Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 05:25:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fruastrated bitcoiners start lawsuit against Ebay  (Read 1188 times)
mochicoin (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 07:13:30 AM

A group of people have started a lawsuit aimed at Ebay.com. They are claiming that Ebay hide information from PayPal that would have made the fraud detectable. The lawsuit claims that Ebay will allow any account to use hundreds of paypal accounts without ever warning merchants. The bitcoin ebay lawsuit is here http://ebayclassaction.com
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:57:02 PM

A group of people have started a lawsuit aimed at Ebay.com. They are claiming that Ebay hide information from PayPal that would have made the fraud detectable. The lawsuit claims that Ebay will allow any account to use hundreds of paypal accounts without ever warning merchants. The bitcoin ebay lawsuit is here http://ebayclassaction.com

Not using Ebay and Paypal has been more or less the first rule of exchanging btc for years. The key is to not use them. The key is not to use them and then throw a fit, lathering up legal fees and rabble lawsuits.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:46:24 PM

Well, an obvious solution seems to avoid Paypal and ebay. There are alternatives.

But it is quite evil that Ebay have in their terms that they cannot be sued. I wonder if that's even legal.
coreli

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:31:28 AM

Well, an obvious solution seems to avoid Paypal and ebay. There are alternatives.

But it is quite evil that Ebay have in their terms that they cannot be sued. I wonder if that's even legal.

I don't think it's that black & white (I hope not). More that they are not liable for trades or auctions which do not fully conform to their TOS.
TheFootMan

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 03:17:14 AM

I don't think it's that black & white (I hope not). More that they are not liable for trades or auctions which do not fully conform to their TOS.

The usual 'I'm no a lawyer applies', but if I don't remember wrong there's been cases were a judge basically calls on a TOS and claims it's bullshit and does not apply.

mochicoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 09:59:50 AM

Ebay offers good value and can handle fast transactions. The problem is mashing old money systems that have been running wild for decades with the new ones. Allowing people to use hundreds of paypal accounts is something that only works with chargebacks and high fees. For those that want to bend over and take it, join MPOE-PR. Everyone else can my group.
TheFootMan

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:02:25 PM

Ebay offers good value and can handle fast transactions. The problem is mashing old money systems that have been running wild for decades with the new ones. Allowing people to use hundreds of paypal accounts is something that only works with chargebacks and high fees. For those that want to bend over and take it, join MPOE-PR. Everyone else can my group.

But instead of attacking a non-functioning system, what about abandoning it and create an new system?
mochicoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 01:50:07 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2013, 02:12:19 AM by mochicoin

Living off of bitcoins is dismal to say the least. Until that changes, we need to fight the ancient systems that promote fraud. I know at least hundreds of people have lost money due to the same issue. One single example, here LUD3A6cPWes5UmzwPfRNF9zNaw9JLigwQU. How can so many people be blind to the problems?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: