Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:42:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens if traditional bankers kidnaps Bitcoin ?  (Read 2516 times)
jones31

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:51:12 PM

You can't buy something that is not for sale.
If they will try to buy all the bitcoins they will end up paying trilions and at that point bitcoin will be useless , cause nobody can use it anymore since there is only one person holding them all.

Rinse and repeat with next coin.

Interesting point. so there is no point in owning too many bitcoins. Doing so will just be shooting yourself in the foot. The wealth needs to be distributed equally. Unfortunately we have a ton of greedy early adopters who are still holding their coins because they want more than the half mil or mil they already made. This will destroy bitcoin.

So it was seemingly designed to prevent this, with the limit on it, and it will eventually collapse when too many people are holding too many coins as the coins will get little use in a such a scenario.

Maybe what Im getting here is bitcoin 101? I've I knew more maybe I would have held on to the four thousand bitcoins I had a two years ago. !@#$

If all the people are keeping their bitcoins and no one spends them , Yes , we might have a problem.
But most of the early adopters are the ones actually using them for buying stuff. It's the newbies that get their hands one 1 BTC and store it so next years they will buy a Ferrari with it. Or a Lambo , since it's the new trend.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:20:05 PM

If they will try to buy all the bitcoins they will end up paying trilions and at that point bitcoin will be useless , cause nobody can use it anymore since there is only one person holding them all.

Interesting point. so there is no point in owning too many bitcoins. Doing so will just be shooting yourself in the foot. The wealth needs to be distributed equally. Unfortunately we have a ton of greedy early adopters who are still holding their coins because they want more than the half mil or mil they already made. This will destroy bitcoin.

So it was seemingly designed to prevent this, with the limit on it, and it will eventually collapse when too many people are holding too many coins as the coins will get little use in a such a scenario.

Maybe what Im getting here is bitcoin 101? I've I knew more maybe I would have held on to the four thousand bitcoins I had a two years ago. !@#$

If all the people are keeping their bitcoins and no one spends them , Yes , we might have a problem.
But most of the early adopters are the ones actually using them for buying stuff. It's the newbies that get their hands one 1 BTC and store it so next years they will buy a Ferrari with it. Or a Lambo , since it's the new trend.

Eventually the early adopters will cashout at $1000-1500 levels, everyone needs returns to their investments at some point of time.

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
jones31

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:33:04 PM

Eventually the early adopters will cashout at $1000-1500 levels, everyone needs returns to their investments at some point of time.

You realize that most early adopters got their coins at <2$.
They need to cash out less that 0.2% of their stash to get even based on the actual price.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 11:35:51 PM

Let's say the traditional bankers start buying large amounts of bitcoins and they success in keeping almost all of them.

Now... for what purpose they would keep it, to kidnap it, avoid bitcoin flowing and therefore destroy it. Thay way they are rescuing value on the traditional money (dollars, euro, yens, etc) that will continue flowing.

Is there any way this beast named Bitcoin can escape from such situation ?

Like the movie Dune stated... "The spice must flow"
Yes, make everyone who holds Bitcoin rich, that'll teach them.

This is basically impossible. The more they try to buy all the Bitcoins, the higher the price gets. They have to keep paying more and more money to keep buying and everyone else who holds Bitcoins gets rich as the price goes up.

The second they try to sell, the price tanks. They lose a fortune. And Bitcoin is fine.

This business model has been tried before and everyone who has attempted it has lost millions, or even billions.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:16:14 AM

Shit, I wish they would try to buy them all. I'd sell my first btc at 10 million $ and move on to the next coin.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:36:25 AM

I guess it will be much easier to send some money to congress men and try to pass a law to forbid it

Siegfried

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:58:30 AM

Let's say the traditional bankers start buying large amounts of bitcoins and they success in keeping almost all of them.

Now... for what purpose they would keep it, to kidnap it, avoid bitcoin flowing and therefore destroy it. Thay way they are rescuing value on the traditional money (dollars, euro, yens, etc) that will continue flowing.

This is basically impossible. The more they try to buy all the Bitcoins, the higher the price gets. They have to keep paying more and more money to keep buying and everyone else who holds Bitcoins gets rich as the price goes up.

The second they try to sell, the price tanks. They lose a fortune. And Bitcoin is fine.

This business model has been tried before and everyone who has attempted it has lost millions, or even billions.

What if they don't sell, they use it as currency to buy things? That's what the main purpose of bitcoin was in the first place, right?
jones31

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:10:01 AM

What if they don't sell, they use it as currency to buy things? That's what the main purpose of bitcoin was in the first place, right?

GOD!!!! This thread was started as an assumption they will buy all the bitcoins!
You realize that you're asking just , what if they don't do what this thread is about?
Guess the answer , it won't change anything to the situation we have right now.
Siegfried

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:46:59 AM

GOD!!!! This thread was started as an assumption they will buy all the bitcoins!
You realize that you're asking just , what if they don't do what this thread is about?
Guess the answer , it won't change anything to the situation we have right now.

Looking back, I think I accidentally posted that in the wrong thread. Sorry. I actually agree with the position that an attempt by banks to buy up all the bitcoins would fail for the reasons mentioned above.
qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:03:46 AM

Even if the Banks tried to monopolize BTC..They can't kill the idea behind it and as long as the idea behind it flourishes and take root many alt coins will follow and help BTC along even if it does become scarcer and also like one member pointed out..there are many miners still mining that will keep it for their pensions and their kid's kids lol. Smiley
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 05:42:35 AM

Those manipulating Bitcoin are smarter than that. They buy slow enough to not push up the price (or quickly in selloffs) then pump it up in the media, then sell into the rush of new fools, then repurchase on the dip. They will do this all the way up and then as the masses come rushing in, they will sell out entirely.

Only fools will be left holding the bag at the end.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
sgdias (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:52:41 PM

Yes, I agree with you. I think it's pretty clear.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: