Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:53:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't enable two-factor authentication on Bitstamp  (Read 2503 times)
plinto (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:58:10 PM

Hello Everyone,

I am having trouble enabling two-factor authentication on Bitstamp. I am using authenticator on iOS and I do have time set to "set automatically". Time zone is also set automatically and is currently "Berlin" because I am in Germany.

These are the steps I take:

1) I go to Security > Two-factor Authentication > Enable two-factor authentication
2) I scan the QR-code with the authenticator app, and then insert the Authentication Code on the web page.
3) I then get an error "Invalid authentication code" and the qr code and Authentication Key change

I have contacted bitstamp's support but their service is horrible. They sent me the same email about 5 times, even though I told them I followed the steps:
It is very important for the two factor authentication that the time on our server, your mobile device and the time within your Google Authenticator app is in sync.
We suggest that you try to re-sync Google Authenticator by going to Settings -> Time correction for codes -> Sync now
OR
if you use iOS please set; Settings -> General -> Date & Time -> Set Automatically -> to On, and then make sure that your mobile device displays the correct time and then try again.
For more information see our two factor authentication guide: https://www.bitstamp.net/s/documents/bitstamp_2_factor_authentication_guide.pdf
If this does not solve your problem, do not hesitate to contact us again.

After explaining multiple times I followed the steps they replied

In that case we are unable to provide any further assistance.

Since their support is useless, I am hoping someone here can help. I am almost thinking it is the time zone. Which time zone do I need  to have for Bitstamp?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
X68N

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:27:29 AM

timezone from Europe->Slovenia
maybe it helps.

greetings

YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM meine Steuerdatei:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612741.msg19244732#msg19244732
titulng

Activity: 484
Merit: 250

HubrisOne

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:52:34 AM

I exchange on btc-e & lakebtc, so don't know on bitsmapt, but the best luck to you.  Smiley

◆

▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄▄            ▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██       ██      ██       ██      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄      ██      ▐██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄██▀▀▀██▄▄        ▀██▄     ██      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀       ██      ██       ██              ██               ██      ██      ██              ██▀       ▀██         ██▄    ██      ▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██      ██       ██      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀      ██      ▐██▄▄▄▄        ▐█           █▌      █▄ ▀██   ██      ██▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██      ██       ██      ██▀▀▀▀▀██        ██▀▀▀▀▀▀        ██        ▀▀▀▀██▄      ▐█           █▌      ██   ██▄ ██      ██▀▀▀▀
██       ██      ██       ██      ██      ██       ██   ▄▄         ██             ▐█▌     ▐█▄         ▄█▌      ██    ▀█▄██      ██
██       ██       ██▄   ▄██       ██     ▄█▀       ██    ▀█▄       ██            ▄██       ▀██▄▄   ▄▄██▀       ██     ▀███      ██
██       ██        ▀▀███▀▀        ████████▀        ██      ▀█      ██      ███████▀           ▀▀███▀▀          ██       ██      ██████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████

▄███████████▄     
██▀       ▐█▀█▄   
██        ▐█  ▀█▄ 
██        ▐█    ▀█▄
██        ▝▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██               ██
██  ███████████  ██
██               ██
██  ██████       ██
██               ██
██▄             ▄██
▀█████████████████▀
WP

Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 06:54:13 AM

Slovenia is in the same timezone as western Europe, so if you're set to Berlin, it should be fine. Also, it would surprise me if GAuth actually was timezone-dependent, I reckon it works with UTC times instead.

Anyway, make sure that your phone has recently synced its clock to a timeserver, try the manual sync option if there is any.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: