Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:49:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 🌟🎓OPEN SOURCE UNIVERSITY - Education 4.0 powered by EDU Tokens 🎓💥🌟  (Read 24413 times)
Whitethoughts

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:19:49 AM

Before the start of sales there is a week left. I wonder how many people have passed the KYC by this time.
I think it's better to go through this procedure beforehand. Perhaps with the start of sales will be very many people willing to participate in it and there will be certain delays with the passage of KYC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tsedor

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:25:35 AM

It's nice to see a project like this being initiated as it could help students and new graduates to start their careers.
BaalMcKloud

Activity: 910

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:05:31 AM

It's nice to see a project like this being initiated as it could help students and new graduates to start their careers.
As I understand this project will be much more widely used than just to help students. In the ecosystem of this project there will be employers, scientists and universities.
pupesko

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:13:58 AM

I am really liking the mission of this project Cheesy It is all about education now

Thank you so much for the feedback and the support!
pupesko

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:15:47 AM

how does this differ from all the other educational platforms out there ? and what reason do I have besides using the platform to purchase the token?

@BitcoinBoy1337, thank you for this questions! Open Source University helps learners claim & advance their educational identity beyond borders by providing world's first immutable educational passport as a service on the blockchain. We are providing Universities and MOOC's with the opportunity to store, validate and verify their learners certificates on the Blockchain without the need of a third party. There fore our business is not related to education content creation, we are not educational platform in the meaning of content provider but rather the missing part to bridge the gap between Businesses and Academia.

The EDU token is the motor of this platform and allows you to store your certificates on the blockchain with zero fees. Thus you could have all your diplomas, certificates and achievements immutably stored and available worldwide. More about the tokenomics you could find in our Pitch deck - https://os.university/static/pitch-deck.pdf

I am available if you need more information!

Cheers,
Teddy

Thank you very much for the info. Now I see the difference and actually really like it. But how do you deal with plagiarism and identity theft? Sometimes it doens´t make it easier to store those sensible data online

We deal with plagiarism and educational identity theft really easy. There are more than 5 reasons why we are using Blockchain to build Open Source University platform. Some of them are authenticity, decentralising trust, less bureaucracy, direct interaction, security.

But let's us first get back to the meaning of the word "plagiarism". A simple example would be the case of me having a diploma from Boston University and you pretending to be me and having the same paper, right? We solve this problem by providing certification rights to the Boston University which means that they are the only authority to validate and verify my diploma on the blockchain. Once the transaction for initiating a new diploma (meaning mine, as it is the first one in our example) is been processed on the Blockchain, this action can not be undone - that's what we call immutable storage. If you pretend to have the same diploma like mine, first you need to convince Boston University as certification authority that basically You are Me, and that's the first thing and even if you succeed they have to try to rewrite the document and release a second one - which is impossible thanks to the technology.

Talking about identity in general. That's not a thing we are working on. But if you mean educational identity then we have the same case as the plagiarism but this time we include all the skills and achievements of a person. In this case you have to convince everybody that You are ME and also to try to change the "blocks" in the blockchain which is practically impossible.

To read more on the topic of why we use Blockchain in Open Source University, read the following blog post by our CTO (https://medium.com/the-os-university-blog/5-reasons-why-blockchain-is-the-right-technology-for-edtech-6164d3ee676f) or download the book of our Project lead, Hristian - "Academia 4.0: University on the Blockchain" for free from here - https://os.university/book

I hope to have answered your question Smiley

Teddy

Thank you once again for the detailed answer! Do you have an detailed walkthrough-video of the platform planned?

Very soon we'll be ready with the MVP and we'll release a detailed video of the actual platform, share our future plans and more Smiley Stay tuned!

Best,
Teddy
pupesko

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:24:19 AM

Before the start of sales there is a week left. I wonder how many people have passed the KYC by this time.
I think it's better to go through this procedure beforehand. Perhaps with the start of sales will be very many people willing to participate in it and there will be certain delays with the passage of KYC.

@Whitethoughts, that's a really good advice! We already have quite a lot of KYC applications even before the sale has started. The team is getting ready for the tokensale and allocated more resources for the KYC procedure in order to minimise or completely prevent any kind of delay. But you recommendation is more than good - everyone who wants to take part in our ICO should pass the KYC procedure beforehand.

KYC - https://os.university/kyc/

If you need some help, get back to us!

Teddy
pupesko

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:25:57 AM

As I understand this project will be much more widely used than just to help students. In the ecosystem of this project there will be employers, scientists and universities.

Absolutely true!
pupesko

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:28:29 AM

🔥🔥🔥[UPDATE] We are happy to announce that EDU Token has been pre-approved for DDEX exchange platform!

One of the questions we have been getting frequently since the OS.University main token sale is really close, is where and when are the EDU tokens going to be listed. Right ofter the end of the ICO, the OS.University token will also be tradable on the DDEX exchange! Read more in the blog post - https://medium.com/the-os-university-blog/os-university-on-ddex-2d6ad6e5aded

BitcoinBoy1337

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:19:22 AM

how does this differ from all the other educational platforms out there ? and what reason do I have besides using the platform to purchase the token?

@BitcoinBoy1337, thank you for this questions! Open Source University helps learners claim & advance their educational identity beyond borders by providing world's first immutable educational passport as a service on the blockchain. We are providing Universities and MOOC's with the opportunity to store, validate and verify their learners certificates on the Blockchain without the need of a third party. There fore our business is not related to education content creation, we are not educational platform in the meaning of content provider but rather the missing part to bridge the gap between Businesses and Academia.

The EDU token is the motor of this platform and allows you to store your certificates on the blockchain with zero fees. Thus you could have all your diplomas, certificates and achievements immutably stored and available worldwide. More about the tokenomics you could find in our Pitch deck - https://os.university/static/pitch-deck.pdf

I am available if you need more information!

Cheers,
Teddy

Thank you very much for the info. Now I see the difference and actually really like it. But how do you deal with plagiarism and identity theft? Sometimes it doens´t make it easier to store those sensible data online

We deal with plagiarism and educational identity theft really easy. There are more than 5 reasons why we are using Blockchain to build Open Source University platform. Some of them are authenticity, decentralising trust, less bureaucracy, direct interaction, security.

But let's us first get back to the meaning of the word "plagiarism". A simple example would be the case of me having a diploma from Boston University and you pretending to be me and having the same paper, right? We solve this problem by providing certification rights to the Boston University which means that they are the only authority to validate and verify my diploma on the blockchain. Once the transaction for initiating a new diploma (meaning mine, as it is the first one in our example) is been processed on the Blockchain, this action can not be undone - that's what we call immutable storage. If you pretend to have the same diploma like mine, first you need to convince Boston University as certification authority that basically You are Me, and that's the first thing and even if you succeed they have to try to rewrite the document and release a second one - which is impossible thanks to the technology.

Talking about identity in general. That's not a thing we are working on. But if you mean educational identity then we have the same case as the plagiarism but this time we include all the skills and achievements of a person. In this case you have to convince everybody that You are ME and also to try to change the "blocks" in the blockchain which is practically impossible.

To read more on the topic of why we use Blockchain in Open Source University, read the following blog post by our CTO (https://medium.com/the-os-university-blog/5-reasons-why-blockchain-is-the-right-technology-for-edtech-6164d3ee676f) or download the book of our Project lead, Hristian - "Academia 4.0: University on the Blockchain" for free from here - https://os.university/book

I hope to have answered your question Smiley

Teddy

Thank you once again for the detailed answer! Do you have an detailed walkthrough-video of the platform planned?

Very soon we'll be ready with the MVP and we'll release a detailed video of the actual platform, share our future plans and more Smiley Stay tuned!

Best,
Teddy

Nice to hear. Will try the MVP out and looking forward to the video.

pupesko

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:04:47 PM

🔥🔥🔥[UPDATE] We are happy to announce that EDU Token has been pre-approved for DDEX exchange platform!

One of the questions we have been getting frequently since the OS.University main token sale is really close, is where and when are the EDU tokens going to be listed. Right ofter the end of the ICO, the OS.University token will also be tradable on the DDEX exchange! Read more in the blog post - https://medium.com/the-os-university-blog/os-university-on-ddex-2d6ad6e5aded

This is good news, but I do not think that serious investors will sell your tokens until the end of the year. As it seems to me it will be necessary to wait at least a beta version of the platform.

We already receive quite a lot of questions from contributors and not only, when and where we'll be listed. I agree with you that there are some who will wait for much higher value of the token after beta release but still there are some already interested to know what are our plans at least.
pupesko

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:10:23 PM

Few days before the crowdsale start, we are more than happy to share that Open Source University project was nominated in the "Most innovative use of Blockchain for Social Good 2018" category by the Blockchain EXPO. The Blocks nominations are another great recognition for our project and validation that our mission and vision to disrupt the education sector are on the right way.

We'll be happy to celebrate together at the Blockchain Awards in Amsterdam Smiley Smiley Smiley
https://www.blockchain-expo.com/2018/05/awards/blockchain-awards-shortlist/

hazenyc

Activity: 668
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:14:40 PM

It could turn into a lot of things, that is what is good about the open source environment. If anyone is allowed one day to also build applications on top of this that would be interesting.
pupesko

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:29:38 PM

It could turn into a lot of things, that is what is good about the open source environment. If anyone is allowed one day to also build applications on top of this that would be interesting.

By mentioning open source, it would be strange if we do not have an open source environment where developers could contribute to the whole development.

Therefore we've open-sourced our platform now. The files are available at GitHub - https://github.com/OpenSourceUniversity/platform Smiley

HristianD

Activity: 76

Project Lead at OS.UNIVERSITY

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 01:02:29 PM

By mentioning open source, it would be strange if we do not have an open source environment where developers could contribute to the whole development.

Therefore we've open-sourced our platform now. The files are available at GitHub - https://github.com/OpenSourceUniversity/platform Smiley

Let me add something on that point as well, as it is indeed interesting. For an open source project to strive, it needs to launch its private alpha in the public space, so people can have a common ground to collaborate around (and build upon). Therefore we open-up today, given that we are just hours away from going live.

As it was mentioned- our next step would indeed be to attract the broader development community interest and bring many new features and ideas into live on top of OS.UNIVERSITY foundation.

Let's see where the project goes - exciting times!

osuni (OP)

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 05:51:47 PM

[UPDATE] We are really excited to share with you that Open Source University project is nominated by the BLOCKS for "Most Innovative use of Blockchain for Social Good 2018". The ceremony will be held at the Blockchain EXPO event in Amsterdam in june.

Read more here - https://medium.com/the-os-university-blog/nomination-for-the-most-innovative-use-of-blockchain-for-social-good-2018-4742c18f6002

https://i.imgur.com/pCkrUwl.jpg
pupesko

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:23:10 AM

Thanks to @TheCryptoVaper for this comprehensive independent review of Open Source University! 🎥🎥 3 DAYS before the start of the #tokensale, it is more than exciting for us to hear the community feedback. It's worth it Wink

Watch the video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0wkzH05TUw
BitcoinBoy1337

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:39:59 AM

Thanks to @TheCryptoVaper for this comprehensive independent review of Open Source University! 🎥🎥 3 DAYS before the start of the #tokensale, it is more than exciting for us to hear the community feedback. It's worth it Wink

Watch the video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0wkzH05TUw

very well done and really gives a good overview of the project! Looking forward to the tokensale

Pay4youractivity

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:46:18 AM

I'm waiting for the ICO of this project to begin. I hope hard cap will be collected ahead of schedule.

AX 1 ❱❱ Capital Appreciation Mining Token
❱❱❱ CrowdSale:  April 16, 2018  ❰❰❰
 [ White Paper ]  [ Bitcoin ANN ]  [ Facebook ]  [ Instagram ]
 [ LinkedIn ] [ Telegram ]

BaalMcKloud

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:59:48 AM

pupesko
Good luck to the project. I hope ICO will be successful, I believe that such projects are in demand by the market.
Jondum

Activity: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:27:12 AM

I really like the mission that this project has, education is becoming the most needed thing for this modern semip crypto world, and the team is very experienced in this field, it will make it the most needed in the world of crypto in the future
other than that,
I think OS.University is the best platform of the year now. I am happy with this kind of project, which makes it easy for anyone for educational development. Unique, great plan, and good luck.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: