Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:32:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Windy City Bitcoin LLC - Bitcoin Kiosk Operator Chicago  (Read 1635 times)
flowdab (OP)

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:19:23 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2013, 10:22:57 PM by flowdab

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to throw an introductory post here letting everyone know that my company, Windy City Bitcoin LLC, is planning on having a Robocoin Bitcoin Kiosk in Chicago in March. This is of course pending regulatory and licensing approval, but the hardware has been ordered and we're in discussions with the State and Federal governments in order to ensure everything is on the up and up. We'll be getting a website up shortly with some interesting links and updates on the regulation/licensing process and a further explanation of who I am and what our company goals are.

We plan on putting our first kiosk somewhere downtown Chicago and accessible to all areas of the City and the suburbs.

You can follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/windycitybtc and I'll update this post with developments as they occur. I'll be more than happy to answer any questions, however please be patient as it may take me a moment to get them.

We're also looking for a logo, so if you have any graphic design skills, please check out this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=368590.

Cheers!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:16:10 PM

So...what is it you propose to do?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
flowdab (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:45:18 PM

So...what is it you propose to do?

Operate bitcoin kiosks and bring bitcoin to the wider population.  Provide purchase and sale of bitcoins in a safe and legal manner. 

MPOE-PR

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 03:10:26 PM

Operate bitcoin kiosks and bring bitcoin to the wider population.  Provide purchase and sale of bitcoins in a safe and legal manner. 

Aha, I see. FTR, that first sentence is useless...a kiosk is like a counter, how's anyone to know what it is you intend to do there? As for the second, have a read here.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
flowdab (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:18:55 PM

Aha, I see. FTR, that first sentence is useless...a kiosk is like a counter, how's anyone to know what it is you intend to do there? As for the second, have a read here.

Not sure why it is useless. I'm announcing an upcoming bitcoin business and service to the largest bitcoin community on the net. I think it is perfectly clear what the business intends to do.

As for as your second link, I'm not sure what you are implying. There are many different ways to go about starting a business, and whereas I think your link has some very sound advice, we already have a strategic plan in place that does not necessarily follow your template.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:03:22 PM

Not sure why it is useless. I'm announcing an upcoming bitcoin business and service to the largest bitcoin community on the net. I think it is perfectly clear what the business intends to do.

A kiosk is a physical item. Operating a bitcoin kiosk is meaningless, other than the allusion to something happening with BTC. The fact that you cannot seem to grasp this on the second pass pretty much takes care of:

There are many different ways to go about starting a business, and whereas I think your link has some very sound advice, we already have a strategic plan in place that does not necessarily follow your template.

There are many ways to fail. Pretending as though there aren't any standards and best practices and that all paths of failure should be treated as equal to correct paths at the outset is how most people end up horribly "blindsided".

flowdab (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:37:17 PM

A kiosk is a physical item. Operating a bitcoin kiosk is meaningless, other than the allusion to something happening with BTC.

I'm not sure what your goal is here, or if you are just being willfully obtuse. This business is providing for the operation of Robocoin Bitcoin Kiosks in Chicago. A kiosk is not just a physical item, it is also a location where something is sold. Let's not even mention the fact that the website for the origination of the hardware is www.robocoinKIOSK.com.

Further, there is a strategic reason for using the term "kiosk". This hardware is often referred to as a bitcoin "ATM". This is not an ATM. An ATM is subject to specific regulatory and licensing requirements as it deals with depository cash accounts with money being withdrawn from a consumer's account and then transferred to another account or to the operator of the ATM for the completion of a cash withdrawal. These kiosks do not take funds from a consumer's depository cash accounts, therefore the term "Bitcoin ATM" is a misnomer that serves to complicate the regulatory landscape and make it more difficult to give the populace access to efficient, cheap and safe bitcoin transactions.

The fact that you cannot seem to grasp this on the second pass pretty much takes care of:

There are many different ways to go about starting a business, and whereas I think your link has some very sound advice, we already have a strategic plan in place that does not necessarily follow your template.

There are many ways to fail. Pretending as though there aren't any standards and best practices and that all paths of failure should be treated as equal to correct paths at the outset is how most people end up horribly "blindsided".

Again, I'm not sure what your goal is here. Are you trying to educate us? Is this constructive criticism? You literally have zero knowledge of our standards and practices, our strategic plan or our due diligence in regards to this venture; nor do you seem to have the wherewithal to engage in an open and good-faith discussion regarding them.

If you would like to discuss Windy City Bitcoin, our goals, or the status of the company, then I'd be more than happy to answer your questions. If you are going to throw ambiguous statements regarding failure simply because the company was not organized or presented according to your personal preferences, then I'm afraid we will have very little to talk about.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:11:51 PM

Are you trying to educate us? Is this constructive criticism? You literally have zero knowledge of our standards and practices, our strategic plan or our due diligence in regards to this venture; nor do you seem to have the wherewithal to engage in an open and good-faith discussion regarding them.

I don't need "knowledge of your standards and practices" to notice that you cannot manage following the very basic steps of introducing yourself and explaining what it is your business will be doing. These are required skills; there's no getting around it by alluding to undisclosed details.

So then, what I'm doing is pointing out to you that as it is, you have a problem. What you're doing is pretending that it cannot be the case you have a problem, and that instead the far more established player that has seen this exact scenario play out time and again lacks "wherewithal". You'd get much better results out of resolving the kinks in your ideas than fighting against me.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:18:06 PM

I think what MPOE-PR is trying to say is that Bitcoinia has seen more than its share of vaporware and we have grown tired of these announcements. There are now more credible avenues for press releases than posting on a forum.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
flowdab (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:21:13 PM

I've read your entire posted thread and I would encourage everyone to do the same.  You are spamming this thread with your outdated ideas of how to start a bitcoin business.  There is not one way to success or legitimatcy.  

flowdab (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:26:07 PM

I think what MPOE-PR is trying to say is that Bitcoinia has seen more than its share of vaporware and we have grown tired of these announcements. There are now more credible avenues for press releases than posting on a forum.

That is not what he is saying at all.  He is saying that we need to follow some template of his in order to be a legitimate business in the bitcoin world,  never mind the fact that it is outdated.  He has admitted to spamming other announcement threads and is doing nothing but attempting to push his ideas on people. 

Further,  why would I not announce this service on bitcointalk.org? It is the repository of most of bitcoin Commerce and discussion.  This is the ideal place for such announcements. 
MPOE-PR

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:30:50 PM

That is not what he is saying at all.  He is saying that we need to follow some template of his in order to be a legitimate business in the bitcoin world,  never mind the fact that it is outdated.  He has admitted to spamming other announcement threads and is doing nothing but attempting to push his ideas on people. 

Further,  why would I not announce this service on bitcointalk.org? It is the repository of most of bitcoin Commerce and discussion.  This is the ideal place for such announcements. 

She.

They're not "my ideas". If you prefer to reject the notion of standards existing within a given field so you can pretend that any given interpretation is equally valid, by all means go ahead. Yes, I will certainly call you out, and yes, I will certainly throw it in your face when it inevitably collapses. This is bitcoin business, not artistic expression hour.

flowdab (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:42:14 PM

She.

They're not "my ideas". If you prefer to reject the notion of standards existing within a given field so you can pretend that any given interpretation is equally valid, by all means go ahead. Yes, I will certainly call you out, and yes, I will certainly throw it in your face when it inevitably collapses. This is bitcoin business, not artistic expression hour.

Please show me one place on the internet outside of your authored thread that outlines what you propose during your spamming.

Are you trying to educate us? Is this constructive criticism? You literally have zero knowledge of our standards and practices, our strategic plan or our due diligence in regards to this venture; nor do you seem to have the wherewithal to engage in an open and good-faith discussion regarding them.

I don't need "knowledge of your standards and practices" to notice that you cannot manage following the very basic steps of introducing yourself and explaining what it is your business will be doing. These are required skills; there's no getting around it by alluding to undisclosed details.

So then, what I'm doing is pointing out to you that as it is, you have a problem. What you're doing is pretending that it cannot be the case you have a problem, and that instead the far more established player that has seen this exact scenario play out time and again lacks "wherewithal". You'd get much better results out of resolving the kinks in your ideas than fighting against me.

Instead of your holier than thou attitude and caustic remarks, maybe you should not enter a thread with the purpose of forcing your ideology on a company that you know literally nothing about. If you do not know what our business is doing at this step of the discussion then I'm not sure what you're still doing posting here. You've ignored everything I've said and refused to engage in basic reading comprehension.

The only problem here is that I have refused to comply with your template for a bitcoin business. You are providing advice that has not been requested nor wanted. You have asked zero questions about the company nor made any attempt to engage in a good-faith dialogue. You are a troll. One with no good intentions, just a person on the internet who wants to shout from the rooftops that you are 'here'.

If you would like to discuss anything about Windy City Bitcoin LLC, then I'd be happy to entertain you, however I would respectfully request that you stop spamming this thread with your business ideologies and arbitrary theories on how a bitcoin business should be run.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: