Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:14:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: nsa and gchq have agents to spy inside WoW  (Read 920 times)
600watt (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:46:12 AM

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/09/nsa-spies-online-games-world-warcraft-second-life

just to remind you that they FOR SURE have also agents in this forum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 11:04:47 AM

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/09/nsa-spies-online-games-world-warcraft-second-life

I hope you are not one of them? By the way, Bitcoin has already reached $1000, is it still worth joining that party in your signature? Shouldn't it better be renamed to something along the lines of Bitcoin reaching one million dollars in price?

600watt (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:23:11 AM

I hope you are not one of them? By the way, Bitcoin has already reached $1000, is it still worth joining that party in your signature? Shouldn't it better be renamed to something along the lines of Bitcoin reaching one million dollars in price?

i´m hoping the same about you...  Wink

we decided it would be helpful to have the party triggered when bitcoin reached 1000 for 30 days in row. this will trigger the party, and it will take another 8 weeks to get everything sorted.

ticket sale has not opened yet due to some software bug. this party will be the first event in bitcoin history where coloured coins will be used as a real-life payment system. the party will be epic.

you can reserve a ticket by simply posting in the thread mentioned in the sig.
snakebit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:06:35 PM

American's tax dollars hard at work here... Roll Eyes
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 04:12:11 PM

American's tax dollars hard at work here... Roll Eyes

If something is about to happen (e.g. US government going belly up), they would be able to easily change their benefactors here...

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:14:19 PM

"Second Life was enabling anonymous texts and planning to introduce voice calls, while game noticeboards could, it states, be used to share information on the web addresses of terrorism forums."

Forums may be loaded to capacity with paranoid delusions, but at least we're not that bad. Cheesy
chowderman

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:35:21 PM

They are there to sniff out terrorist using the system to send messages which they do in obscure ways to try and stay under the radar, grow the hell up. How is it any different than the FBI in chat rooms to sniff out and arrest pedo-psychos. If you fools weren't such paranoid-schizo criminal anarchist dirtbags you wouldn't be looking over your shoulder so much. The only reason you idiots hate it so much is because its starting to make you sweat getting busted which you most likely deserve anyway. Its only scumbag criminals, anarchists, and sovereign citizen psycho-fucks that try and evade the law anyway. Each one of you that complain are clearly flagging yourselves and i hope you get arrested, tooled up and then put away. You can join fuck face channing and douche-bag snowden when they lock him up too.
600watt (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:41:12 PM

They are there to sniff out terrorist using the system to send messages which they do in obscure ways to try and stay under the radar, grow the hell up. How is it any different than the FBI in chat rooms to sniff out and arrest pedo-psychos. If you fools weren't such paranoid-schizo criminal anarchist dirtbags you wouldn't be looking over your shoulder so much. The only reason you idiots hate it so much is because its starting to make you sweat getting busted which you most likely deserve anyway. Its only scumbag criminals, anarchists, and sovereign citizen psycho-fucks that try and evade the law anyway. Each one of you that complain are clearly flagging yourselves and i hope you get arrested, tooled up and then put away. You can join fuck face channing and douche-bag snowden when they lock him up too.

i respect your outing.

bitfreak!
Legendary

Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 04:55:00 PM

I couldn't care less if they were simply playing the game like anyone else and recording what people were saying because anyone could do that, but the refusal to comment by Microsoft indicates to me that they have tapped the XBOX LIVE network in some way with help from Microsoft. I always assumed that was the case anyway.

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:26:07 PM

So how many breaks a day they let you have? How's your cubicle? Comfortable I hope? Don't spend that tax payer money all at once while playing WoW for "the good of the people"  Grin
Ecurb123

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:51:24 PM

that's so crazy, I want to hear why they think that is needed.
Jcw188

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Carpe Diem

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:54:07 PM

I could see having like ONE agent to check a whole crap load of sites and games but if there's one agent whose job is to check this board and that's his only job then man what a waste of taxpayer dollars.  Not to mention it's turning into a police state over here.  Speaking of which I saw a funny new birthday card (re: drones):  "I'm looking forward to the day when I can blame the drone for losing your package in the mail when I just forgot to order it."

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:38:29 PM

Well, those are certainly some interesting points of view, Sgt. Standanko.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-95xGJfYDQ

u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:25:22 PM

that's so crazy, I want to hear why they think that is needed.

Well, obviously they needed to level up their chars and work was getting in the way...  Tongue

But to be honest, I don't think I would want to play wow even if they paid me; the combat system kind of sucks to me.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 04:49:23 PM

Kinda sucks? All you do is just sit their right clicking and hitting hotkeys lol those kind of games just suck.
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:38:35 AM

Kinda sucks? All you do is just sit their right clicking and hitting hotkeys lol those kind of games just suck.

Not all games are created equal... for example, Vindictus has a more dynamic combat system, where not only do you have to move out of the way to avoid blows/spells, but you also have a physics engine that makes things a bit more interesting, though I don't think it is as well used as it should be. Still, it allows you to do things like grabbing a nearby enemy and using him as a shield for incoming attacks, and then using him as a projectile against others, which is kind of fun for a while.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 01:25:47 PM

now i know why my raid to molton core failed, NSA noobs!

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:12:25 PM

Then again, what if....

.....you were a bored, depressed NSA stooge.  You'd been putting up with ridiculous bullshit from fucked up politicos and goons for years.  And you were way, way smarter than them.  And one day...one day...a little light comes on....

There's five others in the Guild in the cubicle pigpen.  Five other neterworld warriors, highly ranked.

Six pros.

The whispering campaign is started.  "Muslim terrorists....gamers....mmug......secrets...keys....secret information..."

It ain't long before you, and the Guild is called into the director's office.  The Director, who has used his powers of Surveillance to determine who in the thousands of faceless peons had the skills to go into this other world and fight for the American Way.  The Director, who has (he thunk) came up with a New Idea to Root Out Evil and Enemies.  The Op is Cosmic Level clearance, and the Six Warriors are commissioned with a new task:  Go forth into that strange land, and fight the seen and unseen forces of evil.  But report back, those with turbans.  Report back, those who have the evil eye."

The Guild, man.  Yeah, dude.  We're in now.  All day gaming.  The best gear in the WORLD!  And these fucking idiots are paying us for playing all day.  Like, hey.....we even conned the jerkoffs into paying us combat pay!  Like, I told them, I couldn't get into the game without some weed, you know how it is.  So they put me over in the corner office and asked me to keep the door shut when I was smoking.  Stoned all day, now.  And free beer.  Pizzas delivered right to us, man.  We don't have to go out to get pizzas.  Shit this is great!  Fuck yeah!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: