Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:59:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 200,000 people apply to be first to live on Mars  (Read 7525 times)
Nortan12rx

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Nordway

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:22:00 PM

i want too on mars..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
February 14, 2020, 12:35:33 AM

Anybody who lives in the big city is used to this already.

Reality Check: There's No Camping on Mars

Last week, while my friend Steven and I rode up a ski lift at Winter Park Colorado, I shared my latest book by astronaut Scott Kelly:  Endurance: A  Year in Space—A Lifetime of Discovery.  He spent a year on the International Space Station.  He lived the most time in space of any American.  This week, Christina Koch returned from 328 days in space—the longest for an American woman.   I can't wait to read her book.

Last year, I visited the Kennedy Space Center with a real-life simulation of blasting off to space.  Talk about thrilling!  It chronicled our space exploration from John Glenn to Neil Armstrong standing on the moon.   My wife Sandi and I enjoyed a thrilling day of the NASA space program.

In the autumn, I watched Brad Pitt in Ad Astra, a space movie where he flies to the moon. From there, he blasts off to Mars in search of his father who suffered a bout of 'space-craziness'.

The entire movie showed humans crammed into spaceships that landed on concrete bunkers on the moon.  Everywhere: computers, steel, concrete and glass!  The bunkers showed pictures of waterfalls, grassy fields and animals to help the astronauts feel more at home.  But in reality, the moon remained barren, cold and dead.  When Pitt blasted off to Mars, he landed on a cold, lifeless and indolent piece of rock known as Mars.  On Mars, the same concrete, steel and glass! 

The movie SO depressed me that I walked out of it.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Negotiation

Activity: 1036
Merit: 259

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2020, 12:52:27 PM

That's great opportunity for a mankind to explore the planet. Man, I wish I could be on of those 200,000 lucky guys.

That's great news but I don't think it will take long before 200,000 people can apply to Mars first   It is only planned and can change many times  Boy and girl can have both no difference It will depend on the application and how many people will consider it correct.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
exemplaar

Activity: 978
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 11:44:11 PM

CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
February 16, 2020, 01:08:31 AM

the dead planet no , we can't survive there

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2020, 02:08:50 AM

You make a big ado about nothing. All Mars is, is some of the waters that God placed above the expanse in verse 6. They happened to have dried out over the 7.5 thousand years that the earth has been here. So, Mars is really Earth-above-the-expanse.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Subbir

Activity: 812
Merit: 104

🎄 Allah is The Best Planner 🥀

View Profile
February 16, 2020, 04:02:14 AM

With 200,000 people applying to be the primary on Mars i feel that's a totally wrong thing. Why people would want to travel to Mongolia isn't yet habitable for people just like the world. Scientists have long been proven wrong in researching this There people will get something just like the present world nobody wants to go away their family. therein case Mars must be made liveable before animals so humans are ready to go It still takes an extended time to try to to this.

iamsheikhadil

Activity: 1022
Merit: 133

View Profile
February 16, 2020, 03:24:21 PM

They are not pioneers rather prisoners lmao. Why would anyone really wanna live and die in a planet made of nothing else but red mud lolmao. You will not even get internet signals there, so living with a limited amount of food without choice, artificial oxygen, and always risk of something fatal. No more updates or progress with the rest of the world, no much human interaction. I would not even go there if I suffer from cancer.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
February 16, 2020, 11:36:06 PM

That's great opportunity for a mankind to explore the planet. Man, I wish I could be on of those 200,000 lucky guys.

The 200,000 lucky guys (and girls btw) were the applicants.

"On December 30, 2013, Mars One announces the selection of the candidates from the applicant pool of over 200,000 hoping to establish human life on Martian soil. Mars One co-founder Bas Lansdorp describes the remaining 1058 candidates as our first tangible glimpse into what the new human settlement will truly look like."

Source: Mars One announces Round 2 Astronaut Selection Results

The lucky ones will take the journey to Mars in teams of four starting with 2024. Every two years a new crew will depart. At least that is the plan now.

Rather than be skeptical, let's talk about betting odds on whether this happens.

Lay your BTC down.
samson707

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 07:42:34 PM

Would you like to live on Mars? Fly to where you know no one. Start from scratch. It is not easy to change jobs, hobbies and the way to your favorite stadium. This is a WORK! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
dvmmayowa

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 10:40:29 PM

Mars like i heard is also suitable for humans and other living organism too but the big question remains that are we really ready for that yet? How do people cope without gravitational force? Without going too deep, i think its imppossible for humans to do without gravity.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 01:31:57 PM

Mars like i heard is also suitable for humans and other living organism too but the big question remains that are we really ready for that yet? How do people cope without gravitational force? Without going too deep, i think its imppossible for humans to do without gravity.

Mars has about a third of the gravity that Earth has. If you weigh 198 pounds on Earth, you would weigh about 66 pounds on Mars.

Because the Mars atmosphere is so small and thin, there is little protection from cosmic rays. This means that any microbes in the soil of Mars would be killed off by radiation. Why is this important? Metallic minerals are poison to plants that try to grow in them. Plants need microbes to turn the soil into ionic minerals of the kind that they can absorb to live. Plants won't grow on Mars. If they DO grow on Mars, it will be because the microbes are brought in, and are protected from the radiation somehow.

Mars is a hostile environment to people. It will take many years to make Mars habitable for people so that they can live out in the open. With the technology that we have, it might be impossible. People would have to live in biospheres to start. Here on Earth, we haven't had much long-term success with biospheres, so how could we ever live with them on Mars?

Cool

Negotiation

Activity: 1036
Merit: 259

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2020, 11:00:22 AM

I also think this is impossible because it is not possible for ordinary people to go to Mars so easily Gravity can never be inhabited by animals Scientists went to Mars with a rocket but they returned from human life to live there.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███