Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:58:41 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Based Businesses/Services - List (India)  (Read 15712 times)
kittucrypt

Activity: 300
Merit: 253

Ok Check!

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:41:45 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 12:46:46 PM by Benson Samuel

My post above was for igot. Besides, someone who writes user determined prices on their website and then use an aggregation to give their own buy/sell prices is miss selling the product.

Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 12:46:23 PM

My post above was for igot. Besides, someone who writes user determined prices on their website and then use an aggregation to give their own buy/sell prices is miss selling the product.

Oops, removed that post.

globalgaurav

Activity: 199
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:34:43 PM

Upal, I like your sense of humour. Haircut costs-600 bucks, and other beauty treatment won't cost more than 2000 bucks for male. Here I consider only male because, women's are not into Bitcoin. Therefore, not more than 0.5 BTC till date. Cheesy
Its publicity stunt man! You must follow bollywood to understand all those filthy tactics of marketing.

"Therefore, not more than 0.5 BTC till date. Cheesy"

What's your process here?

Please elaborate  Smiley
subvolatil (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:16:15 AM

Who is the owner of http://highkart.com/

Any one know about the origins.
the domain seems to be registered in Australia,
No office in Delhi, and no company name, to indicate if it is a proprietorship or a .ltd or a partnership.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 07:19:01 AM

No office in Delhi, and no company name, to indicate if it is a proprietorship or a .ltd or a partnership.

Co-founder is from Delhi.

Will connect you'll.

subvolatil (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:28:27 AM

Will connect you'll.

Sure cool.
thenoblebot

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:32:32 AM

Will connect you'll.

Sure cool.

+1

Yea legit question .... would like to know too.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 11:46:56 AM

Will connect you'll.

Sure cool.

+1

Yea legit question .... would like to know too.

Amit Kumar, co-founder of HighKart told NextBigWhat We are a collection of entrepreneurs who want to bring Bitcoins to the mainstream by giving Bitcoin transactions credibility, while staying within the regulatory parameter. We do not want to jump off onto the illegal side of it.

http://www.nextbigwhat.com/highkart-bitcoin-ecommerce-store-india-297/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+pluggd+(NextBigWhat.com)

subvolatil (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:09:27 PM

Updated http://highkart.com/ on the list.
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:32:24 PM

Updated http://highkart.com/ on the list.

Is this what escrow.ms was talking about here => https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=430025.0 ?

techguy

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:39:13 PM

No, highkart belongs to Amit - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=429835.0 ,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=430318.0
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 05:21:47 PM

That post is a launch announcement for a new store by escrow.ms

dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:10:27 AM

hi can u add unocoin.com to this list as well

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

subvolatil (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:18:06 AM

Sure ! put up an announcement and start interacting with the community.
Will add it to the list.
tadakaluri

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 02:25:07 PM

I have just joined with this site and made a sale.  I will review, once I got the payment.
dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:05:02 AM

Will add it to the list.
Yes would do. One last module for unocoin is still being developed and tested. I am also yet to re-write few info and statements on the website. Once those are done, we will also be coming out of trial mode and would do the announcement - most probably on feb 1st. I am waiting to do it soon as well.

When you say start interacting with community.. i believe i have always been since i got to know about bitcoins in may 2013. Am i missing something?

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 06:15:15 AM

Will add it to the list.
Yes would do. One last module for unocoin is still being developed and tested. I am also yet to re-write few info and statements on the website. Once those are done, we will also be coming out of trial mode and would do the announcement - most probably on feb 1st. I am waiting to do it soon as well.

When you say start interacting with community.. i believe i have always been since i got to know about bitcoins in may 2013. Am i missing something?

Not going to understand what subvolatil has in mind, but from my side, you guys have done a fair share of damage to the community.

- Fake testimonials/ name dropping of me and Naavi.
- Untempered number dropping to the mainstream press.
- All work by you guys looks like a money making attempt is all.
- There is no interest to share information with the community like buysellbitco used to do.
- No Open Source contributions although Open Source is being invaded by you'll. This, as I have seen is the most damaging thing for a business working with FOSS.
- All launch announcements and introductions were made outside the forums. You'll come here only when business takes a hit. This has been the same thing noticed from the old days of unocoin/ infonetenergy. And infonetenergy was not openly accepted by the community as well due to the pure angle of profit that he chased.

The problem of how to trust private keys to an operator with integrity issues may be the main reason why this community has no respect or acknowledgement for your work. There is also threat of a honeypot with your wallet operations.

As always - to the point!

dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:54:19 AM

Will add it to the list.

Not going to understand what subvolatil has in mind, but from my side, you guys have done a fair share of damage to the community.

- Fake testimonials/ name dropping of me and Naavi.
- Untempered number dropping to the mainstream press.
- All work by you guys looks like a money making attempt is all.
- There is no interest to share information with the community like buysellbitco used to do.
- No Open Source contributions although Open Source is being invaded by you'll. This, as I have seen is the most damaging thing for a business working with FOSS.
- All launch announcements and introductions were made outside the forums. You'll come here only when business takes a hit. This has been the same thing noticed from the old days of unocoin/ infonetenergy. And infonetenergy was not openly accepted by the community as well due to the pure angle of profit that he chased.

The problem of how to trust private keys to an operator with integrity issues may be the main reason why this community has no respect or acknowledgement for your work. There is also threat of a honeypot with your wallet operations.

As always - to the point!

Good to know something instead of just wondering. Let me clarify what ever I can.
1. I had put ur name under testimonial while developing the website just as a place holder and forgot to clear it off on day of launch at global bitcoin conference. Organizing the global bitcoin conference itself kept me buzy and I could not look into final touch-ups of unocoin before its launch as both happened on same day at once. As soon as u mentioned about your name on Unocoin in an email to me the next day of unocoin launch, I cleared it off and have mailed you back "It was put there as a place holder for testimonials while designing the webpage and had forgotten to remove when it went live as GBC kept me buzy. Now it is removed". Like any new website, it just took a couple more days for us to get the testimonials from customers. Regarding Naavi, when we decided to put together an association, we called naavi the same day and he expressed his interest to be a member, so was included in members section of bitcoinallaince.in . How ever we could not get the membership formalities completed from him as our association is still in registration phase and we do not have bank account to accept his membership fee and it is the reason he said he is not a member yet on his blog when HINDU said he is a member. On the subsequent call to him he asked his name be removed as a member for now but offered to be a consultant for BAI which would be more beneficial to community and he is now accepted as a consultant for BAI.

2. Regarding that 8% of bitcoins in India, is a result of spot analysis I had to mandatorily make as a bitcoin entrepreneur when IRS asked the question. It was based on the history of various bitcoin related people I have heard of and have spoken to, mining people since 2009, interaction of people in gbc, based on conversations I had with customers of unocoin when I call them to take verification etc. You know that I am quite new to bitcoin and I got to know about bitcoins only since may 2013. Ofcourse it as just my opinion and that is what any one can ask you as they already know that no one can know regarding the exact number of bitcoins in India. The 1% of bitcoins is in India is what you people think and that is your opinion as well based on your experience in community. Neither you can prove it is really 1% nor I can prove it is 8% and we both know it. If the knowledge that I have is right, just the highest 4 holders of bitcoin in India should surpass 1% of total bitcoins. I don't want to comment anymore on this.

3. I would agree more if you say most of the work. There are instances where we have put our own money to spread the word about bitcoin or to help bitcoin. The team under CoinMonk do not involve any filthy rich people nor people with thousands of bitcoins. For every one in the team, bitcoin is pretty much the only full time work, all of us understand the potential of bitcoin but do not have the ability to buy lot of bitcoins and hence are working hard to get some to help themselves with the living and to secure future to some extent. Only since a month we are seeing some profits after half an year of planning investing and hardwork.

4. As far as I know, every info that is worth sharing have been shared on the forums here - even though I believe this forum is not the only way to be a part of the community. coinmonk, mining shares for coinmoink, physical coins, bfl based miner manufacturing, gbc, irs visit to coinmonk, any info that would amaze me etc. Not all of these are indian sub forum but are on topics on this forum. You can visit my profile and read my previous posts. The only project which I am yet to announce on the global and indian sub-forum is unocoin. As I said, our team is still working on it after which it will be coming out of trial mode and will do an announcement. I am not afraid of what I am doing with bitcoin and do take opinions with people about new ideas and that is the reason some of you may know more than what is already. If there is something that is not shared, I would be happy to hear about it and am happy to correct myself.

5. I agree we have not contributed anything to opensource even though we have provided some free services. We do not have anything that we can open source yet. I should say we also do not know what open source community is missing as we are not involved with any open source community at the code level. On the other end I do not see many bitcoin businesses doing any contributions to the open source community as well - I could be wrong though.

6. Um, all launch announcements and introductions regarding what ever we have done is announced on the forums even though forums is the only way to communicate to people. When ever I ask unocoin customers if they know about bitcointalk forum - 90% of them say NO. I would say the major reason would be that info about this forum wont usually get mentioned on media when they talk about bitcoin. The announcements that are missing is Unocoin - where I am waiting for the dev to complete and to come out of trial mode. I am not happy to announce that people can buy and sell 0.1 btc per day as of now. The other one that we are yet to announce her is BAI and we are waiting for organization setup to be complete to announce it as well. I am on the forum even before I started anything with bitcoin and I m not here now because business is taking hit - I don't know why you are making this false statement. I cannot talk on behalf of infonetenergy here.

Every decision is run across the team members to make sure the decision to be taken is the right one and hence there will be a reason behind every decision made.
I am not sure what exactly you mean by us having integrity issues. Also I do not see why people should trust the operator on their private keys when they obviously have a method to withdraw it to their own bitcoin address after bitcoin purchase. I do not see my work lacking respect or acknowledgement  - usually I have come across appreciations till now. Well yes I agree - when ever there is a obligation from govt that we need to provide them info, then we are just required to do it. I believe this is same as any other legally operating business in India. Sure you can suggest me any other way if you know that that still do not go against law.

I am not sure why I got dragged to unrelated discussion on this thread. As this thread was trying to list businesses in india that are related to bitcoin, I thought of getting unocoin as well listed as it is a business in india related to bitcoin is all. But it is good that I happen to hear some comments about the work I have done so far. Critics have always helped me to prosper as a software company owner since 8 years and I m sure it will be same with being in bitcoin as well Smiley

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

subvolatil (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:57:03 AM

Will add it to the list.

Sorry if i was a  bit ambiguous about my statement about interacting with the community. I meant, when you make the announcement, and start interacting with the community, you need to start you first step by being part of the bitcoin community and building you business.

Interaction as an individual is a different  thing, a community participation as a business is different. you will need to integrate you business with a community that is built on trust.you need to gain and earn trust first.  
dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:38:47 AM

Sure, will do that in a day or two. Thanks for the clarification.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄