Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:44:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: After ICO What do you do with your coin - HODL or Sell?  (Read 714 times)
BetadiNe

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:34:16 AM

I chose to hold it because usually after ico ends the price will come back down and I think it's better to save it first, and wait for the price to go back up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Drfalcon

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 09:08:08 AM

I just participated an ICO and I am waiting. I will look at the price when it listed at any market. If that give me 2-3X the amount of money I deposit, I will sell. But I do not need the money, I can wait. Undecided.

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
Geleve

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:13:55 AM

I usually prefer to hold at least a few months after it is listed. because during first months there are possible new announcements like better listings, partnerships, releases etc. so I dont like to be out before a good pump.
CriptoNata

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:29:57 AM

Tactics and retention strategy has never failed =) I consider it the most profitable at the moment! HOLD!
altsMlk

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:36:38 AM

All icos are not profitable to sell after the crowdsale. Most time, Token price decrease more than the ico price after the sale. And If there was a bounty program you must hodl your tokens patiently for at least few months.

VIVA NETWORK  *** Introducing borderless, peer to peer mortgage crowdlending.
A better way to buy a home!  *** https://www.vivanetwork.org **
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:41:52 AM

It all really depends on your perception about the particular project/ICO. If you believe in it and think that it has a great potential to dominate the market, then you should hold it, if its all about the hype and the fundamentals are not so good, flipping it would be a safe choice.
dasunlanka

Activity: 120
Merit: 23

Be cool

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 10:29:42 AM

Depend on the project ..if it is good project i will hold it but if it is just for flipping i will sell all the coins...

[ F - A - M - I - L - Y ] Coolest word in the world - Be happy with your Family
crypto_lisbao

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:30:10 AM

Depends from a token.
If I buy it only for speculative reasons I sell it right a way.
If I buy it for a long period then I keep it. Last long position Welltrado.
They just got a deal from Pecunio Fund for 3,000,000 $ - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPdWe94J8ow
akristofor

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:39:22 AM

Of course you should wait when the prise of this coin will be doubled or tripled.
Only in this case you can make a good profit.
I see no point to invest in ICO and then immediately sell your coins. 
Polipog

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:50:22 AM

I'm still holding my coin for now, and it was already listed on forkdelta exchanger but the price is not actually good, so I decided to hold it until another good exchanger accept my KCY coin. Hopefully soon, there were another exchanger who wants to accept my KCY coin and offer high value of price.
traderethereum

Activity: 2870
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 12:34:45 PM

the last time I get the token from the ICO, I sell it for about 75% from the totals amount because I think the price is really good for me to sell and I can take my profit. and my predicting is right because after I sell my coin, the price is getting down and I think it's lower from the price when the ICO still in progress. and I have a plan if the price is still getting down, maybe I will buy back the tokens and then hold for a long time because I am already taking the profit.
Nekroser

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:50:02 PM

I forget about the coin until better times. There's no point in wasting time and monitoring it when you can do more useful things that will bring more profit.
baricuri

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:48:20 PM

I usually prefer to hold at least a few months after it is listed. because during first months there are possible new announcements like better listings, partnerships, releases etc. so I dont like to be out before a good pump.
Most of the time after the end of the ICO, coins are traded for x2 or x3. Few coin drops below the ICO. so be patient. Do not worry too much and you will get value for that patience.

Kocret02

Activity: 1120
Merit: 250

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:50:28 PM

Most of the time after the end of the ICO, coins are traded for x2 or x3. Few coin drops below the ICO. so be patient. Do not worry too much and you will get value for that patience.
it must be patient to wait for coins after ico, because the pump usually akn take place in the next few months. so I think this could be the best choice for investors holder k ico.

Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:46:14 PM

Generally speaking, I would choose to hold these tokens.
Because holding these tokens can have a good return, why not hold them?
Any sane investor will actually choose to hold the tokens no matter what.
Yeah, if you can trade them for more profit, no doubt as you can follow trend to get the best in position in those coins for the long term anyway, but the thing about holding and not selling completely out of such project is for those sweet spikes because one way or the other they always come and those who have been able to enjoy the best from every project in the long term are the holders.
Encelad

Activity: 294
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:51:53 PM

As practice and history showed, the best strategy is still the HODL. Hold it is necessary until the growth of this coin, or until the growth of the entire market.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 06:52:31 PM

For me, i'll Hold for months. For a few months, i think ICO is going well in exchange. Keep watching price daily. Sell if price is higher 40% than ICO price.
One thing for investors is to always monitor the situation of the market as well and not just relax which is one thing I failed to do in my starting years as an investor until I decided to learn a little about long term trades or trend following. Market will always fluctuate, so I use that to build my position in that market for the long run. The more I can hold in the coin, the better as that is the main game.
justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:02:37 PM

What is your strategy after participating in an ICO? Do you sell all of the coins immediately or do you hold it for months or years?

Would love to hear about your opinion.
HODL mate and sell into FOMO to buy back again at the dip because that is a cycle that will always repeat itself and with that I have been able to increase my position in so many of the coins and tokens till date.

The idea basically is not to ever sell at ICO price or something pretty close to it, and who would even be investing in that way. What is important is to get a very sweet profit on what you are holding and wait for as long as you can to get that. I am holding few tokens for months. I am just following their roadmap. I may get disappointment in the end. But, we can see some coins are peaking after some long term waiting. So, expecting profits is the basic one here. Do not rush is the lesson from previous incidents.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
mr.robot8

Activity: 938
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 07:32:04 PM

i personally have my own strategy I sell the half of the token obtained immediately after the end of the ico, to return some expenses and the other half i keep it for a long time hoping that the value will grow over time
k-west

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:37:21 PM

I normally sell all my bounty reward after Ico and then I wait for the next correction to buy the tokens back againg cheaper.This is a good strategy and it perfectly works on the falling market we are having nowdays.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: