Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:34:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitMarket.eu - Improvements  (Read 994 times)
elements (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 11:32:48 PM

Hi everyone,

I very much like the exchange Bitmarket.eu . I've been using it since early June and did so far:

- 12 purchases
- 14 sales
- 23 BTC transfers (in/out)

It always was working fine and smoothly with no problem whatsoever!
Still I'd like to make some suggestions for the improvement of this site, which I would like to discuss with you in this thread
to make the site even better.

Here are the suggestions I'd like to propose to the owners/operators of Bitmarket.EU:

(1) Adding email notification after BTC have been released (information for buyer - optional)

I believe this would be a very nice feature, so that the buyer of BTC wouldn't have to check his/her account several times a day to check whether the bought BTC have been released yet.

(2) Adding option to change deposit address

ATM each account has one deposit address. To my knowledge this address can not be changed easily by the account holder.
While the receiving address can be changed, this would be a nice additional feature for more financial privacy.

(3) Adding a simple feedback system

Since all transactions between users have to be confirmed by the seller of said transaction (confirmation by seller means the buyer has indeed paid for the purchased BTC), I would suggest to add a simple feedback system by adding two numbers behind each user's bitmarket id (which would be shown in the offical email notification after any trade):

bitmarket user id (XX / YY)
XX = number of confirmed purchases
YY = number of confirmed sales

Example:

Account ID: magicalFLUX (23 / 47)

=> User "magicalFLUX"
- has bought BTC and paid 23 times
- hat sold BTC 47 times and received payment  

This feature would add extra security and build trust among users.

(4) Adding ID verified icon (same as eBay verified ID) - OPTIONAL

To build additional trust among users.

(5) Adding Mt.Gox – Redemable Codes in BTC/USD as Payment Options

This would add more liquidity to the market and most probabely increase volume.

(6) Adding Translations for the following languages (and/or more):

- French (Main Markets: France, Belgium, Switzerland, Canada, Africa, Caribbean)
- German (Main Markets: Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Belgium, Denmark)
- Spanish (Spain, Latin America)
- Portuguese (Portugal, Latin America)

- Russian (RUB is a currency at this exchange)
- Afrikaans (ZAR is a currency at this exchange)
- Hebrew (ILS is a currency at this exchange)

I would love users of Bitmarket.eu to participate and hope that if there are several serious participants in this discussion we will encourage the owners of the exchange to implement these and/or other features to improve usability and security on the site.

As a last topic I would like to ask you whether you are for or against an introduction of fees (now all fees are optional donations)
to give the owner and operators of the site an increased incentive to further improve the service.

Thank you in advance for your comments/posts!

FULL DISCLOSURE:
============
I do not belong to the staff / operators / owners of Bitmarket.eu and I am in no way invested or incentivized by them in any way
(other than that - like all other bitcoin users - I would profit from an improved service as a member of the community).

»A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.« - Douglas Adams
Use the trusted German Bitcoin exchange: https://www.bitcoin.de/de/r/5wcwts
Tips & donations: BTC : 1MAQYNLp2VJ9wWhPYg5BnrbUGzdhGXopZw | CGB: 5bgQivyHJcSWTgvLfVW87Zj23M7mcFCVBF

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nicolai Larsen

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

Earthling

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2011, 02:21:28 AM

+1 for some kind of reputation score.

Yes, this is something that could be really useful! I agree with OP's points as well Wink

BTC: 1GUH16sneWgKuE1ArXrnYKN3njuherJQi1
Peripeteia

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 04:25:58 AM

I too have been trading on Bitmarket.eu since June and also echo OP's sentiments that it's a good exchange.

+1 also for the suggestion of an automatic email notification that BTC's have been sent in the case of a purchase.

A minor thing, I'd really like to have the option to have the space between numbers and decimals represented as a "." instead of a "," For instance, ten and eighty five BTC would be shown as 10.85 not 10,85. I understand the use of the comma is European practice but it always freaks me out as I'm used to seeing the comma used to separate thousands from hundreds.   Cheesy
elements (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 11:38:38 AM

* push *

I push this thread once since I posted it originally yesterday in the middle of the night (Central Europe).

Should there be no interest by other users: well, I will not push it again.

»A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.« - Douglas Adams
Use the trusted German Bitcoin exchange: https://www.bitcoin.de/de/r/5wcwts
Tips & donations: BTC : 1MAQYNLp2VJ9wWhPYg5BnrbUGzdhGXopZw | CGB: 5bgQivyHJcSWTgvLfVW87Zj23M7mcFCVBF
landscape

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 12:13:39 PM

specially the idea (5) mtgox redeem code payment would be very nice to see.

but my guess is, prices of BTCs at bitmarket.eu would drop significantly in comparsion to the actual ones.
europeans seem to have more money to waste. we gladly buy/sell $1-2 higher ea BTC.

could you also break the $1000/24hr transfer limit from mtgox, if you simply give out redeem codes? then the big players should also find the idea very attractive and give your idea strong support Wink

defxor

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 12:46:03 PM

Agree with all your points - although they're all on top of what's already a great service.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: