Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:31:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Solved]: Removing Secret Question already with an answer.  (Read 266 times)
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:59:47 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2018, 05:52:08 AM by mdayonliner

This is really important for those who has Secret Question already set up in their Account Related Settings page.
Please pay attention and seek for the answer

ImageLoading...
Click here if unable to see image

If we try to change our account password using Secret Question feature then the account gets locked. Ref case: Unlocked account

I am fairly advanced user for online applications. When I create an account with any company/website, I make sure to keep it safe with features like Secret Question/2FA etc. So, I did the same when I created this account. Now, after learning that having the Secret Question answered of an account on BitcoinTalk is risky to get locked, I wanted to remove my Secret Question answer from my account. So I took my steps:

Please advice how do I remove secret question since I already set up one  Undecided[/b][/color]

Can you help me on this (answering) @hilariousandco please.

You're best asking theymos about this.

Now, seems like you are the only person who can help me and the possible other members like me.

How do I remove the Secret Question's answer for my account?

Thanks in advance.

Update: Problem solved

You need to delete everything on both fields (Q&A) > Enter your "Current Password" > Click "Change profile" button.
I had the same thinking but didn't want to mess it up. Would appreciate to know if anyone done the same before. It's over-complicating for me.

Update: Just took the risk and it did work!!!  Grin
I feel good now. Thanks @SFR10

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:40:14 PM

I don't what to touch mine SQ, it's fine like this, I don't think I need to change my password anytime soon and no way to forget it so, but I'll gladly follow the possible discussion here.

What I have learned for my time spent on the forum is that behind every forum "flaw" you see there is a deeper explanation, so I'll be happy to hear /read/ what are the reasons not to be removed.

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:29:40 PM

I think security questions are primarily a bad idea.

As I understand it, hilariousandco is able to unlock these (though don't take my word for it) - so that should be dealt with quite quickly for legitimate cases as he's very efficient normally (for anyone wanting an account unlocked, signing a staked address will probably be enough proof to have your account back in your posession).
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:36:23 PM

I don't what to touch mine SQ, it's fine like this,

I will send you something in your PM then tell me will that worry you (you can reply your feedback here)? I don't want the public to realise it. If they do by themselves then we can not do anything. I am feeling the same insecurity and I am pretty sure you will too.

As I understand it, hilariousandco is able to unlock these (though don't take my word for it) - so that should be dealt with quite quickly for legitimate cases as he's very efficient normally (for anyone wanting an account unlocked, signing a staked address will probably be enough proof to have your account back in your posession).
I know they will but have you considered the amount of time a member will need to wait to get their account back? It's ridiculously lengthy (from the experience of seeing others case around) 

mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:43:04 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2018, 05:47:37 AM by mdayonliner

You need to delete everything on both fields (Q&A) > Enter your "Current Password" > Click "Change profile" button.
I had the same thinking but didn't want to mess it up. Would appreciate to know if anyone done the same before. It's over-complicating for me.

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:10:08 PM

I know they will but have you considered the amount of time a member will need to wait to get their account back? It's ridiculously lengthy (from the experience of seeing others case around) 

I have only seen cases of people needing theymos/Cyrus' help to recover their account. NOT hilariousandco and he seems to go quite quickly as he doesn't have as much of a backlog as theymos does for unlocking accounts.
That's helpful. So all it took was deleting those two fields (did you get a notification as to the change)?
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:33:02 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2018, 04:03:46 PM by mdayonliner

That's helpful. So all it took was deleting those two fields (did you get a notification as to the change)?

No, no notification and nothing. But I tell you what mate, it was really stressful while I was pressing the update button. Head was loaded with doubt LOL  

Update: Locking the topic

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: