake" D cells cost $5 each, and only have 2 amp-hour capacity. I asked about buying high-capacity cells locally: and was quoted $50 per cell. Patent fees discouraging automotive use is the only rational explanation.

Battery patents also appear to be why we do not have Electric SUVs pulling generator trailers on road-trips
Quote from: EVnut
A 500cc motorcycle engine is used, housed in a small, aerodynamic package. ~20kW DC output is sufficient for extended high-speed travel. The micro trailer incorporates intelligent "BackTracker" steering which automatically maintains trailer-to-vehicle alignment during backing to avoid jack-knifing. There is little question that this 350 pound trailer functioned as planned - sustaining freeways speeds for as long as the 9.5 gallon tank had gasoline. Amazingly, even with all the conversion losses added up, the gas mileage of this combo is comparable or BETTER than the pure gasoline version of the same vehicle.
(Bold is mine)

You have not articulated a connection. Were you thinking IP == closed source, and open source is more security vetted?

No, that since the 1996 WIPO "Copyright" and "Performances and Phonograms" Treaties, devices and software have been designed to betray the user in order to enforce Effective Technological Measures.

As an example, HDMI was invented to encrypt the video signal going from video players to displays. The standard sucks: it's only purpose is to require device manufacturers to agree to a patent license. The patent license in turn, requires gives a $1-2/port discount for the use of HDCP, which does the actual encryption. The real "single cable digital audio-visual" standard is DVI, which does not use HDCP. The cabling is actually cheaper and higher quality (and can send signals much longer distances).

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:22:18 AM

I live in Edmonton. We get most of our moisture from the Pacific Ocean, which does not freeze over.

My point was that you can't just assume the cause-and-effect you want emotionally. You would need to prove it. And the climate science is no where near even predicting temperature (they were so far off it is embarrassing), so don't even mention this more complex interactions. There are many possible scenarios that can create climate changes. The climate is always changing. This is normal. Been going on for millions of years btw. Wink

Everyone can have their emotional bias, but this isn't science.

ICE motors only get about 30% efficiency at best. They also have more moving parts and require more maintenance.

Thermal efficiency. But other holistic measures of efficiency ICE wins, which is why even here in the Philippines where I am where we can get electric motorcycles imported from China, they are not competitive with gasoline motorcycles.

And diesel is 30% more efficient than gasoline because the engine operates at a much higher temperature. Thermal efficiency is related to the ratio of the temperature of the internal combustion chamber to the ambient air outside.

Lithium-ion batteries may be lighter, but in practice you are only allowed to use about 60% of the capacity (30-90% charge). This negates the weight advantages over NiMH.

Indeed. And silver batteries even better theoretically, but they haven't been perfected apparently.

Patents don't require science to prove they exist: Patent encumbrance of large automotive NiMH batteries.

I ran into those limitations trying to build a lighting system for my bicycle. You don't see rechargeable D cells in stores: even though "real" NiMH cells have more capacity than the alkaline cells you can buy. The NiMH C and D cells you may see in stores are really AA cells: which is why advertise the same capacity as AA cell.

I got to play with some real 10Amp-hour cells imported from China by a friend. They cost about $3 each (packages of 16 totaling about $50). The "fake" D cells cost $5 each, and only have 2 amp-hour capacity. I asked about buying high-capacity cells locally: and was quoted $50 per cell. Patent fees discouraging automotive use is the only rational explanation.

Yet even without the patents (and I am against software patents), they are not competitive with ICE for most transportation applications.

Battery patents also appear to be why we do not have Electric SUVs pulling generator trailers on road-trips

You are using an internal combustion engine (ICE) in that design Wink

No, that since the 1996 WIPO "Copyright" and "Performances and Phonograms" Treaties, devices and software have been designed to betray the user in order to enforce Effective Technological Measures.

As an example, HDMI was invented to encrypt the video signal going from video players to displays. The standard sucks: it's only purpose is to require device manufacturers to agree to a patent license. The patent license in turn, requires the use of HDCP, which does the actual encryption. The real "single cable digital audio-visual" standard is DVI, which does not use HDCP. The cabling is actually cheaper and higher quality (and can send signals much longer distances).

I heard about that. I am also pissed off about patent abuse. I'm definitely against software patents, and probably against all patents entirely.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: