Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:23:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LITECOIN help running cgminer with 7870 small btc reward .025+  (Read 1445 times)
stephaneffenburg (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:32:38 AM

Hi all,

ive been pulling my hair out over the past couple of weeks trying to switch my old btc miner over to ltc..

put simply the specs are win7/64b old asus m/b, 2gb ram, gpu 7870, psu 650w, cpu intel 1.86 dual core. Using the amd 12.8 drivers at the moment.

Currently im using the following settings just running from inside the cgminer folder v3.4.3 as a command.. This is the first setting which has normalish speed on cgminer, with other settings it shows 15-18kh or 3mh+

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOX_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

cgminer --scrypt -o <site> -u x -p x --intensity 13 --worksize 64 -g 1

Below is from cgminer

"probing for an active pool
pool 0 difficulty changed to 196
network diff set to 177m
stratum connection pool 0 interrupted
pool 0 difficulty changed to 196"

It then goes on and says I lost x shares due to losing connection. Its on a crap wifi link at the moment but I had 178hw errors with the above text so im guessing that's not the issue atm (will plug in via cable when its at least running).

2nd time running
"probing for an active pool
pool 0 difficulty changed to 196
network diff set to 177m
error -5: enqueueing kernel onto command queue. (clEnqueueNDRangeKernel)
GPU 0 failure, disabling!
Thread 0 being disabled"

I haven't OC the card and it isn't OC from factory if that helps also.. What am I missing? Im mainly worried that after it starts and I close it with some settings it then seems to only give the 2nd screen no matter what I change, even if I use the original settings. Ive tried a multitude of different combinations so far and tried to write as much information as  possible to assist. Each time I am just installing win7 64b (skipping updates) Microsoft framework .4 and the 12.8 drivers, Ive also tried the 13.4 drivers and that seems to give similar results - just finished another fresh os install haha Sad (on a side note there is surely a way to bypass a fresh OS install for my issue?)

If I just use cgminer --scrypt -o <site> -u x -p x  without anything else after a fresh install it gives 15-18kh but doesn't actually register any accepted shares.

My thoughts are perhaps the system ram isn't sufficient for the 2gb card, the 12.8 drivers, hw errors due to config or something stupid like not opening stratumproxy.exe as you would for btc mining ontop of cgminer settings?

I will very very happily give the person who can just get me running at over 200kh semi-stably at the moment .025BTC+ as a thankyou.
antgrinder

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:56:34 AM

try cgminer --scrypt -o <site> -u x -p x  -I 12 -g 2 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8192

u can try newer version cgminer too
peterlustig

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:58:27 AM

Or have a look at the guiminer-scrypt GPU defaults.  Wink
Also https://litecoin.info/Mining_Hardware_Comparison for some settings for your card.

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
stephaneffenburg (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:10:00 AM

Ok just finished a fresh OS install.

using cgminer 3.4.3  amd 12.8 drivers

just the standard

cgminer -0 site -u x -p x

It says its hashing at 18kh or so... comes up with stratum connection to pool 0 interrupted then loops back through the standard without actually accepting shares.

Ive just closed that as it doesn't seem to be going anywhere - no shares on wemineltc appearing

I just tried what you "antgrinder" listed and so far so good... godmthfkingdamn first persons reply seems to solve my issues, I have watched the btc forum for around a year but knew I would need an account and I was right. I am stubborn and have learnt a lesson from this haha. Thankyou so much you are a legend.

Please allow me to test for a night or so, it seems good so far so even if it does stop/fckout in the next hour ill give you .01btc for the help anyway.

peter - I had tried guiminer and was sure I had tried those settings manually in cgminer, hence I tried the other solution first. thanks for the reply

antgrinder

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:15:01 AM

Glad to be able to help  Grin

1JK45jJ4A7LsAgqEvWavM5hC4zyRJQYU3T

Feel free to ask if any problem arises
stephaneffenburg (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:23:55 AM

Fark I hate you and love you at the same time.. 35 if not more hours spent doing this, got close enough that I figured someone could help.. I cannot even be bothered configuring it as I spend all day infront of a monitor at work, ill just let it run at its current 357kh Smiley

Pretty disappointed I didn't get this setup when I turned the pc off from btc mining as planned. lol another lesson learnt.

Cheers again and ill sort out that thankyou reward in a couple of minutes once I rejig my makeshift monitor/laptop setup haha.

Now time to figure out litecoin wallets... hopefully a much less stressfull exercise.
peterlustig

Activity: 812

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:24:56 AM

prepare for huge blockchain download.  Grin

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
stephaneffenburg (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:34:22 AM

yes it seems so indeed haha.

I purchased a new laptop with 16gb of ram to take the load off my other pcs Smiley
stephaneffenburg (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:46:45 AM

ok reward sent, can you confirm when received?

I have another problem - starting the litecoin wallet gets error failed to read block around 10 seconds after it starts. Connects fine and seems to be working until that point... hmm

im sure win8.1 was a bad choice im tempted to just buy win 7 and downgrade. Both armory for bitcoin and now litcoin wallet both have errors pretty much on startup lol.
boxuser

Activity: 322

Credits CRD 1st Decentralized Exchange coin

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:14:26 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2013, 03:01:28 PM by boxuser

try to delete the blockchanin from the wallets and restart your wallets, also addnodes just in case

EDIT: i mean to add addnodes lol

ok reward sent, can you confirm when received?

I have another problem - starting the litecoin wallet gets error failed to read block around 10 seconds after it starts. Connects fine and seems to be working until that point... hmm

im sure win8.1 was a bad choice im tempted to just buy win 7 and downgrade. Both armory for bitcoin and now litcoin wallet both have errors pretty much on startup lol.

antgrinder

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:33:03 AM

yes, i have received it. Thanks.

yeah,try to do what 'boxuser' mentioned. If all else fails, try downloading the blockchain manually. http://blockchain.litecoin.net/
stephaneffenburg (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:31:27 AM

Thanks for the assistance everyone... much appreciated from my end Smiley

Ill get onto the wallet now and see if I can get it to turn over, I have some experience with the btc clients so shouldn't be too difficult.

No HW errors showing up yet Smiley although just need to cable the pc as the rejected shares is a little higher than I want.. thinking this is due to the crappy wifi connection.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: