Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:29:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: how much of your life savings is invested in BTC?
0% - 23 (7.2%)
less than 10% - 55 (17.2%)
~10% - 26 (8.2%)
~20% - 16 (5%)
~30% - 16 (5%)
~40% - 11 (3.4%)
~50% - 27 (8.5%)
~60% - 9 (2.8%)
~70% - 22 (6.9%)
~80% - 12 (3.8%)
~90% - 45 (14.1%)
100% - 31 (9.7%)
over 100% - 26 (8.2%)
Total Voters: 319

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how much of your life savings is invested in BTC?  (Read 4930 times)
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:47:39 PM

i started in 2011 with just 5%.

in april 2013 i cashed out housing savings plan and went "all in" with 50% of all savings.

since 2nd half of november btc investments grew so much it dwarfed all gold and stock investments and is now at 90%.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:57:46 PM

"How much ... is invested ... ?"  !=  "How much ... did you invest ... ?"
very important distinction

it definitely is, I invested a minuscule portion of my money in 2011 and by now it's grown to be pretty freaking comparable with the rest, even though the rest has grown in that time, too. If bitcoin grows another order of magnitude, I'll have to seriously rebalance.

i am satoshi
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 09:03:23 PM

I was worth $1000 before BTC. So approx 100%.

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
myself
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:07:42 PM

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:16:51 PM

invested around 3% of my savings. Due to the growth in price of Bitcoin and the decline in price of gold and silver (another significant part of my savings) it now represents more than 50%  Cheesy

It's all bullshit. But bullshit makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.
Johnny Bitcoinseed

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Johnny Bitcoinseed

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 09:17:43 PM

if your smart, you first invest in beans, bullets and bandaids.

Enough for you and your family for at least a year.  Three years is better.

ONLY then, invest in Bitcoins, gold, silver, etc.

When the coming crash occurs, you can eat the former.  The later is just wealth preservation.

As for me, maybe 5%.  Which puts me in the top ten K or so.

Most of you won't listen to my advice.  One day in the not too distant future you may be paying all you have for just one meal and then have to beg borrow or steal to stay alive.

Some of you will laugh now, at what I am telling you.  Much as many people are laughing about bitcoin.

Over and out.

Sincerely I am, Johnny BitcoinSeed .com
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:18:20 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2013, 09:28:41 PM by TERA

During the rally I was using margin so 200% of it.

When I first entered bit coin I only used 10% of my savings, but it quickly grew to become 95%.

I just withdrew 4% of my btc money and it tripled my fiat savings back on earth.
piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:28:29 PM

and move away from a large city I must add, as no bullets or bandaids would save you there.

i am satoshi
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:35:41 PM

and move away from a large city I must add, as no bullets or bandaids would save you there.
And western countries. The collapse of social utopias are never peaceful.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Johnny Bitcoinseed

Johnny Bitcoinseed

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 09:40:35 PM

Agreed.  Rural South America looks better and better.  Go south young man, go south.  Chile comes to mind.

humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:43:05 PM

Agreed.  Rural south america looks better and better.  Go south young man, go south.  Chile.

How much does it cost to buy 20 acres there?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Johnny Bitcoinseed

Johnny Bitcoinseed

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 09:43:55 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2013, 09:56:15 PM by Johnny Bitcoinseed

Much cheaper than Europe or USA/Canada.  Get yourself some fertile farmland, hire some hands to manage it.  You will always eat, come what may.

That was the secret of my Grandparents during the Great Depression - lived on a small farm in NH and never went hungry.  Homeless would drop by and ask to split firewood, work in the barn in exchange for a meal and warm place to stay.

Note to city boys: You cannot eat paperwork.  Never disparage a farmer with your mouth full - it is bad manners and reveals your true ignorance as to where your sustenance comes from.

piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:54:33 PM

Chile in fact does look good. That or Australia, depending on the budget.

i am satoshi
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:56:41 PM

Chile in fact does look good. That or Australia, depending on the budget.
Forget australia. Might not look it on the surface, but it will fall with the rest of the west. In fact, I would not want to be anywhere near america, either one of them, when things head south.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Johnny Bitcoinseed

Johnny Bitcoinseed

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 09:56:53 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2013, 10:24:28 PM by Johnny Bitcoinseed

Well one problem with Australia is its proximity to the sleeping giant known as China.

Another advantage to the southern hemisphere is its lack of nuclear power plants.  Imagine a grid down situation in the USA and Europe, where the nuclear power plants go Chernobyl and Fukishima - by the dozens.  An interesting situation to say the least.

If you look at a map of wind patterns, the Northern and Southern Hemispheres of the planet earth do not mix much.

Go south young man, go south.

As for me, I am a relatively old man compared to many of you, in my 50's.  This is my home in these moutains in the USA - I am here to stay and make the best of it.

A word from someone who has lived and seen life: If I were young and full of bitcoins just starting out, I'd go to Chile, buy a farm in the mountains, and start fresh in what is now the freeist country on earth with the greatest potential and natural resources.

note to knuckleheads: no, America USA is NOT the freeist country on earth.  That is soooo twentieth century.

Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:13:25 PM

note to knuckleheads: no, American is NOT the freeist country on earth.  That is soooo twentieth century.
inb4 intro from "the newsroom"
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:24:06 PM

During the rally I was using margin so 200% of it.

When I first entered bit coin I only used 10% of my savings, but it quickly grew to become 95%.

I just withdrew 4% of my btc money and it tripled my fiat savings back on earth.

Well I didn't have any savings but I borrowed a bit off some people and some banks (interest free overdraft), bought a bunch of BTC at £40 and spent about a british grand on a mining rig a few months later. I voted 100% - Although I didn't use "savings", I was looking at the process as an investment, and lived quite basically for a while to repay the debts.

I'm doing OK. Wish I'd accumulated some more when I was actively using them at £5-10, but I count myself lucky after reading some of the horror stories of lost coin stashes etc...
Shermo

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:24:53 PM

I went all in a bit back, now my Bitcoins are worth about the same as half my current capital in my mortgage Shocked
snakebit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:32:46 PM

Agreed.  Rural South America looks better and better.  Go south young man, go south.  Chile comes to mind.

Funny you said that...I've been looking at Chile myself. I even suggested it here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=354227.0

I'm very impressed with Chile so far. It's the new first-world country. Modern roads, low taxes, clean water, good sanitation, almost any climate you can imagine from desert to rainforest. California upside down.
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:42:05 PM

Agreed.  Rural South America looks better and better.  Go south young man, go south.  Chile comes to mind.

Funny you said that...I've been looking at Chile myself. I even suggested it here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=354227.0

I'm very impressed with Chile so far. It's the new first-world country. Modern roads, low taxes, clean water, good sanitation, almost any climate you can imagine from desert to rainforest. California upside down.

California upside-down but with comparable, if not better wine  Wink

Sounds good, I fancy living off the grid somewhere someday, Chile would be a nice choice. Good surfing too!!

mmmm Glassy clean Chilean point break lines > dirty Silk Road lines  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: