Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:45:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bear Trend Forming on 4 Hour Chart?  (Read 3194 times)
MatTheCat (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:45:50 PM

Looks to me like we have the start of a bear trend forming on the longer term 4 hour chart.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This would seem reasonable to me, as Bitcoin has shot up very very fast, we have had a double top, and now a strong correction from a recovery that fell well short of the top, and a bounce from that which looks to be falling well short of the recovery target of around $980 on Bitstamp.

Perhaps we are entering another 'traders market' for the next few months, as seen post April 2013?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
fr33d0miz3r

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:51:26 PM

Agreed.
And the today's recent selloff broke the support provided by 2-, 5-, 10- and 14-day EMAs again.

Edward50

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:18:30 PM

Yup, it is looking very weak for bitcoin right now.

It never made sense to me that it rose back up to $1000 so fast. It should really be sub-500.

This recent recovery was a very weak low volume recovery.

Too many people are cashing out and they do it slowly to make sure the exchanges don't rob their bitcoins. There is no way that the demand for $1000 bitcoins is there to cash out all these people.

Think about it $1000 bitcoins, crazy.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:35:07 PM

Perhaps people need cash for Christmas right now?  I would think that December would be a slow month for Bitcoin anyways.

$1000 per coin is nothing compared to what it could be.

I am sure everyone thought $10 a coin was high, then $100 was considered a dream.  Now that seems cheap.  The same thing will happen to $1000. 

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:13:45 PM

Perhaps people need cash for Christmas right now?  I would think that December would be a slow month for Bitcoin anyways.

I am sure everyone thought $10 a coin was high, then $100 was considered a dream.  Now that seems cheap.  The same thing will happen to $1000. 

I think more along the lines off:

"Perhaps if the average price of Bitcoins being held in wallets is less than $100, then now that the surge of buying power has clearly subsided, it is going to become more and more clear to holders of BTC that now is the time to cash out."

This is not the end of Bitcoin, far from it, but definitely looks to me like a period of consolidation at best, and bear trending at worst. Perhaps the low (currently $546) is actually not yet in?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:16:48 PM

I have been bearish since the start of this month. Buying in the crashes, of course; but maybe selling a bit too quickly. Catching the top and bottom is always much tougher than spotting trends.

sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:20:41 PM

Just because something has happened earlier doesn't mean it will keep happening.

I do believe we will break the current ATH, but not as soon as most hear think it would be. There is also that doom-and-gloom scenario predicted by EWT worshippers (which I am quite skeptical about, more out of greed than anything, tbh).

Hfertig

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:03:06 PM

We are in a bear market. The volume above 1000 was thin. Lots of people are sitting on paper profits. Bulls at this current level will learn the same lesson as the bulls did in the previous two crashes. I don´t believe that 546 was the low. Sorry, but greed is not selling to protect profits, it is sitting on massive profits and being greedy for more.
Rygon

Activity: 520

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:16:16 PM

December was a slow month last year too, with price drifting lower. There are probably enough bitcoiners out there who are cashing out a little bit to pay for the holidays that the price is going lower. I expect things to pick back up in February and March, much like last year. The positive news lately hasn't been lifting up the price as much as we'd expect specifically because most newcomers are too busy around the holidays to do their research. Some folks could be more likely to sell in December instead of January because of tax reasons.
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:22:00 PM

December was a slow month last year too, with price drifting lower. There are probably enough bitcoiners out there who are cashing out a little bit to pay for the holidays that the price is going lower. I expect things to pick back up in February and March, much like last year. The positive news lately hasn't been lifting up the price as much as we'd expect specifically because most newcomers are too busy around the holidays to do their research. Some folks could be more likely to sell in December instead of January because of tax reasons.

Tax? January?

My tax year runs from April to April m8.

I am not sure when the Chinese (by far the main market for Btc these days) pay their taxes either.

Hfertig

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:37:07 PM

Tax? January?

I am not sure when the Chinese (by far the main market for Btc these days) pay their taxes either.

that´s only iin the uk m8.... most other counties tax years go from jan till dec.
Rygon

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:41:57 PM

Tax? January?

Yeah, I can only speculate from the US side, where the tax year runs Jan to Dec. The USD volume in BTC is still about 50%, combined Gox and Bitstamp. I'd say that's pretty equal with the Chinese, even though BTCChina has the single largest exchange.
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:52:57 PM

Yeah, I can only speculate from the US side, where the tax year runs Jan to Dec. The USD volume in BTC is still about 50%, combined Gox and Bitstamp. I'd say that's pretty equal with the Chinese, even though BTCChina has the single largest exchange.

m8, folks from all across the world are buying and selling BTC in US dollars because that is the currency of the main exchanges, not because we all have to pay taxes to the US government.

Rygon

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:56:52 PM

m8, folks from all across the world are buying and selling BTC in US dollars because that is the currency of the main exchanges, not because we all have to pay taxes to the US government.

Ah, good point. Smiley
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:09:10 PM

We are in a bear market.
[...]
I don´t believe that 546 was the low.
[...]

You, Sir, are violating a very important rule on this forum  Grin

Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:31:22 PM

Bulls at this current level will learn the same lesson as the bulls did in the previous two crashes.

I'm a bit dull, could you just tell me the lesson so I don't have to wait until I learn it on my own?

You will learn that after "crash", you have at least same amount of Bitcoin if no more and not only half. :-)
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:39:53 PM

I'm a bit dull, could you just tell me the lesson so I don't have to wait until I learn it on my own?

Sell now, buy back in at inevitably lower prices like I am doing.

Hope that helps clear things up for you.

humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:41:09 PM

Not one China chart? Cool analysis bros.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:49:42 PM

So... you want me to risk trusting an exchange, force myself to deal with tax issues (along with foreign account issues), and convert my bitcoins into something I despise (money that is controlled by the few for their own benefit), in hopes that I beat the odds (most speculators lose) and will be able to purchase more bitcoins in the future?

Fuck that. I'll just buy more with whatever fiat I happen to find during a crash.

Hooray for the 'buy in at any price crowd'.

Afterall, there has got to be someone to buy out our bad bets.

Now if you don't mind, I will place you on ignore. you haven't insulted me or anything like that, its just that I figure that if I can slowly block out all the brain damage merchants polluting this place, this forum section might just be a place where one can glean insight and good advice.

sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:54:21 PM

I find it best to block everyone that doesn't share my world view, lest it hurts my fragile ego ...

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: