Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:34:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transaction as a basis of RT  (Read 150 times)
Throwing Daggers (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 8

"Throwing daggers to your ugly post"

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:30:57 AM

Do you think it's right to report some people and put some red trust to those accounts using a basis on transactions?
I recently saw some post that their profile is banned because of having transaction to a related account and accusing him as a multiple account user.
Where's the right thing on that? There are many cases on transferring money to each wallets, some of us have friends and relatives who actually use this POPULAR cryptocurrency forum site. Borrowing and exchanging eth or btc fees is very common if you have those kind of people you can rely on. There are different levels in this society/community, not all of us are rich and poor. Some of them can't afford fees or other expenses in the exchange site and some of us don't have a bank account where we can WITHDRAW the bounty. I don't want you to get me wrong, I know that bounty is just an optional objective. As I said, we have different levels here, that's why they're hoping on crypto but still they didn't forget to do some part for the best of this forum.

My point is, some of here are reporting profiles if they caught a transactions between two different accounts. Are they serious? How can they accuse them with that kind of proof. What's the purpose? Everyone is doing their best to participate in this forum. They're discussing some interesting topics with each of everyone and also participating in a good community. Everyone wants to be eligible for bounty and to make contribution in our community, do they deserve that kind of accusation?

◕  CRYPTO SOUK  ◕
█ focuses on the needs of novice traders █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:43:52 AM

Do you think it's right to report some people and put some red trust to those accounts using a basis on transactions?
I recently saw some post that their profile is banned because of having transaction to a related account and accusing him as a multiple account user.

Sounds like your confused between trust and bans? 

Where's the right thing on that? There are many cases on transferring money to each wallets, some of us have friends and relatives who actually use this POPULAR cryptocurrency forum site. Borrowing and exchanging eth or btc fees is very common if you have those kind of people you can rely on. There are different levels in this society/community, not all of us are rich and poor. Some of them can't afford fees or other expenses in the exchange site and some of us don't have a bank account where we can WITHDRAW the bounty. I don't want you to get me wrong, I know that bounty is just an optional objective. As I said, we have different levels here, that's why they're hoping on crypto but still they didn't forget to do some part for the best of this forum.

There is nothing wrong with any of that, none of that will get you banned!  Having multiple accounts is not against forum rules (although it is discouraged) and it will not get general users banned by forum mods or admin, a bot farm spamming the forum is not a normal user and would likely be banned by the forum.

I think what you're saying is that having DT2+ red trust because of multiple accounts will keep you out of the signature campaigns?  In which case trust is not generally (read extreme cases only) moderated by the forum.  Having red trust does not keep you from accessing, using and enjoying the entire functionality of the forum. 

Because trust is not moderated and is subjective to each user I think it is entirely fair that they tag whom they feel is untrustworthy.  You or anyone else for that matter don't have to agree, you can make up your own personal trust list ignoring all DT members.

Why is the problem always with the DT members who tag people.  Why not complain about the campaign managers who won't accept you?Huh?  I mean if the red paint is such an injustice surely all the reputable campaign managers would see this and not exempt those users from participating in the campaigns......
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:59:30 AM

My point is, some of here are reporting profiles if they caught a transactions between two different accounts. Are they serious? How can they accuse them with that kind of proof. What's the purpose? Everyone is doing their best to participate in this forum. They're discussing some interesting topics with each of everyone and also participating in a good community. Everyone wants to be eligible for bounty and to make contribution in our community, do they deserve that kind of accusation?

Like Hellfish said, you are confusing trust and bans.
People do not conclude that two accounts belong to the same person, based on transactions between addresses. They conclude that 2 accounts are controlled by the same person when the same bitcoin address is used, or when 2 addresses form shared inputs in the same transaction.
Throwing Daggers (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 8

"Throwing daggers to your ugly post"

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:06:46 AM

There is nothing wrong with any of that, none of that will get you banned!  Having multiple accounts is not against forum rules (although it is discouraged) and it will not get general users banned by forum mods or admin, a bot farm spamming the forum is not a normal user and would likely be banned by the forum.

So it means no one can do that? DT members can't put some red trust based on transactions?

Okay i get it, most of some members here are not familiar with DT so that's why i don't know how does it works. The only thing we are afraid of is getting redtrust because of unreasonable thing.

So the rumor is totally shit.... Thanks for clarifying Mr. Flying Hellfish

I think what you're saying is that having DT2+ red trust because of multiple accounts will keep you out of the signature campaigns?
Maybe? 'cause for some bounty is very important to others. But i think this is not a problem 'cause you said having a transactions with other account or could i say very suspicious accounts because of sending eth is not a problem right? If there's a thread about DT can you please link me...

Why is the problem always with the DT members who tag people.  Why not complain about the campaign managers who won't accept you?Huh?
I don't have problem with bounty sir but today it enlightens me a lot and i wanted to share about this to diminish trust as a requirements in bounties

◕  CRYPTO SOUK  ◕
█ focuses on the needs of novice traders █
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:19:56 PM

So it means no one can do that? DT members can't put some red trust based on transactions?

Okay i get it, most of some members here are not familiar with DT so that's why i don't know how does it works. The only thing we are afraid of is getting redtrust because of unreasonable thing.

So the rumor is totally shit.... Thanks for clarifying Mr. Flying Hellfish

I think what you're saying is that having DT2+ red trust because of multiple accounts will keep you out of the signature campaigns?
Maybe? 'cause for some bounty is very important to others. But i think this is not a problem 'cause you said having a transactions with other account or could i say very suspicious accounts because of sending eth is not a problem right? If there's a thread about DT can you please link me...

Why is the problem always with the DT members who tag people.  Why not complain about the campaign managers who won't accept you?Huh?
I don't have problem with bounty sir but today it enlightens me a lot and i wanted to share about this to diminish trust as a requirements in bounties

Seems like I didn't explain it well enough or maybe I am misunderstanding you.

Here is the thread about trust network:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211858.0

It's not a problem for the forum.  It may be a problem for DT members and for Campaign managers but that is a different story and does not involve being banned from the forum.

Red trust is not a ban.  DT members are independent of the mods (although some mods are also on DT2+)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: