Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:45:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: A cryptocurrency with volatility can't be used as money  (Read 34002 times)
BitProCoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:00:22 PM

Volatility is the major complain governments are having again bitcoin outside scamming activities! Price has to be stable if governments who is the major player can adopt cryptocurrencies.
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:38:29 AM

cryptocurrency is more or less  an asset rather than a money we can expect more public acceptance to be called as currency as of now it is store of asset
I do agree it is more of an asset rather than a medium of exchange. And by the way not all the countries have legalized and accepted it as well so cannot be used through out the world. But I do not think the volatility in the crypto currency hinders its ability to be used as money and for general transaction. If you look at the currency of your country in terms of dollar, there is also fluctuation but not so regular and you can use the currency for as money.
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:08:51 AM

The bitcoin shouldn't be used as a a classic currency anyway, do you buy your bread or your coffee with gold?
Moreover that's true that the volatility of the cryptocurrency makes it actually unsuitable to be a real currency that your shops could accept.

In some country like japan, we can using bitcoin as payment in restaurant. But i prefer using fiat money for payment because its more practice and bitcoin is too valuable if we are using for payment

Crypto coins are very volatile which is not good to use for payment because it has potential to grow more and buy lot of things. Small earners might want to use fiat for payment because that can be use to invest for more possibilities though there are some stores that accepts crypto as payment and the government make it legal currency, everyone keeps it as their assets.

shelimy

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:28:40 PM

the volatility of the market will affect cryptocurrency and it might be the reason for bitcoins not to be used as a fiat for every country but the advantage is that, the volatility will can be used in order to earn more profit.
TN0904950

Activity: 117
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:52:47 PM

if you buy a shirt for primary cost and then when it goes down then you have to sell it in low cost, in loss. How can it be reliable then.

I think Bitcoin's volatility has been affected or felt much in the Stock / Market and not on Physical assets like Estate. Therefore, cryptocurrency can be used as money at any given period.
You somehow try to get into trouble to ponder here about Bitcoin volatility. But thinking about it critically, you should be able to understand that the price of Bitcoin in which an estate is purchased does not really affect the physical value of the estate in the future. Because real estate will be rewarded later with either Appreciation or Depreciation based on the ongoing economic situation.
Aristus

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:58:53 PM

I'm just reading an article in the newspaper. Klaus W. Wellershoff (a last chief in UBS Bank) says that's impossible to use a currency with volatility as money. If the value of the money decrease, that means the value of the merchandise decrease. For example : if you buy a flat with bitcoin and few years later the bitcoin value decrease... Your flat lose his value as well.

What do you think about this argument?
This  volatility is just happening because crypto currency in this present time is decentralized. Since it is decentralized there is no regulation to stop the issue and it will only be solve if government will be part of it. I mean if government will create thier own cryptocurrency then volatility is not happening on that particular crypto currency.
embargo

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:22:17 PM

As money, everything that has a price can be used. The fact that the price is volatile is secondary. Yes, and ordinary money can also lose in value for various reasons (devaluation, war, massachnye cataclysms). In historical terms, the life of the currency is 40 years. The US dollar lasts longer, but this is artificial.
bitgov

Activity: 1554
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:40:38 PM

As money, everything that has a price can be used. The fact that the price is volatile is secondary. Yes, and ordinary money can also lose in value for various reasons (devaluation, war, massachnye cataclysms). In historical terms, the life of the currency is 40 years. The US dollar lasts longer, but this is artificial.
That is true, in theory it can be used as normal money but practical noone will trust in "thing" that could go from 20k to 8k just in few days or even shorter, that is why we need more stability to change crypto into normal daily currency.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
dragoz11

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:49:40 PM

this is for sure a very well known issue about the btc itslef and the majority of users know this. Recently btc`s price is purely manipulated and I believe that within time when things get more serious the price will be more stable.
a2offrb

Activity: 453
Merit: 101

RISE WITH RAYS FOR THE FUTURE

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:54:02 PM

We should initially not forget that Bitcoin should not be taking for money as in fiat alone, it is also a future store of value, no matter its volatility. I can merely agree that Bitcoin volatility may dissallow it from using it as money, as in sited case of Estate as an instance. But to me, if the bitcoin price at which you buy the estate at the last time decreases this time, you must agree with me that the value of the Estate does not decreases, because it may not be quantify with Bitcoin price alone. And if they did, then the valuer is gaining at the expense of the owner, likewise if the Bitcoin price increases for the Estate, then, the owner is at the upper head making gains. Since this is vice versa, I do not think there should be any cause for Alarm. Life itself is a risk.

]–]  Announce  ]–[    RAYS NETWORK    ]–[  Whitepaper  [–[
A Blockchain Based On Customized DPOS And Bulletproof Protocol
[–[   RISE WITH RAYS   [–[  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  ]–]
Boov

Activity: 868
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:10:01 PM

I'm just reading an article in the newspaper. Klaus W. Wellershoff (a last chief in UBS Bank) says that's impossible to use a currency with volatility as money. If the value of the money decrease, that means the value of the merchandise decrease. For example : if you buy a flat with bitcoin and few years later the bitcoin value decrease... Your flat lose his value as well.

It is really hard to use cryptocurrency as a mode of payment , especially in businesses , why? because it has no stable value , it changes every time , so if one business will use bitcoin as a mode of payment , they are at risk of losing money because they are accepting an investment , not a money , and also it is also hard to regain  your capital if you use bitcoin as a mode of payment due to lack of information in financial report which all businesses should have , so with that I do not think that bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency can replace money.
JohnWick_Bitcoin

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:12:01 PM

yes it is impossible for a cryptocurrency to use as a money so up until now we can consider it as an asset just like diamonds and gold but people can still use it for digital stores like amazon because they are accepting cryptocurrency payment method.
weeklyeth

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:42:40 PM

cryptocurrency is people driven currency using the currency for merchants it completely decision taken from merchants acumen point of view if they handle volatility then they will accept
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:11:27 PM

cryptocurrency is people driven currency using the currency for merchants it completely decision taken from merchants acumen point of view if they handle volatility then they will accept

Yes you are right the people can accept Bitcoin with some disadvantages so this is get one of the kind of volatility so we can make sure that we can in the right path and make huge steps without any other other. This will make you both confident and intelligent.
Kate Beckett

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:24:57 PM

From volatility suffer not only crypto-currencies, but also fiat money. The  exchange market doesn`t stand still. There are always some movements on it. Volatility is a characteristic that allows you to assess and potential risks from investing. For example, the dollar is even more volatile than bitcoin, but many people don`t pay attention to it. However, this doesnёt prevent us from using it as a world currency.
lehuong

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:23:56 AM

Depending on the nature and characteristics of the currency that will change as well as the advantages and disadvantages of individual, they can use the money if the community is involved in many.
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:56:20 AM

I dont think its like that. I believe if you buy flat and bitcoin are down doesnt mean your flat value will going down but its more like you gain something from the opportunity of investment. But i do agree its hard to use something volatility as transaction item cause seems like its unfair and its not good for daily life.

Escf4

Activity: 364
Merit: 3

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:14:09 AM

It can still be used as medium of exchanges even if the cryptocurrency with volatility, because big companies will store their bitcoin and when the time comes ,they will also see to it that the market is good price value ,for the bitcoin they received as payments will also gained according to our set target for our own investment in bitcoin ,so it can still be used as payments.

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
rosepetals

Activity: 650
Merit: 100

Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 05:47:42 AM

Even if the value of bitcoin would become lower flats value still remains.Its either you will buy it from fiat or cryptocurrency.Actually the advantage of votality in a certain currency such cryptocurrency is when we buy things or real estate with the use of bitcoin ,if the market recovered and the value arises the price of that flat will become more reachable and easy to buy.

matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 05:51:24 AM

I dont think its like that. I believe if you buy flat and bitcoin are down doesnt mean your flat value will going down but its more like you gain something from the opportunity of investment. But i do agree its hard to use something volatility as transaction item cause seems like its unfair and its not good for daily life.
In real world it's hard to use a currency which always have possibility to fell in terms of value, Bitcoin and other alts act this way that's why real businesses are hard to convince using the system as another way of payment transactions, until now it's still being treat as a investment currency more than using it as a payment transactions.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: