Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:30:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: After ICO What do you do with your coin - HODL or Sell?  (Read 714 times)
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:01:34 AM

In the few that I have participated in. You are forced to hold because it takes time after the end of the ICO before being listed on the exchange sites while some are not even listed and you forget about it until when you are only checking your wallet then realise that there are some left overs. Another reason why I hold is because in the project I invest, I believe they will turn out well and holding is a way to support beyond raising fund because dumping by everyone will force the price down while developers are looking for ways to increase the price rather than focusing on achieving the objective of why they set out in the first place.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KEPLER99

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:52:18 AM

If you invest your savings in an ICO then you sure hold it if the price is lower than ICO price. Selling are for bounty participants but it is not tolerated since it could destroy the value of the token implemented by the ICO. For those who hold the tokens please have patience and make your hardwork valuable like the tokens you are trying to dump. Holding for several months could make your earning high once the ICO team are doing well in the development of their project and please consider the ICO that you're joining in.
Indeed. If you have participated in an ICO, never sell your tokens if they are running at a price lower than what you bought for during initial coin offering. In such cases, one must HODL the tokens until he/she is in profit. Bounty participants usually sell their tokens during early period which causes decrease in value of token, therefore tokens must be sold immediately or must be held for atleast 2-3 months to avoid loss and gain some profit out of your investment.
stellgod

Activity: 659
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:15:23 AM

Generally speaking, I would choose to hold these tokens.
Because holding these tokens can have a good return, why not hold them?
True. Holding of some tokens can multiply your investment like nothing other if you have participated in initial coin offering of a good project with hard working development team behind it. Many tokens even give 10X returns in long period of time. One must have patience in such cases and trust in the project. Although there might be some ICO’s in the market that might not show significant growth or even dump to value lower than the ICO value. There are also chances that the ICO is scam and you might have risk of losing your investment. ICO can be said to be a sort of gamble in crypto world.
quanahri

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 08:20:05 AM

I only sell them when it is profitable, depending on the project. 100% or more I will sell
quanahri

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 08:24:13 AM

What is your strategy after participating in an ICO? Do you sell all of the coins immediately or do you hold it for months or years?

Would love to hear about your opinion.
I think I will decide to hold my coin after the ICO ends. I keep the coins down for a year or two. I think it is safer and more profitable than selling all the coins after the ICO ends

exactly. Projects need time to perfect and attract investors when trade on exchange market. So prices could rise sharply after several years. sell soon will regret
nightways

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:42:03 AM

For me, i'll Hold for months. For a few months, i think ICO is going well in exchange. Keep watching price daily. Sell if price is higher 40% than ICO price.
Listing of an ICO token on a well known exchange platform can highly boost the price of the token. For example, many tokens that get listed on Binance exchange get boosted by around 20-60% the very day they are launched. Therefore, one must stay updated on the news and follow the roadmap of the project to know their moves, efforts and upcoming events. Also following the twitter account and joining the telegram group of the project helps stay us updated on the progress.
ginellis

Activity: 85
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:58:42 AM

If you invest your savings in an ICO then you sure hold it if the price is lower than ICO price. Selling are for bounty participants but it is not tolerated since it could destroy the value of the token implemented by the ICO. For those who hold the tokens please have patience and make your hardwork valuable like the tokens you are trying to dump. Holding for several months could make your earning high once the ICO team are doing well in the development of their project and please consider the ICO that you're joining in.
I really do not see reason why anyone should not be investing in an ICO for the sake of selling immediately. Nevertheless, I have been in some ICOs that after it was listed, the price started rolling down pretty fast and even at that, you may need to get into an exchange fast to be able to get out at a good point and buy back lower which I have been lucky sometimes, so it depends on the situation of things anyway.
Ksenia4Ksenia

Activity: 146

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:05:19 AM

I keep the coin after entering the exchange for at least another six months, if it does not make X5. In General, I see recently that the price falls after entering the exchange and you can buy more coins.
Milla Komani

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:11:56 AM

What is your strategy after participating in an ICO? Do you sell all of the coins immediately or do you hold it for months or years?

I think if the price after ICO is increased higher, I will sell for some parts of my tokens to take my money back first and then I will wait what next that will happen with the ICO. I am not selling all of the tokens because if I can get my first-time investment in that projects, I think it's enough for me to wait for a while because I still want to make another profit with them.

Yes, thanks for the information. But I want to add myself from myself, you need to learn how to analyze different ICOs, about the scams, it's better not to trust anyone. Good luck everyone. Smiley Smiley
elemosho.crypto

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:24:09 AM

If I am not in urgent cash, I usually hold it for the time being to understand its condition in market. If its growth possibility seems something positive, I try to hold some more time with steady trade. Else, I think selling is good for the low valued or risky coins.
Trixie28

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:32:14 AM

After ICO I do with my coin is just hold on it and regularly check the updated status prices of token. Sometimes tokens distributed as rewards are sometimes not yet have a value that is why I wait for the time to become listed on an exchange. I sell them if I think I got more than on my border point of how much profits I wanted to earn.
traderethereum

Activity: 2870
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 11:37:28 AM

I think if the price after ICO is increased higher, I will sell for some parts of my tokens to take my money back first and then I will wait what next that will happen with the ICO. I am not selling all of the tokens because if I can get my first-time investment in that projects, I think it's enough for me to wait for a while because I still want to make another profit with them.

Yes, thanks for the information. But I want to add myself from myself, you need to learn how to analyze different ICOs, about the scams, it's better not to trust anyone. Good luck everyone. Smiley Smiley

that is true, it is better we do our own research so we can find the truth and we can know what we need to do with the tokens that we get. I agree that we need to know and learn about how to analyze the ICO so we can find a good ICO that match with what we want and we can also know which ICO that will bring a big profit for us.
Aminmon

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:02:47 PM

A quick sale, in my opinion, is the best strategy.
Even though some of the items will have a relatively large increase in the future, most of the ICO items will be the highest price when they are traded on the exchange.

waldocarter

Activity: 378

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:05:22 PM

We all participate in the ICO in order to earn. And of course the coin does not always enter the market with the price that we expect. Therefore, you need to build on the price. But anyway, I hold the coins to an imitation at least 2-3 times.

Gonzo1977

Activity: 87

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:08:30 PM

It all depends if it is a good coin, or a coin that I believe it is a good coin then I HODL for a while to see the overall sentiment of the market, if the sentiment is good then I hold further, but if I see that the Team is encountering serious issues, I sell at least a portion and hold the rest.       
Fritz93

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:33:12 PM

I hold the coins, and I will keep them at least until the end of the year. Now the market is falling and selling at an unprofitable price, I do not see the point. Therefore, we hold and wait for the growth of the market ..
Dondont

Activity: 446
Merit: 12

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 02:56:25 PM

actually it depends on how the team of the ICO project after ICO is done, and also the development and the effort that they do to make their coin better.
if every week, there is always an update then the ICO is worthy for HOLD, but if otherwise the case, then better selling then played for other projects

Sulwan2612

Activity: 112
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:33:20 PM

It's all depend of the coins price,  if I think the price is good for me I will sell it,  but if the price is not so good to sell,  I think it's better if I hold it for a couple times,  but this is not a fix condition,  if there is an emergency situation that push me up to sell my coins,  I will sell to use it for solve my emergency problem,  it's all depend on situation and condition,  cause I always use a priority scale in my life,  I'm sure everybody has their own priority scale
nemagia

Activity: 228

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:38:34 PM

Monero I still keep in my portfolio, but basically after the release on the exchange these tokens are going through not the best time and almost all are falling in price. And then everything depends on the updates and the project team, without the coin, it does not cost anything.
Davidovic6648

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 07:24:33 AM

If after the ICO and its been listed and of course the price as well is quite enticing, I will sell but if otherwise, I am holding for sure... Who doesn't want to hit it big from the sales of tokens because I don't want to regret later.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: