Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:41:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IxCoin is a SCAM  (Read 18471 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 07:56:35 PM

I am not necessarily pro-Ixcoin or anything but I will tell you the trait that will keep it here to stay is simple.  It helps further the cause for anonymity that a significant portion of the early adopters of BTC believed was there... what will happen is people will be shifting their money in and out of NMC, IxC etc.  They will still be making sales and purchases in BTC for blackmarket goods and currency laundering but now they can add several levels of complexity in tracking what they are doing... can it be tracked? yes, but it is just that much harder now.  That is what will keep IxC here to stay so if you don't like it fine, but just be aware as long as there will at minimum be that use it will be around as a viable and exchanged currency.

A later use will likely be to double the liquidity of crypto currency, this value will be seen much later when BTC prices start to get too high, i.e. when 1 BTC is enough to say buy a car etc.  since there will be many more IxCs on the market by then it will likely be picked up for much smaller transactions until it too reaches 1 to 1 ish parity with BTC.

theoretically, that will never happen, there are far more ixcoin than bit coin, almost double

Currently you are wrong.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 08:01:44 PM

theoretically, that will never happen, there are far more ixcoin than bit coin, almost double

Did I miss something?  I thought IxC also capped at 21 million?...

wait, i was thinking of something else, but for the time being, there will be far more, but your right it does cap at 21 million.

Anonymous

August 12, 2011, 08:36:44 PM

As miners drop off from bitcoin they will move to alternative blockchains thus increasing the return for highly efficient bitcoin miners. You can thank ixcoin and other blockchains for that.
ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 08:43:56 PM

As miners drop off from bitcoin they will move to alternative blockchains thus increasing the return for highly efficient bitcoin miners. You can thank ixcoin and other blockchains for that.

not really, you still get the same amount, in theory. when people leave bitcoin, its value will drop.

mizerydearia

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 08:52:32 PM

I'm quite surprised the original poster referenced it as IxCoin instead of the correct Ixcoin, just like Bitcoin is correct and BitCoin is incorrect.  Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, wtfevarz!
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 10:25:36 PM

Ixcoin would be a good giveaway for a business, like a gift certificate. Maybe you should approach some business to buy them as a promotion.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 11:23:01 PM

Right now, no merchants that I know of will accept IxCoins...no exchanges that I know of will trade IxCoins, there are no tools that let me see up to the minute values, charts, graphs or get real time trade information.

In the two days since Ixcoin's introduction, there's already an exchange (which compares very decently in BTC volume to other early exchanges), a pool, two blockexplorers in the works www.ixcoin.net and www.ixcoin.info. There are also several people working on charts. Note these are all independent initiatives.

So, because other people are complicit in your scam, it is legitimized? You 'paid' people your scamcoins to get those services created.

Long Con
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 11:30:57 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2011, 11:48:18 PM by jackjack

Right now, no merchants that I know of will accept IxCoins...no exchanges that I know of will trade IxCoins, there are no tools that let me see up to the minute values, charts, graphs or get real time trade information.

In the two days since Ixcoin's introduction, there's already an exchange (which compares very decently in BTC volume to other early exchanges), a pool, two blockexplorers in the works www.ixcoin.net and www.ixcoin.info. There are also several people working on charts. Note these are all independent initiatives.

So, because other people are complicit in your scam, it is legitimized?
Of course!
Look at Madoff!

Oh wait...

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 11:35:18 PM

Take this with a grain of salt, but there is one use case where ixcoins/namecoins/forkcoins or any other spin off that has an automated exchange with enough volume can fit, and that's laundering... wait, did I say laundering? I meant anonymizing Smiley

But we already have that for btc, right? What was it called again? MtGox?
indio007

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 01:36:31 AM

What's next ? bitcoin to ixcoin and back repo's agreements ?
caston

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2011, 03:19:10 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2011, 03:53:35 AM by caston

Yeah I was really looking for a new block chain project to get involved in and I didn't find out about this project until it was yesterdays news. I then jumped in and lost money. Just before this happened though I got into devcoin after trying out groupcoin and won some "bounties" almost instantly and before I knew it I was recruited to be a purser without really knowing what it meant. I then tried to build up  a devcoin community hoping it would be such a really awesome and exciting project. I setup forums to it and tried to suggest changes that would help everyone make a profit from it. All I did was end up pissing off the developers. I was so emotional from the fallout of that and feeling sorry for myself I missed out on ixcoin at the crucial time. FML

If I had of done things differently I could be out of debt now. Instead I wonder what to do next and hopefully won't screw up next time. If people do want to start a new blockchain though please PM me so I have a bit of a chance.

This is the first post I made in the devcoin thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=24813.msg422960#msg422960

Here are the forums I ended up making http://www.devcointalk.org

Here is the other thread where my efforts just ending up "pissing off the developers"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34586.msg439754#msg439754

As you can see my life is a comedy of errors.

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
amincd

Activity: 772
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 03:52:36 AM

A clone of bitcoin is completely useless. The point of currency is to store value, so attempts to reboot the value people have reduces consumers' confidence in peer-to-peer currency. By all means, people should feel free to get involved in it, but I won't out of principle.
caston

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2011, 03:56:48 AM

A clone of bitcoin is completely useless. The point of currency is to store value, so attempts to reboot the value people have reduces consumers' confidence in peer-to-peer currency. By all means, people should feel free to get involved in it, but I won't out of principle.

As opposed to the slow and steady loss of value due to inflation? I don't know which is better pump and dump with increasing value in the long or steady loss of value in the long term.

amincd

Activity: 772
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 04:00:17 AM

I'm not suggesting fiat currencies are better, just that contributions to the main block chain are better for peer-to-peer currency than constant attempts to reboot it.
caston

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2011, 04:03:39 AM

I'm not suggesting fiat currencies are better, just that contributions to the main block chain are better for peer-to-peer currency than constant attempts to reboot it.

I don't know how we can stop it though. I still want to start another one at some point.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 05:51:23 AM

I don't know how we can stop it though. I still want to start another one at some point.

Please start one and let me know I'll help you mine.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 06:05:38 PM

Ixcoin is almost a big a scam as Bitcoin.  At least people don't actually lose real money with Ixcoin.  It's just a matter of time before the governments of the world crack down on these sham "currencies".

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 06:09:34 PM

Ixcoin is almost a big a scam as Bitcoin.  At least people don't actually lose real money with Ixcoin.  It's just a matter of time before the governments of the world crack down on these sham "currencies".
Was that fun to post? Did you enjoy posting that? Did it give you pleasure to post that? Did that, huh? Oh you are so clever, Tomatocage. How's that working out for you? Being clever, that is.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Tx2000

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 06:15:14 PM

People lost money reading your post. Re: medical bill from having to bash head against wall.
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2011, 06:26:39 PM

Don't you worry, people will lose "real" money with ixcoins too..soon. Just you wait now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: