Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:26:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a share in a group buy for bitcoin  (Read 1210 times)
n00dles0up (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 12:03:07 AM

Hi everyone,

I have had a look around the forums and cant see anything on offer. So I hope this is ok to post here. As the title suggests, I am looking to participate in a group buy and invest in some serious GH/s. BUying my own mining equipment is out of the question, especially when you consider things like the 5-8GH/s Jalapenos are selling around the £500 mark. If I was to spend that on a group buy, im sure I would get 10x that amount of hashing power, so I am calling anyone who has already got something going with the KnC Neptune or Black Arrow X-3.

I dont have any bitcoin, I have cold hard cash, that I will be willing to pay via paypal gift. I just want to be apart of bitcoin and think a share of the profits will hopefully give me a small ROI.

If anyone has anything available, I am hoping it is for a guaranteed first batch delivery. Anything after the first lot of deliveries will deminish any ROI in my opinion by the time next year comes round.

I know I'm late and new to the site. So will be happy to discuss in depth any offerings to work out any trust issues or whatever. I am based in the UK and do have access to free electric if you wanted to save costs.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:18:18 AM

Sheesh, these new people so anxious to make money they're willing to throw it into the gutter.

Things you need to know:
1) No mining equipment sold today is likely to make a "profit" - and by profit I mean the eq will be able to earn more BTC than you can buy with the upfront cost of the fiat.  Everybody buying mining eq is gambling to mine more than they could buy
2) Never, ever send Paypal as a Gift unless you know where the person lives
3) Group buys are risky for both the organizer and the shareholders (I organized one before and it was a headache). Thankfully it failed because it was an Avalon B3 - a blessing in disguise.

Go to the marketplace section of the forums.  Find somebody willing to sell BTC who will accept a well know escrow and buy it that way.

If you absolutely have to buy mining eq, at least spend 10-20 calculating how much it would earn over the next 3 months in a worst case scenario, multiply by current exchange rate and that should be the amount you should be spending.  Most people selling eq are looking for suckers.

If you feel you must throw your money away, PM me.  I need some $ to buy clothes for uninsured people at my hospital.  We get a lot of transients admitted who don't have shoes or shirts at time of discharge.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 02:29:06 PM

Hi everyone,

I have had a look around the forums and cant see anything on offer. So I hope this is ok to post here. As the title suggests, I am looking to participate in a group buy and invest in some serious GH/s. BUying my own mining equipment is out of the question, especially when you consider things like the 5-8GH/s Jalapenos are selling around the £500 mark. If I was to spend that on a group buy, im sure I would get 10x that amount of hashing power, so I am calling anyone who has already got something going with the KnC Neptune or Black Arrow X-3.

I dont have any bitcoin, I have cold hard cash, that I will be willing to pay via paypal gift. I just want to be apart of bitcoin and think a share of the profits will hopefully give me a small ROI.

If anyone has anything available, I am hoping it is for a guaranteed first batch delivery. Anything after the first lot of deliveries will deminish any ROI in my opinion by the time next year comes round.

I know I'm late and new to the site. So will be happy to discuss in depth any offerings to work out any trust issues or whatever. I am based in the UK and do have access to free electric if you wanted to save costs.

Thanks

Mining is a terribly risky game, even with the recent big price increase in bitcoin, it has just gotten too competitive. Much less risky just to buy some bitcoins on a dip ($600 to $800), and wait for the next "price rise wave" to hit.
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:37:14 PM

If you buy enough shares from dzminercoop, they'll take bank wire or something for x-3. they're the only gb
Neptunes 1st batch, the gbs that are left now aren't reputable enough for my liking. In general, kncminingop, takes fiat for gbs.
both in my sig

n00dles0up (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:22:34 PM

Sheesh, these new people so anxious to make money they're willing to throw it into the gutter.

Things you need to know:
1) No mining equipment sold today is likely to make a "profit" - and by profit I mean the eq will be able to earn more BTC than you can buy with the upfront cost of the fiat.  Everybody buying mining eq is gambling to mine more than they could buy
2) Never, ever send Paypal as a Gift unless you know where the person lives
3) Group buys are risky for both the organizer and the shareholders (I organized one before and it was a headache). Thankfully it failed because it was an Avalon B3 - a blessing in disguise.

Go to the marketplace section of the forums.  Find somebody willing to sell BTC who will accept a well know escrow and buy it that way.

If you absolutely have to buy mining eq, at least spend 10-20 calculating how much it would earn over the next 3 months in a worst case scenario, multiply by current exchange rate and that should be the amount you should be spending.  Most people selling eq are looking for suckers.

If you feel you must throw your money away, PM me.  I need some $ to buy clothes for uninsured people at my hospital.  We get a lot of transients admitted who don't have shoes or shirts at time of discharge.

Thanks for the advice. But I am not a simple newbie willing throw my money into the gutter, this is why I have posted here and joined in the first place.
I feel sorry for all the idiots on ebay buying mining equipment in most cases for more than what it was originally sold for. I also know that anything currently being sold on ebay will absolutely never return what is being paid for it.
For example, I have just seen a BFL 30GH/s Single on ebay that is currently sitting at £1200. I know if I had that much money to burn, I would have a better chance investing that money in a group buy that will net me a bigger share of hashing power that will most likely be 10 times more than the BFL Single.

I know paypal gift is risky and like you say, make sure I know the address. But how does bitcoin stack up, should I also ask for their address? Giving bitcoin is even easier than paypal and I dont see any security benefit by paying with bitcoin, as that could easily end the same way, the person receiving the money can do a runner and not give it back.

I'm not in this to make a massive profit, like anyone doing this, something would be nice and at best case scenario, get back what I put in. But I know there is more chance to make a profit in a group buy 1% share of a neptune for 30GH/s for £100, rather than spending £100 on mining equipment, which is equal to 2 USB Asic miners for 670MH/s.

I respect what bitcoin is representing and love that the fact that it is governed by a central agency. If like others have suggested, the best way to make money is to buy bitcoin at a low price and wait for an increase, then fine, but I want to be apart of the mining process and receive a share of something than be a purchaser of bitcoin and sell it when its high.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:36:38 PM

If you want to be a part of mining use your GPU for one of the alt coins - then you'll understand how BTC was in its start.  There's no real need to mine unless you want to protect the network, and in that case be a share holder in a group buy isn't helping.

I would suggest just buying the BTC directly for now.  Either use an exchange or escrow service.  I don't think anybody selling BTC will accept Paypal since it's reversible.  Never send BTC unless you use escrow.

If you only have 100lb to spend then mine an alt using a nice GPU and convert to BTC.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:48:10 AM

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Put this very simply for you. There is no profit in bitcoin mining at the moment. The companies that sell stuff are highly misleading. They base profit figures on today's network hash rate knowing full well when the thing ships the hash rate will be tenfold.

Mine altcoins, buy bitcoins, but don't mine bitcoins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: