Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:30:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Free Stratum Web Proxy for old Getwork hardware -GHASH/SLUSH/BTCGUILD  (Read 5982 times)
infinitybiff (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:53:52 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2013, 07:09:55 PM by infinitybiff

Decided to setup a stratum proxy for me and some friends so everyone could point their old getwork devices (block erupter blades etc) at something online and not have to run a proxy on their local machine or what have you. Decided other folks may want to use it as well.

http://stratum.undersiders.com/ For status and supported pools.

Currently supporting GHASH.IO ,Slush's pool, BTC Guild. If you want another pool added, please leave it below and I'll get it setup.

ghash.io = stratum.undersiders.com:8332

slush's pool = stratum.undersiders.com:8334

btc guild = stratum.undersiders.com:8337

Server location is Charlotte, NC.

This thread is now open for your questions, comments, snide remarks, and puns.

trevorh

Activity: 46

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:00:06 PM

How about BTC Guild?
infinitybiff (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:04:32 PM

How about BTC Guild?

Added.

stratum.undersiders.com:8337
trevorh

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 05:35:21 PM

Thanks. I finally had a chance to test it (after finding my Raspberry Pi had been down for 6 hours this morning), and it seems to work fine.
infinitybiff (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:17:24 PM

Glad its working for you. Let me know if you run into any issues.
bitsta

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

r00t-dev

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:27:41 PM

for people not knowing how to set up an stratum proxy theirself its great.

i always have a sceptical view on forwarding services...
anyway thank you!
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:13:31 PM

These external stratum proxies are good for people just starting, but I highly recommend users with getwork hardware eventually learn how to set one up yourselves.  Most ASICs that use getwork are extremely inefficient at dealing with latency for results, essentially stopping all work until the result is responded to.  Given how rapidly most ASICs will generate results, especially things like ASICMINER gear which report all results that meet diff=1 regardless of server settings, you can end up losing a significant percentage of your expected hashrate.  A local proxy is always a more efficient idea!

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
trevorh

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:14:10 PM

for people not knowing how to set up an stratum proxy theirself its great.

i always have a sceptical view on forwarding services...
anyway thank you!

I'm using it as a backup for a local proxy running on a Raspberry Pi. My testing shows equal performance between the two of them.
infinitybiff (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:34:28 PM

These external stratum proxies are good for people just starting, but I highly recommend users with getwork hardware eventually learn how to set one up yourselves.  Most ASICs that use getwork are extremely inefficient at dealing with latency for results, essentially stopping all work until the result is responded to.  Given how rapidly most ASICs will generate results, especially things like ASICMINER gear which report all results that meet diff=1 regardless of server settings, you can end up losing a significant percentage of your expected hashrate.  A local proxy is always a more efficient idea!

I was of the same opinion , but found that web proxy vs local lan proxy gets same results as far as # of shares/hashrate/etc.
trevorh

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:59:39 PM

Well, I was using it as a backup for my local proxy server, but then discovered they were both down this morning.
infinitybiff (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:25:21 PM

Well, I was using it as a backup for my local proxy server, but then discovered they were both down this morning.

I'm showing it online, don't see where the server lost connection or rebooted. I restarted all 3 proxies for good measure. Let me know if you can get back in.
novymivo

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:36:33 PM

can we get eligius please ?

1DP6hkRCNoxE15QFfyeqxRk1qu7gX4FzGS
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:01:55 PM

These external stratum proxies are good for people just starting, but I highly recommend users with getwork hardware eventually learn how to set one up yourselves.
yep, but these should learn it right first.
most newbies just let their windows pc run 24/7, wasting power so killing the efficiency. the more advanded ones get it done on a rPi, but i personally disencourage that, as the Pi is both overkill and expensive, as you need to add storage, maybe a wifi dongle and a case - stuff you dont need by simply getting an OpenWRT capable router, like the WR701N which has USB for blockraptors too, and there is an even cheaper model with no USB but 4x LAN and more flash memory, but forgot the sku...
delta11965

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:57:29 AM

I'm running one miner on this proxy but if i add anymore it just kills the hash rate down to nothing and i'm getting about 95% on it now its just great thank you for the proxy but if anyone has suggestions on what the problem is id appreciate it. Also I cant figure out how to set up a proxy at home for the life of me I dont know where to start or what they mean by enter in command line? I'm a noob so any help would be much appreciated! Smiley
trevorh

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:05:30 PM

These external stratum proxies are good for people just starting, but I highly recommend users with getwork hardware eventually learn how to set one up yourselves.
yep, but these should learn it right first.
most newbies just let their windows pc run 24/7, wasting power so killing the efficiency. the more advanded ones get it done on a rPi, but i personally disencourage that, as the Pi is both overkill and expensive, as you need to add storage, maybe a wifi dongle and a case - stuff you dont need by simply getting an OpenWRT capable router, like the WR701N which has USB for blockraptors too, and there is an even cheaper model with no USB but 4x LAN and more flash memory, but forgot the sku...

You can buy a Pi kit with everything you need for about $40, and you can run multiple proxies on it. I hardly see that as overkill. Smiley
Yinero

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:31:42 PM

Is this proxy still running? All my miners have stopped.
demonmaestro

Activity: 574

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:43:57 AM

You can buy a Pi kit with everything you need for about $40, and you can run multiple proxies on it. I hardly see that as overkill. Smiley

I would like to see where you can get these pi kits for $40 at.

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
trevorh

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 09:16:15 PM

I would like to see where you can get these pi kits for $40 at.

I got my newest one from Amazon in November. It looks like the price is now closer to $60. Still quite cheap, though. Smiley
trevorh

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:11:55 PM

Indeed, is anyone still there?
demonmaestro

Activity: 574

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:12:02 AM

Indeed, is anyone still there?

not so much to jack this thread but i am hosting proxys...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=413246

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: