Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:40:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do Red Fury USB ASIC's work with Scrypt?  (Read 2330 times)
CryptoMine (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:22:55 PM

I bought 2x Red Fury USB ASIC's (2.2Gh/s each) and have been working for the past 8 hours trying to get them working with both cgminer and bfgminer but with no luck!

cgminer will not accept the --scrypt argument at all (even when downgrading to 3.7.2 and using the --enable-scrypt argument when installing)

I have a Raspberry Pi on Rasparian - Installed all the dependencies and stuff, all installations go fine.

When I try to run an SHA-256 based pool it works fine, but when I attempt to run a Scrypt-based pool I get blocks rejected (obviously because I'm trying to run SHA on a Scrypt pool, understandable)

It's the same story on Windows too - So you guys are my last resort! I have exhausted Google/Bitcointalk searches..

So my question is, do these ASIC's work with Scrypt pools/Solo-mine's - If so, how do I set it up?
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:23:39 PM

I bought 2x Red Fury USB ASIC's (2.2Gh/s each) and have been working for the past 8 hours trying to get them working with both cgminer and bfgminer but with no luck!

cgminer will not accept the --scrypt argument at all (even when downgrading to 3.7.2 and using the --enable-scrypt argument when installing)

I have a Raspberry Pi on Rasparian - Installed all the dependencies and stuff, all installations go fine.

When I try to run an SHA-256 based pool it works fine, but when I attempt to run a Scrypt-based pool I get blocks rejected (obviously because I'm trying to run SHA on a Scrypt pool, understandable)

It's the same story on Windows too - So you guys are my last resort! I have exhausted Google/Bitcointalk searches..

So my question is, do these ASIC's work with Scrypt pools/Solo-mine's - If so, how do I set it up?

No. They are designed to hash SHA-256 only.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:26:40 PM

It's just not possible.  You're just as likely to use --gold and start mining actual gold with it.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
ManicMeddler

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:36:27 PM

your best option imo is : mine most profitable coin WITH ASIC SUPPORT point your ASIC miner here  https://www.multipool.us/

just an option

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: