Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:46:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 200,000 people apply to be first to live on Mars  (Read 7525 times)
zeeshanblc

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:58:38 AM

Live on mars will be hardship. I don't see how anyone want to live there. Suicidal tendencies everywhere...

yep. a one way flight has 100% suicidal tendencies...but somehow it would bring mankind a step further...hard to judge  Lips sealed

i would like to see them back on earth...and also it should be professional astronauts.

With proper training this can be averted. The same training employed by spys and secret service to take torture and being prison alone for many months.

Actually that's a good idea: spies and secret service agents should be the first to go to Mars for the good of mankind  Wink

I nominate nsa, cia, fbi ,fsb/kgb and mossads should go to mars for betterment of mankind.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kaligulax

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 03:02:18 PM

When we lift off... Smiley
I'm ready for flight
to do moon... hmmm
to do maaarsss... Cheesy

1FxCUCAij9FT9fXQSqYHHMiaELhRTAhui6
Kiki112

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:48:24 PM

The only way we're going to mars is after Doge reaches the moon Cheesy

toxique

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:50:49 AM

Mars doesn't have the basic elements in quantities sufficient to support life
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:25:49 AM

Actually Mars have all elements to support life. The only hindrance is our will to discover it.

Kiki112

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:04:57 PM

it has ice, that might mean there is liquid water underneath it..
which might contain life Smiley

we humans jump to conclusion if there is no life on the surface, there is no life Cheesy

Kaligulax

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:21:33 PM

Before few eons we have come to Earth from Venus. Now is the time to step away. Mars we come to you.   Roll Eyes

u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:29:14 PM

Before few eons we have come to Earth from Venus. Now is the time to step away. Mars we come to you.   Roll Eyes

Why from Venus? I seem to have missed that episode...  Tongue
bythesea

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:39:37 PM

On i think he meant that only girls came from Venus, if I remember right boys came from Mars Sad
Kaligulax

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:01:05 PM

On i think he meant that only girls came from Venus, if I remember right boys came from Mars Sad

No... i didnt mean that....
Venus is Earth sister... before many, many years Venus look like Earth.. but how sun heats up, Venus become to hot... and maybe, just maybe we were the inhabitants of Venus just like now we are the inhabitants of Earth... and just like now, then we look at Earth like now we look at Mars...

Kiki112

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:12:38 AM

No... i didnt mean that....
Venus is Earth sister... before many, many years Venus look like Earth.. but how sun heats up, Venus become to hot... and maybe, just maybe we were the inhabitants of Venus just like now we are the inhabitants of Earth... and just like now, then we look at Earth like now we look at Mars...

highly unlikely, if we somehow got from Venus to Earth wouldn't we bring some knowledge and technology with us?

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3064

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 04:52:28 PM

Venus overheated because it never lost its initial CO2 like earth did.  I can't remember the reason, but I do remember watching a TV show about Venus.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:09:33 PM

This is coming from Fox News, worst news channel ever. O

In case people actually go to Mars, think bout this

What happens if one of the people has a quickly spreading disease?

How will they get food to live there? You can't grow food on Mars at all.

How will they get water? Any food or water will eventually run out, and it'll take years for a Space Shuttle to travel from Earth to Mars and supply food

And the biggest statement/question is, It's impossible for people to live on Mars at this time. If a human were to go on Mars, he'd eventually freeze to death because of the very cold temperatures, plus it's impossible to breathe on Mars, they'd have to wear spacesuits for the rest of their lives. Again, Fox Five surprises me on their stupidity.

It's also impossible to live on Venus because the average temperate is over 800 degrees Fahrenheit. You'd actually melt the moment you reach Venus's atmosphere. Melt or burst into flames.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:26:43 PM

I don't see why this project is not feasible. All it needs is a proper budget and help from scientist all around the world......

Right now we have the technology to  terraform mars to make it livable for our species 100 from now all its needs is our united political will.

No, terraforming Mars does not appear practical.  It lacks a magnetic core, hence cannot generate the radiation belts that route the solar wind around the planet.  This means the atmosphere continually breaks down and the UV goes straight thru.

On Mars there's a problem that most people are not aware of:
Dust
It will get everywhere.
And from time to time there will be a big dust storm that covers the whole Mars and will last for weeks.
That means no solar power.

And that dust is apparently strongly oxidizing, in other words it kills you.

Venus overheated because it never lost its initial CO2 like earth did.  I can't remember the reason, but I do remember watching a TV show about Venus.
Venus is covered in sulfur clouds, and the pressure at the surface is something like 1500 psi, so CO2 is something like a liquid.  Plus it's closer to the sun, so it is basically one big hell.

Actually Mars have all elements to support life. The only hindrance is our will to discover it.
I am not sure about the trace elements, but yeah it has C-N-O-CO2.  It should support life, if we created a decent pressurized environment with internal lighting in the right spectral ranges.  This could use about a hundred years of testing though...
botija

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:11:34 PM

Venus overheated because it never lost its initial CO2 like earth did.  I can't remember the reason, but I do remember watching a TV show about Venus.

Forget Venus, who's the guy in your avatar? It's so hot.
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 09:48:09 PM

Do someone here applied to go live on MARS?

What are the real chances of the mission happening?

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 10:14:26 AM

How will they get water? Any food or water will eventually run out, and it'll take years for a Space Shuttle to travel from Earth to Mars and supply food

And the biggest statement/question is, It's impossible for people to live on Mars at this time. If a human were to go on Mars, he'd eventually freeze to death because of the very cold temperatures, plus it's impossible to breathe on Mars, they'd have to wear spacesuits for the rest of their lives. Again, Fox Five surprises me on their stupidity.

It's also impossible to live on Venus because the average temperate is over 800 degrees Fahrenheit. You'd actually melt the moment you reach Venus's atmosphere. Melt or burst into flames.

Wow...the way your mind works. Do you think we will just fly in with a spaceship, get some wood and build a frame house and move in?

Do people on submarines drown? Or freeze to death from the cold? It's impossible to breath underwater, people would have to wear SCUBA gear for the rest of their lives.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:22:24 PM

Are you allergic to anything news with the word "fox" in it? No problemo  Grin Grin

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/10/tech/innovation/mars-one-plan/

https://www.mars-one.com/news/press-releases/over-200000-apply-to-first-ever-recruitment-for-mars-settlement

http://rt.com/news/mars-one-applicants-selected-039/

http://www.infowars.com/200000-people-apply-to-be-first-to-live-on-mars/

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-09/more-200000-people-sign-die-mars

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/02/us-mars-humans-idUSBREA010N620140102

Garryashas

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:32:36 PM

That's great opportunity for a mankind to explore the planet. Man, I wish I could be on of those 200,000 lucky guys.
txbt

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:58:18 PM

That's great opportunity for a mankind to explore the planet. Man, I wish I could be on of those 200,000 lucky guys.

The 200,000 lucky guys (and girls btw) were the applicants.

"On December 30, 2013, Mars One announces the selection of the candidates from the applicant pool of over 200,000 hoping to establish human life on Martian soil. Mars One co-founder Bas Lansdorp describes the remaining 1058 candidates as our first tangible glimpse into what the new human settlement will truly look like."

Source: Mars One announces Round 2 Astronaut Selection Results

The lucky ones will take the journey to Mars in teams of four starting with 2024. Every two years a new crew will depart. At least that is the plan now.

1WXXstjXvsfV1U2wSVwDACqqYrpK12W3g
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: