Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:10:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  All
  Print  
Author Topic: After ICO What do you do with your coin - HODL or Sell?  (Read 714 times)
HoLeeDik (OP)

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:10:23 AM

What is your strategy after participating in an ICO? Do you sell all of the coins immediately or do you hold it for months or years?

Would love to hear about your opinion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:19:42 AM

If you invest your savings in an ICO then you sure hold it if the price is lower than ICO price. Selling are for bounty participants but it is not tolerated since it could destroy the value of the token implemented by the ICO. For those who hold the tokens please have patience and make your hardwork valuable like the tokens you are trying to dump. Holding for several months could make your earning high once the ICO team are doing well in the development of their project and please consider the ICO that you're joining in.
linkHA

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:23:38 AM

Generally speaking, I would choose to hold these tokens.
Because holding these tokens can have a good return, why not hold them?

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
payjoe93

Activity: 499
Merit: 268

PAYJOE93 DESIGN SERVICE

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 04:36:31 AM

For me, i'll Hold for months. For a few months, i think ICO is going well in exchange. Keep watching price daily. Sell if price is higher 40% than ICO price.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

skorupi17

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:42:19 AM

What is your strategy after participating in an ICO? Do you sell all of the coins immediately or do you hold it for months or years?

Investors have their profit goal when investing in something, in this case it is in an ICO. So as an investor, you should have your specific goal or price bracket when you will sell your coins or tokens. No one really sells immediately because most ICO tokens have a lower market price at the beginning unless the company offers buy backs.

Holding the coin or token for a long time depends on the coin or token. If it has the potential then holding them is a must.
wiro212

Activity: 700
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:53:20 AM

if prices rise from ICO prices are better selling. then wait after bounty hunter sells token if want to buy token again. but if not, it's better to get out of the ICO and choose a different ICO to invest. but it would not hurt if held for a while. maybe the price will go up and you will have enough benefit if the project is good.
Gogochen

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:13:02 AM

I am more inclined to hold because if I invest in this token, it means that I am very bullish on this token, so long-term holding is the best way to do it.
So I prefer to hold rather than short - term high - frequency trading.

Rinaldi11

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:49:29 AM

the only use for your coin is being bought and sold on an exchange, it practically guarantees that the price will crash very soon after the end of the ICO. As such, the campaign will be unlikely to meet interest from the discerning users in the first place. A fundamental problem for any digital token released during an ICO is that it’s going to come under massive speculative pressure as soon as it hits the markets. The only thing which can counteract that, and prevent the token from ending up as a useless gimmick, is a similar level of demand for it. And that demand can only be produced by real utility.
demonic098

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

Ximply for president!!!

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:55:58 AM

If it already had a profit I'll sell it and buy again after the bounty participants dump their holdings Wink. By doing this it increases my holdings on that coin and when it moons i'll take my profit Wink

Buy me a drink ETH: 0xED47aFa721e4228Bf19434aDDB1B79E740822540
erfen

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 05:56:07 AM

Still hodling all my alt coins are ready for the bulls turn
milah_ah

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:00:34 AM

I did not get many coins. I am accumulating them. It does not turn out much, therefore I hold for the future time.
omozie

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:05:26 AM

This is dependent on how you got your coins. If it was in ICO and it hasn't given you profit it is only sensible to leave it till it gets profit before selling. But if it's airdrop or bounties you can very much sell immediately if you don't wanna hold
IamAltcoinfan

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:15:15 AM

No i wont sell immidiatly if it is lesser than ICO price . IF it is greater than ICO price then sell some of teh portion then keep remaining for long term . If it is product based then i will wait for product release once then follow their telegram channel for update about product . Once the working product launches then there will be a huge price variation happens.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
lovly

Activity: 101

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:41:41 AM

After the ICO is over I will hold my coins and not in a hurry to sell them, because I have confidence that the price will continue to rise. and surely I will continue to monitor altcoin growth in exchange.

QUIZANDO ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ QUIZANDO
https://quizando.io/
DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:45:53 AM

Most altcoins from after ICO went up a price within a week after got listed to an exchange so it would be nice to sell those while on a bull run then buy those back when it drops down the price which is lowest from its ICO price. I saw multiple altcoins from ICO, airdrops and bounties that went down the price and getting hard time getting back on track from its original price. Well, it still depends on how dedicated the teams are and how fast will they fulfill those plans on their road map.
chandrarahmadewa

Activity: 308
Merit: 49

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:46:47 AM

hello buddy
We don't know what will happen in the future, I speculate. Most people want to return the proceeds from the investment when first buying the coins. So my strategy is 20% I sell, and 80% I hold the coin.
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:47:15 AM

If the project is good then i definitely like holding for few months for good profits, recent example is Pundi-x and its token npxs, it was very slow and low at start but due to good progress and development from the team recently it has surged in value and has given ico investors 5x already, it is still in good case, i believe if we still hold for about couple more months it can give around 20x to ico investors, so i will suggest to only invest in quality icos and then hold for few months.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
dealung

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:47:42 AM

Surely I will last up to 6 months ahead, if we will immediately buy after the ICO the exact price and if we want to be patient, the price will definitely rise slowly. So I apply for you up to 6 months or 12 months ahead.

limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:23:51 AM

if the price is good I will sell his coins earned from the bonus, to return the capital. but if its price has gone down and far below ico price, then I will buy it back.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:29:41 AM

This depends on how the coins perform when it hit the market and most time I will always decide to keep some coins for some years no matter how there performance because what I think I will gain by holding is far high than selling at the moment. However investing into icos is a very risky investment process and you should study all those icos very well before investing in them. Many people has lose serious in icos investments because of scam.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  All
  Print  

Jump to: