Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:01:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is a Madmax outcome coming before 2020? Thus do we need anonymity?
yes - 74 (46.5%)
no - 85 (53.5%)
Total Voters: 159

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is a Madmax outcome coming before 2020? Thus do we need anonymity?  (Read 102759 times)
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 09:36:52 AM

yup madmax definitely coming.. may 2015!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akX3Is3qBpw

Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
contagion

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 12:40:29 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2014, 11:58:53 PM by contagion

But if the western central banks continue to QE their sovereign debts and the direct or indirect recapitalization of the banks, why wouldn't the game go on indefinitely?

Imagine someone handed you a $trillion. How would you invest it such that you earn a return and your capital would be safely returned?

How efficiently does the money handed to large entities distribute into the economy? The metrics available are:

• velocity of money; that is how fast money is changing hands in the economy
  • marginal utility of debt; that is the ratio of increase in real GDP per increase in debt

http://kwout.com/cutout/b/qy/zx/5az_bor.jpghttp://kwout.com/cutout/x/5h/48/pmv_bor.jpg

The above illustrates unarguably that the only way for central banks to create inflation would be to distribute money directly into the hands of spenders. The government is distributing money to constituents in the form of social welfare, but this does not increase exponentially. For example the COLA adjustments for benefits are typically below the actual rate of inflation.

ZIRP caused interest rates to decline globally because bond investors sought the arbitrage of higher yields in the developing world. This caused a bubble in the developing markets, but there is now an excess of capital in the developing markets evident by recent corporate bond offerings are denominated in local currencies to mitigate betting short against the dollar. That is excess in terms of what their economic structures can currently absorb at a given rate.

Excessive debt via ZIRP monetization collapses the economy because it redistributes capital from savers (that includes the most productive) to capital misallocation as illustrated by the charts of the metrics above. Eventually the marginal utility goes negative, thus the more QE the faster the economy implodes. Either the government dissolves itself by distributing hyperinflation directly to the constituents, or to sustain itself the government is forced to raise taxes and confiscate wealth as its tax base withers due to the aforementioned destruction of the economy.

If Kondratieff wave analysis is correct then we are perhaps 14 years post due for a major downturn. In this scenario the FED has artificially delayed/postponed this downturn first via artificially low interest rates leading to the housing boom and more recently doubled down with QE leading to our current artificial stock market boom.

But if the western central banks continue to QE their sovereign debts and the direct or indirect recapitalization of the banks, why wouldn't the game go on indefinitely?
[snip]

More of the same coming soon. Up next is probably a raid on government insured FDIC bank deposits...

Yeah and realize the system is a cancer eating itself. Nobody is in control. The corruption will expropriate (tax, confiscate, etc) and squander all private wealth that can't be hidden or secured out-of-reach of the system.

This is highly deflationary. QE was a transfer of wealth from producers to the corrupt. It wasn't inflationary. Thus velocity and marginal utility have collapsed.

We will soon enter a radically accelerated phase with much more extreme volatility, because the disequilibrium has been building since 2008.

The stock market boom is due to capital having no other place to go. Emerging markets have topped. Sovereign bonds are paying negative rates and can't go much lower (the marginal utility has gone negative on QE and additional debt), thus capital appreciation for sovereign bond investment is a poor risk versus reward. Europe and Japan are in big trouble. Municipal bonds are a huge default risk, since they can't print money to buy their debt. The USA stock market and corporate bonds are the only options available.
contagion

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 02:00:56 AM

The governments are working together to try to end all avenues for anonymity on the internet, and even trying to close the door on bank secrecy Act and the use of unregistered SIM cards for mobile connections.

http://technology.inquirer.net/39890/bill-requiring-registration-of-prepaid-sim-cards-clears-house-body

However, as stated in that summary, the bill will be quite ineffective against criminals as anyone can get a fake photo id at CM Recto street in Manila, or other such copies of that service in other major cities in the Philippines. I suppose the bill will contain or be amended to contain requirements that the vendor of the prepaid SIM card snap a photo of the purchaser. It is going to take long time for them to get sufficient education and compliance of all the 1000s of vendors of SIM cards across the country. The only way they can accelerate this is to require that SIM cards only be sold by the actual cell network companies at their official branch offices. But the problem is those offices couldn't possibly handle the demand and the lines would be queued around the block. As well the constituents would complain about the inconvenience. Filipinos hate to exert extra effort. They habitually jay walk (even walking in the center of the highway towards oncoming traffic daring you to hit them) because they refuse to go the extra distance for the crosswalk.

Me thinks the powers-that-be are going to lose the battle against anonymity. Even if they ever did finally close all the avenues for unregistered connection to the internet, an improved Tor will come to market eventually.
contagion

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 03:22:25 AM

This ominous clouds are forming on the horizon.

Citigroup to Move Headquarters to U.S. Capitol Building

This is just jumping off the cliff. Not only did these people grease enough palms to repeal Dodd Frank, they are now leasing space right in the Capital Building and managed to increase the donation limitation from $32,400 to $324,000.

Looks like the clouds are starting to gather for 2015.75 in a very dramatic way. Maybe it is just time to leave. Oh ya. This is fulfilling the lyrics of the Eagle’s song Hotel California – where you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Global Initiative to Create an International Tax Reporting Regime

At G20 last year, all governments agreed to report everyone everywhere to their host countries for tax purposes. The hunt for taxes is destroying the world economy at a staggering rapid pace and this is far worse than even I had anticipated when we first forecast BIG BANG would hit 2015.75 back in 1985. Here is a email a non-US citizen received from his trust company in Malta.

“The reporting charges have arisen due to the implementation of new U.S legislation known as the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (“FATCA”) which has been introduced as part of a global initiative to create an International tax reporting regime. Together with the majority of the World’s major trading nations, the Maltese Government has entered into an agreement with the US Authorities to implement FATCA legislation in Malta. The legislation has required all Trust Companies in Malta to evaluate all structures operated on behalf of clients and categorise them according to detailed rules set out in the FATCA legislation. This categorisation process is not just limited to structures operated on behalf of US clients, or clients holding US assets but has to include all clients and structures irrespective of where clients and their structures are domiciled. We can advise you that <Name> has taken extensive legal and tax advice regarding the categorisation of clients and which information should be reported according to various trigger reporting events since our accounting and client management systems have to be tailored to supply relevant information on a per client and <Name> entity basis to the Malta Authorities who then report directly to the IRS.

Consistent with many other Trust Companies a decision has been taken to pass on some of the costs of this work to client structures for whom we act. Accordingly a December invoice will be issued for a one off fee of £250 that will be described in the invoice as a FATCA classification fee.“
pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 04:46:03 AM

You do realize the linked New Yorker article is meant to be humorous, don't you?
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 04:57:25 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2014, 06:21:21 AM by CoinCube

You do realize the linked New Yorker article is meant to be humorous, don't you?

Martin Armstong misreports this as fact here
http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/12/14/are-you-really-ready-for-the-world-to-be-ruled-by-bankers/
Armstrong was apparently misled by the the New Yorker article. Contagion likley made his error based on reading the erronous armstrong.

But Armstrong does not disclose his methods. It is easy to claim you have a superior computer model that tracks 32,000 variables. It is far harder to actually develop such a thing. Armstrong is also selling a product (investment advice) so there is a potential financial motive for convincing others he has something that does not necessarily exist.

Given his refusal to share his methodology the only way to judge his claims is via Bayesian inference ie recurrently updating the probability he is what he claims to be by the accuracy of his predictions. Confirmed independent records of prior predictions would be helpful here or lacking that a concise report of future predictions.

I agree of course; and thus I am operating to some degree on faith supported by the Bayesian intersection of several datums noted below. He has a blog post within this year where he said they will try to open source it before he dies.

How many snake oil salesmen are selling timeshares to institutions for $5 to $100 million annually.

I would place this little error by Mr. Armstrong's into the Bayesian pile of data urging caution in regards to Mr. Armstrong's claims.
I imagine that only the very best snake oil salesmen are up to the challenge of selling timeshares to institutions for $5 to $100 million annually.

Note: I am not saying the armstrong is not legit only that caution is warrented.

farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 02:09:18 PM

Humorous  but not so far from the truth according to Elizabeth Warren.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJpTxONxvoo

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 03:25:53 PM

Relationships in Washington are getting cozy.

contagion

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 12:03:09 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2014, 02:11:32 AM by contagion

Obviously that was an error, and I have observed that Armstrong has made other errors in the past of misconstruing facts such as the shrapnel he claimed was possibly machine gun fire in the downed airplane over Ukraine. That leasing claim at the Capitol seemed bizarre to me and I was in rush.

Two possible causes of this and the second also applies to myself, is becoming too enamored with one's own truth and being too overworked to maintain perfect research on every one of dozens of things one is multitasking on each day.

Note Armstrong has removed the link to the New Yorker article from his blog post. Yet he didn't retract the blog post.

I think I can explain Armstrong's motivation, given I have traded emails with him and argued with him earlier this year. He believes the only hope is to wake up the people to put a stop to the corruption before it can drag us into another Dark Age. Thus he probably views the importance of getting shocking information out there to outweigh any pedantic errors. In other words, he doesn't want to give any reason for readers to doubt the seriousness of the situation we face. This is one of his personality flaws and one of the reasons I don't blindly follow him.

Also I suspect that Armstrong views humor as data, and may have verified historically and statistically that it foreshadows the opinion of the public as to the actual truth behind the curtain.

But Armstrong's overall point is correct, the banksters are taking over for they partially repealed Dodd-Frank and increased the bribes they can give to the political parties from $32,400 to $324,000.

And Armstrong is finally coming to realize my long standing argument with him that there is a globalist plan to control the world with essentially one-world control over the money (whether it first takes the form of regional currencies and regional free trade zones is irrelevant to the point):

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/12/15/where-do-we-hide-was-dante-right-is-the-end-near/
http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/12/14/fatca-going-worldwide/

Have you noticed with the recent FIBA basketball championships, the advertisements on the TV are "Oceania, Asia, Europe, Americas, etc"? The 10 Kings regions of the Bible are taking form, and powers-that-be are pitching the regions to us via their control over mass media. The games of Rome to keep the people preoccupied (away from the ominous clouds forming) and program their minds.

Unlike Armstrong, I don't believe the masses can ever be saved. Never has that been the case, e.g. in the French Revolution they accomplished in the end totalitarianism under Napoleon. Nature purges the masses such as with the Black Death that killed a majority of Europe's population. I believe the powers-that-be will win control over the mainstream monetary system and they and the masses will decline together in a morass. I hold my hope in the bifurcation of the economy into a dying Industrial Age (which the powers-that-be and masses control) and a fledgling Knowledge Age which is controlled by the hackers and knowledge creators.

I understand Moldbug's "Only One Currency Can Win" which Satoshi also apparently validated.

And I have explained how I think a bifurcated economy could violate Gresham's Law and allow for two monetary units to coexist globally analogous to how national currencies coexist due to a Coasian barrier of individuals not trading directly internationally.

The one unit will be controlled by the banksters and the masses and this will be the 666 slavery system. The other crypto-currency unit will be for those who hold their "unit-of-account" in "units-of-knowledge". You see as a hacker, you don't care about money as a store-of-value, power-law distribution enslavement paradigm. We care about code and the freedom (power) to build (software, 3D printing designs, etc). The models of remuneration employed thus far for "open source" have depended mostly on large corporate funding. This has locked us hackers into the Theory of the Firm rigor mortis paradigm but remember knowledge can't be enslaved nor financed monetarily. Whereas what we really need is direct remuneration via micro payments.

Note the banksters need this alternative monetary unit too. For they need a place to hide their wealth from their own morass, and because if they squelch all knowledge formation, they will destroy their cancer's host and perish. Precious metals are no longer even functional in the competition against knowledge.

Do understand that everyone who is creative and likes to build things is a hacker.

I believe I know what needs to be done in terms of an altcoin. But getting it done may be more than one man could do timely.
cryptocoiner

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 12:30:21 AM

yup madmax definitely coming.. may 2015!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akX3Is3qBpw

Cheesy

yup, going to watch it

contagion

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 03:01:41 AM

I don't expect what is coming to resemble that.

What is coming is much more subtle slavery. The only way to permanently enslave people is when they don't realize they are enslaved. Those who are awake will feel the world is in some sort of Stepford Wives zombie, deluded blissful state.
contagion

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:38:39 AM

Btw, all of us were incorrect and Armstrong did not misunderstand that the New Yorker article was humor. Come on guys, all of us failed to read carefully what he wrote. He was also using humor in a facetious tone.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/12/14/are-you-really-ready-for-the-world-to-be-ruled-by-bankers/

Quote from: Armstrong
Believe it or not, Citigroup announced on Friday that it would move its headquarters from New York to the actual U.S. Capitol Building, in Washington, D.C., in early 2015. Yes! They might as well had since they got everything they wanted.. Could you imagine Citi outbid JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs to lease thirty thousand square feet of prime real estate on the floor of the House of Representatives.

This is just jumping off the cliff. Not only did these people grease enough palms to repeal Dodd Frank, they are now virtually leasing space right in the Capital Building and managed to increase the donation limitation from $32,400 to $324,000.

Sorry folks, you just got Goxxed (outsmarted) by Armstrong, haha. Myself included, but only because I was in a rush and didn't scrutinize carefully.
pinky

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 08:07:11 AM

I believe I know what needs to be done in terms of an altcoin. But getting it done may be more than one man could do timely.

Why don't you start campaign to collect funds? If jl777 and Vitaly managed to collect funds, I am sure you could get at least enough to sustain yourself and small team for a year.

████████████▀████▄████████████████▀███▀████████████████▄█
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀█████████████████████▀████████████████████████████
████████▀▀████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███████
      |                  |                  |            
contagion

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 08:20:13 AM

Why don't you start campaign to collect funds? If jl777 and Vitaly managed to collect funds, I am sure you could get at least enough to sustain yourself and small team for a year.

Thanks for that sentiment. I would probably only do that if I was desperate and even then I'd probably find another way to get some money to survive on while coding. He paid me 5 BTC so they already funded me a bit. He was very upstanding in his interaction with me.

First I don't feel comfortable with taking money from people on a promise of work that has yet to have been done. I know the nature of tech is it morphs along the way. My personality in the past was to deliver, not promise, although this appears to have changed with the advent of the internet to waste my time pontificating on.

Secondly I don't think great software innovation can be purchased with money. Innovation is born in the desire of the creator to change the world. The lure of a great monetary payoff can enhance the lure, but paying in advance is very demotivating (why work hard if already paid?) and it attracts the wrong mindset of developer.

It is always best to not pay a dime and let people create the parts of the ecosystem independently and profit on and control their own projects. This is why it is best to design systems to be modular so that the entire system doesn't have to be controlled and created by one group or entity. This is why I suggested the best design of a programmable block chain is merged mining (find it in U.T.'s archives).

Just putting my ideas out there may help to motivate others to implement.

contagion

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 08:34:52 AM

The end times are upon us...

What I wrote in email today... (hey don't assume you know if I am Christian or not...I may just be speaking from their perspective playing devil's advocate...but you will not know as I might be a Christian...)

> You are correct, the masses cannot be saved as they have chosen the false
> gods of Catholicism, Protestantism, Islam, Hindu, Buddha, or just plain
> old no god at all but faith in man (humanism)...  It is exactly as Messiah
> said, it is just like the days of Noah.
>
> The beginning of the end starts on September 23, 2015.  Just prior to that
> is the Shemitah.  There is nothing that can change this event.

Doesn't the Bible say that some old lady escapes the beheading the desert?
I think the Bible mentions about some finding safe harbors?

Where are you riding this out?

I saw a dead pigeon in my lawn today (in the Philippines and I never see dead birds here).
I read a new more deadly strain of
bird flu killed several hundred recently.  Armstrong says pandemic cycle
should peak again 2019 in a global plague.

No one can predict the time, as the Bible says. The history of the world
has been going through repeated cycles that appear much like the End
Times, e.g. 60% of Europe died in the Black Death.

One thing I learned about life thus far, is those who speak in absolutes
are crackpots. I guess there is a time to be proven wrong, but I don't
think absolutism has ever been correct in the recorded history of the
earth, not even in the Biblical great flood. Noah found safe harbor.

> Matthew 7:13"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the
> way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter
> through it. 14"For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to
> life, and there are few who find it.

Forsaking money and body entirely is one route, maybe the only one to fit
through the narrow gate. Recall the parable of the rich man and easier to
fit a camel though the eye of a needle.

God bless guys.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 05:52:48 PM

I don't expect what is coming to resemble that.

What is coming is much more subtle slavery. The only way to permanently enslave people is when they don't realize they are enslaved. Those who are awake will feel the world is in some sort of Stepford Wives zombie, deluded blissful state.

Y'all already enslaved. Cue aldous huxley's perfect dictature.

Just go along with this and teach your kids sum twerk
BitcoinFreak12

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 10:56:56 PM

Hey i`m not american but i just heard that your governments wants to nationalize the private pensions and force the penson managers to buy only long term bonds with the capital, what do you think about that?

Is your government getting desperate to sell out more long term bonds to cover the massive debt bubble, what do you think?

If this gets mainstream then it would definitely cause some instability in the USD, and thus hopefully BTC/USD can go up then  Grin
contagion

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:13:50 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2014, 04:51:03 AM by contagion

It is complete nonsense for Martin Armstrong to assert that the banksters do not have a long-range plan to take over the world. Armstrong's own models are based on the fact that coincidence becomes a statistically valid pattern given enough repetition. They sell these commodity derivatives in order to give them more political control. Just look how they timed the collapse in the oil price and lobbied right on time to repeal Dodd-Frank with the timing of the massive spending bill. They know what they are doing and Armstrong is confused because he thinks their losses are due to ineptness. No Martin! Their losses are planned out in order to maximize the failures that concentrate more power and control into their hands.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/12/16/russian-ruble-collapses-conspiracy-or-warning-of-things-to-come/

...spinning the blogs claiming this is a “Zionist banker” conspiracy...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/oilprices/11283875/Bank-of-America-sees-50-oil-as-Opec-dies.html

Bank of America said quantitative easing in Europe and Japan will cover just 35pc of the global stimulus lost as the Fed pulls back, creating a treacherous hiatus for markets. It warned that the full effect of Fed tapering had yet to be felt. From now on the markets cannot expect to be rescued every time there is a squall. “The threshold for the Fed to return to QE will be high. This is why we believe we are entering a phase in which bad news will be bad news and volatility will likely rise,” it said.

What is clear is that the world has become addicted to central bank stimulus. Bank of America said 56pc of global GDP is currently supported by zero interest rates, and so are 83pc of the free-floating equities on global bourses. Half of all government bonds in the world yield less that 1pc. Roughly 1.4bn people are experiencing negative rates in one form or another.

These are astonishing figures, evidence of a 1930s-style depression, albeit one that is still contained. Nobody knows what will happen as the Fed tries to break out of the stimulus trap, including Fed officials themselves.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/16/russia-ruble-collapse_n_6333546.html

Russian GDP might shrink by a terrifying 4.5 percent next year, the central bank said Monday, especially if the price of crude oil hangs around $60 a barrel.

Russia's central bank jacked up interest rates in the middle of the night, desperately trying to stanch the bleeding by enticing investors to keep cash in the country. The bank raised its key rate to 17 percent from 10.5 percent, the biggest hike since Russia's ruble crisis in 1998. If that effort did any good, it was hard to tell.

So, mission accomplished, right? We've punished Putin. But beware of blowback.

The 1998 crisis brought down hedge fund Long Term Capital Management, which shook the entire financial system. The Federal Reserve had to ride to the rescue of LTCM, recruiting banks to bail it out. The current ruble collapse is starting to look worse than the 1998 debacle

So far we don't know that anybody has bet so big on the Russian ruble that it could bring down the whole system. Then again, it's early yet. In 1998, Russia's central bank raised its key rate to 150 percent, notes Joseph Cotterill of the Financial Times. The current situation has a way to go before it gets that desperate. And you never know if and where contagion will spread. In 1998 it was a big dumb hedge fund. In 2014-15 it could be a bunch of European banks, already in not-so-great shape after a succession of various crises.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/12/16/russian-ruble-collapses-conspiracy-or-warning-of-things-to-come/

http://i1.wp.com/armstrongeconomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/1931-sovdebtdefault.jpg?resize=584%2C437There was nothing that survived during the Great Depression from stocks, bonds, commodities, tangible assets, to currencies. This is what we are facing. The complete meltdown of the world economy thanks to the convergence of many factors. Just about anything that can go wrong is going wrong and the end game is not looking pretty. As we can see from this chart of the bond market, while Andrew Mellon first bragged when the stock market crashed “gentlemen buy bonds”, those who ran into the bond markets either were left with nothing as sovereign debt defaulted, or their US bonds were suddenly devalued by FDR and the gold redemption closes were reneged upon.

The Middle East has become addicted to high energy prices and thus they have increased their budget taking into consideration expectations of perpetual high energy prices. [meaning OPEC can't cut production because they need the revenues]

During the Great Depression, stocks rallied into 1929 but commodities peaked in 1919. The tangible commodity sector declined into 1932 coinciding with the stock low. That 13 year decline was profound. It wiped out much of the commodity industry.

We are dealing with a very serious crisis within the global economy that is by no means limited to Russia or oil.

We are witnessing the unraveling of the world economy because we have pervasive corruption in government...

Crude oil has two numbers we must now pay close attention to for year-end $75 and $57. A closing BELOW $57 warns that we are in serious trouble with oil and we may not see the final low until 2016-2017. The real critical level of support lies at $32. We should see this type of decline send crude back to retest the 1980 high of about $40 similar top gold retesting the $875 high of 1980. Welcome to the land of DEFLATION as all the promises of socialism with government taking care of you from cradle to grave is over and done with.

Consequently, additional proof that this is not limited to Russia is just open your eyes. There is a crisis in ALL EMERGING markets. As the dollar rises and commodities decline, this is part of the cycle that sets in motion the Sovereign Debt defaults.

We are looking at a major decline within the world economy. This is part of Big Bang. We will produce a major and very serious report on this entire subject matter after the closing of 2014.

Just this past week the too-big-to-fail banks were able to get Dodd-Frank partially repealed so they can charge their coming derivative losses to the government! Read the following and weep...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-12-10/anyone-still-believes-collapsing-oil-prices-are-good-economy

Are much lower oil prices good news for the U.S. economy?  Only if you like collapsing capital expenditures, rising unemployment and a potential financial implosion on Wall Street.  Yes, lower gasoline prices are good news for the middle class.  I certainly would rather pay two dollars for a gallon of gas than four dollars.  But in order to have money to fill up your vehicle you have got to have an income first.  And since the last recession, the energy sector has been the number one creator of good jobs in the U.S. economy by far.  Barack Obama loves to stand up and take credit for the fact that the employment picture in this country has been improving slightly, but without the energy industry boom, unemployment would be through the roof.  And now that the “energy boom” is rapidly becoming an “energy bust”, what will happen to the struggling U.S. economy as we head into 2015?

In recent years, energy companies have been pouring massive amounts of money into capital expenditures.  In fact, the energy sector currently accounts for about a third of all capital expenditures in the United States according to Deutsche Bank…

Unfortunately, when the price of oil crashes those investments become unprofitable and capital expenditures start getting slashed almost immediately.

For example, the budget for 2015 at ConocoPhillips has already been reduced by 20 percent…

And Reuters is reporting that the number of new well permits for the industry as a whole plunged by an astounding 40 percent during the month of November…

According to the Perryman Group, the energy sector currently supports 9.3 million permanent jobs in this country

And these are good paying jobs.  They aren’t eight dollar part-time jobs down at your local big box retailer.  These are jobs that comfortably support middle class families.  These are precisely the kinds of jobs that we cannot afford to lose.

In recent years, there has been a noticeable economic difference between areas of the country where energy is being produced and where energy is not being produced.

Since December 2007, a total of 1.36 million jobs have been gained in shale oil states.

Meanwhile, a total of 424,000 jobs have been lost in non-shale oil states.

Even more ominous is what an oil price collapse could mean for our financial system.

The last time the price of oil declined by more than 40 dollars in less than six months, there was a financial meltdown on Wall Street and we experienced the deepest recession that we have seen since the days of the Great Depression.

And now many fear that this collapse in the price of oil could trigger another financial panic.

According to Citigroup, the energy sector now accounts for 17 percent of the high yield bond market.

J.P. Morgan says that it is actually 18 percent.

In any event, the reality of the matter is that the health of these “junk bonds” is absolutely critical to our financial system.  And according to Deutsche Bank, if these bonds start defaulting it could “trigger a broader high-yield market default cycle”…

Based on recent stress tests of subprime borrowers in the energy sector in the US produced by Deutsche Bank, should the price of US crude fall by a further 20pc to $60 per barrel, it could result in up to a 30pc default rate among B and CCC rated high-yield US borrowers in the industry. West Texas Intermediate crude is currently trading at multi-year lows of around $75 per barrel, down from $107 per barrel in June.

A shock of that magnitude could be sufficient to trigger a broader high-yield market default cycle, if materialized,” warn Deutsche strategists Oleg Melentyev and Daniel Sorid in their report.

In addition, plunging oil prices could end up absolutely destroying the banks that are holding enormous amounts of energy derivatives.  This is something that I recently covered in this article and this article.

As you read this, there are five “too big to fail” banks that each have more than 40 trillion dollars in exposure to derivatives.  Of course only a small fraction of that total exposure is made up of energy derivatives, but a small fraction of 40 trillion dollars is still a massive amount of money.

These derivatives trades are largely unregulated, and even Forbes admits that they are likely to be at the heart of the coming financial collapse…

Unfortunately, that does not seem likely any time soon.  Even though U.S. energy companies are cutting back on capital expenditures, most of them are still actually projecting an increase in production for 2015.  Here is one example from Bloomberg…

Continental, the biggest holder of drilling rights in the Bakken, last month said 2015 output will grow between 23 percent and 29 percent even after shelving plans to allocate more money to exploration.

Higher levels of production will just drive the price of oil even lower.

At this point,
Morgan Stanley is saying that the price of oil could plummet as low as $43 a barrel next year

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/plummeting-oil-prices-destroy-banks-holding-trillions-commodity-derivatives

So the oil companies that have locked in high prices for their oil in 2015 and 2016 are feeling pretty good right about now.  But who is on the other end of those contracts?  In many cases, it is the big Wall Street banks, and if the price of oil does not rebound substantially they could be facing absolutely colossal losses.

It has been estimated that the six largest “too big to fail” banks control $3.9 trillion in commodity derivatives contracts.  And a very large chunk of that amount is made up of oil derivatives.

In fact, as I have written about previously, the “too big to fail” banks have collectively gotten 37 percent larger since the last recession. At this point, the five largest banks in the country account for 42 percent of all loans in the United States, and the six largest banks control 67 percent of all banking assets. If those banks were to disappear tomorrow, we would not have much of an economy left.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/new-law-make-taxpayers-potentially-liable-trillions-derivatives-losses

This provision would allows these big banks to trade derivatives through subsidiaries that are federally insured by the FDIC.  What this would means is that the big banks would be are able to continue their incredibly reckless derivatives trading without having to worry about the downside.

https://gailtheactuary.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/us-dollar-index-from-ino.png?w=640&h=411When the tide of inflation of commodities was rushing in over the past 13 years, debt was getting cheaper, but now as the tide rushes out debt will become much more huge burden than it already is given $200 trillion of global debt and 250% of global GDP.

http://ourfiniteworld.com/2014/12/07/ten-reasons-why-a-severe-drop-in-oil-prices-is-a-problem/

Issue 9. A major drop in oil prices tends to lead to deflation, and because of this, difficulty in repaying debts.

If oil prices rise, so do food prices, and the price of making most goods. Thus rising oil prices contribute to inflation. The reverse of this is true as well. Falling oil prices tend to lead to a lower price for growing food and a lower price for making most goods. The net result can be deflation.

Here is that negative marginal utility of debt I was explaining upthread is the reason QE can't continue indefinitely.

The obvious way around this problem is to lower interest rates to practically zero, through Quantitative Easing (QE) and other techniques.

(Increasing debt is a big part of pumps up “demand” for oil, and because of this, oil prices. If this is confusing, think of buying a car. It is much easier to buy a car with a loan than without one. So adding debt allows goods to be more affordable. Reducing debt levels has the opposite effect.)

QE doesn’t work as a long-term technique, because it tends to create bubbles in asset prices, such as stock market prices and prices of farmland. It also tends to encourage investment in enterprises that have questionable chance of success. Arguably, investment in shale oil and gas operations are in this category.

http://royaldutchshellplc.com/2014/12/13/oil-prices-continued-their-collapse-on-friday/

The new rout began Friday morning after the International Energy Agency, the organization based in Paris that advises industrial countries, cut its forecast for global demand for crude oil in 2015 by 230,000 barrels a day. The agency cited less oil consumption in countries that produce it like Russia and a weaker-than-expected global economy.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/79298000/gif/_79298601_oil_breakeven_prices_v3a.gifhttp://www.bbc.com/news/business-30393690

"Investment by the oil companies in the North Sea will likely be halted on the basis that it is not economical to either invest - let alone pump oil - below $60," said analyst Howard Wheeldon in a recent note.

Deloitte's Mr Sadler says the North Sea production costs have been rising because much of the easy-to-get oil has been extracted. Some fields will "start to struggle" if the price remains below $70 for a lengthy period, he says.

http://www.rigzone.com/news/oil_gas/a/136374/Norwegian_Oil_Firm_Noreco_to_Restructure

Norwegian Oil Firm Noreco to Restructure
by  Reuters | Monday, December 15, 2014

OSLO, Dec 15 (Reuters) – Norwegian oil firm Noreco proposed a restructuring as low oil prices and persistent production problems at its key assets are threatening its ability to remain a going concern, it said on Monday. Noreco, which holds stakes in a handful of British, Norwegian and Danish fields, said it needs to fully convert its outstanding bond debt as it was burning through cash rapidly and cannot pay interest or service its debt.

http://www.rigzone.com/news/oil_gas/a/136404/Norways_Statoil_Approves_610M_North_Sea_Development

OSLO, Dec 16 (Reuters) - Norwegian energy firm Statoil ... has delayed several new developments as low oil prices and high costs have reduced its profitability, eating into its cash.

The North Sea oil dependent countries have a huge problem with the ability to finance HUGE per-capita external debt levels as their export oil revenues wane.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/edmundconway/6505670/North-Sea-oil-is-dragging-us-into-the-red.html

for the past quarter of a century, Britain has been a petro-economy. In 1999, we were producing more oil than Iraq, Kuwait or Nigeria. The following year, we pumped out almost twice as much natural gas as Iran – a country with reserves that are the envy of the world.

The result is that while we are apt to attribute the sudden spurt in Britain's prosperity in the mid- to late-1980s to a deregulated and reinvigorated City, it owed far more to the massive windfall from the North Sea. Take a look at the numbers. In 1979, when Margaret Thatcher came to power, the amount Britain owed, as a nation, was £88.6 billion. In the subsequent six years, taxes from the North Sea (which had been pretty much non-existent previously) generated an incredible £52.4 billion.

The benefits went far beyond the public finances. Were it not for the cushion provided by oil exports, the deficit in Britain's current account – its international ledger – would have been one of the worst in the Western world. Moreover, much of the massive rise in business investment in the years before the financial collapse was due entirely to spending in the North Sea.

There are two problems, however. The first is that the stuff is running out. Production of North Sea oil has halved in the past decade; Britain has gone from being comfortably self-sufficient in oil and gas to being a net importer.

The second issue is that since the oil arrived, we have treated it not as a luxury but as a staple of economic life. Unlike the Norwegians, who diverted a slice of their North Sea revenues into an investment fund designed to provide for them when the oil started to run dry, chancellors of every political hue treated North Sea taxes as current income.

So serious is this problem that some are inclined to see it in apocalyptic terms: Jim Rogers, a renowned investor, has predicted that the demise of the North Sea will send the pound crashing downwards, taking the UK into banana-republic territory. This year, the Government's revenues from oil will almost halve, partly due to lower oil prices, partly to the inexorable decline in activity as old fields become exhausted.

http://gcaptain.com/norway-reviews-gdp-growth-estimates-oil-plunge-continues/

A 41 percent drop in oil prices from a June high is proving to be the worst since the financial crisis erupted in 2008. The slump has put pressure on a nation [Norway] that relies on energy resources for about 22 percent of its [GDP] output.

In the “short term, the disturbances in the Norwegian economy will not be as large,” Solberg said. Norway funnels its oil riches into an $870 billion sovereign wealth fund, the world’s largest. The government follows a self-imposed cap of 4 percent of the fund when it plans [deficit] budget spending.

‘Dark Clouds’

Over the past decade, Norway’s reliance on oil has been its main strength. Booming prices helped keep unemployment below 3 percent even as other parts of Europe suffered double-digit jobless rates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_external_debt  (sorted by highest per-capita first)

RankNationExternal DebtPer Capita
5.United Kingdom$9.6 trillion$160,158
7.Norway$737 billion$131,220

Note that 22% of GDP for oil quoted above doesn't include the Norwegian government which is 44% of the GDP and gets most of its revenues from taxing oil! Thus greater than 50% of Norwary's GDP is dependent on oil and it is claimed to be fiscally strongest country in Europe!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_budget_of_Norway

Total costs: $160 billion
Tax Income: $124 billion

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/04/oil-tax-norway-could-teach-australia-a-thing-or-two-about-managing-wealth

In Norway, companies drilling for North Sea oil pay a 78% tax rate on income...

All commodities are affected. The total debt of the world has been pushed to 250% of GDP, which has created a huge false (misallocated, unsustainable, not really profitable without the debt bubble) demand for energy and commodities, while the bankers have provided ZIRP and derivative hedges to push over investment in supply. While simultaneously the nations have gorged on this oil and commodity boom and radically expanded their socialism budgets. OPEC can't reduce production, because they can't meet their obligations without pumping out every barrel they've invested in producing.

As the tide turns on the global debt bubble, this leads to massive deflation as all the forces that caused the ride up the inflation mountain reverse and debt become a HUGE burden that destroys all demand.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/16/opinion/sunday/warning-signs-from-commodity-prices.html?_r=0

Over all, commodity prices have fallen nearly 15 percent since late June, according to a Bloomberg index. Last week, the price of crude oil dropped to a four-year low, about $74 a barrel, down from about $107 a barrel in June. The prices of metals like copper, platinum and silver have also fallen sharply since the summer.

The big losers in all this are nations that depend on commodity exports, like Russia, Brazil and Iran. Some of these countries, particularly Russia and Iran, already have substantial economic problems because of Western sanctions and government mismanagement. Brazil’s economy was slowing before the decline in commodity prices, and it faces a difficult 2015.

But America’s economy could struggle in the coming year if Europe and Japan slip into another recession. About 25 percent of all American exports went to those two markets in the first nine months of the year.

The economic recovery from the financial crisis was uneven and disappointing. Now, in many countries, it is stalling.

https://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/wp/2014/wp14154.pdf#page=9

Quote from: IMF
The current market based outlook for 2014 - 19 is characterized by a sharp decline in NCPI growth rates across LAC [Latin American Countries], with an annual growth rate (averaged over time and across economies) about 6½ percentage points lower than during the commodity boom — and actually negative for most countries.

http://www.ipsnews.net/2014/05/china-sneezes-latin-america-gets-flu/

Regarding China’s growth rate and commodity prices, the report states, “Whereas from 2006 to 2011 the IMF primary commodity price index soared by an average annual rate of 9.8 percent and the Chinese economy grew at an average annual rate of 10.5 percent, in 2012 commodity prices fell by 3.2 percent and the Chinese economy slowed to 7.7 percent.”

The fall in commodity prices disproportionately affects LAC, as 86.4 percent of LAC exports to China are primary goods, while 63.4 percent of Chinese exports to LAC are manufactured.

“As prices rose, exports grew and growth improved significantly. Latin America can thank China and the commodity boom for not being so affected by the [global] financial crisis [of 2008-2009]. However, exchange rates appreciated, investment concentrated in commodities, manufacturers couldn’t compete with imports from China and beyond, and commodity-led growth led to numerous social and environmental conflicts,” said Gallagher.

According to the GEGI report, average annual export growth from LAC to China averaged 23 percent between 2006 and 2011, but dropped to 7.2 percent in 2012. These exports are mainly concentrated in copper, iron, and soy. The metals exports are densely concentrated in two countries: 86 percent of iron exports came from Brazil and 92 percent of copper comes from Chile.

China’s exports to LAC are significantly more diverse, coming mostly from manufactured goods like electronics and vehicles that are less sensitive to pricing variables than commodity goods. Effectively, commodity price declines have created a trade imbalance between LAC and China inChina’s favour.
BitcoinFreak12

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 04:29:54 AM

Omg that is monstruos, no wonder why the oil markets are tanking, these idiot bureocrats just never learn from their mistakes.
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 05:35:28 AM

Omg that is monstruos, no wonder why the oil markets are tanking, these idiot bureocrats just never learn from their mistakes.

Why is that too high? The oil belongs to the citizens of Norway and the majority of profits from it should go to the country.

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: