Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:04:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: After ICO What do you do with your coin - HODL or Sell?  (Read 714 times)
fiorilia

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:39:50 AM

If it's a large and potentially ICO for success then don't be in a rush to sell and wait for the huge valuation in order to enter the market soared. But if only ICO mediocrity I think soon sell before prices fall further. so this certainly depends on the success and whether the new ICO decision.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hector3115

Activity: 481
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:00:39 AM

What is your strategy after participating in an ICO? Do you sell all of the coins immediately or do you hold it for months or years?

Would love to hear about your opinion.

I can say that if I would hold my tokens from ICO for years probably I will be the poorest person on the stage, because most of icos are dying in 10 months from ICO releasing, so not all of the coins are good for a long term.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
iSasuke

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:01:55 AM

Personally I only invest in ICOs that I trust. So hodl, and wait for moon
dididou

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:15:42 AM

What is your strategy after participating in an ICO? Do you sell all of the coins immediately or do you hold it for months or years?

It depends on what kind of Coin it is. If it has potential, I will let him stay in my wallet and get more profit. If it is just a brief rise, I will sell it in time and not let my own funds shrink!
apitico

Activity: 571
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:04:27 PM

The best solution now is to store tokens in the long term. Now almost every project releases its tokens to the Exchange at a low price, so it makes no sense to sell them immediately.

chocochild

Activity: 72

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:07:07 PM

Wait for everything to be on place. The price will rise soon if the project is good. Depends in how you obtained the token, if you invested you better must hold.
iamsk

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:12:49 PM

After Ico I do not sell my coins I hold patiently and wait for right time to sell & the right time is my target when I invest in any ico I set targets to sell on that point and when my coin touch that price I sell them in parts. That's it hope this helps for new traders as they sell everything in 1 part but I Must suggest you need to sell atleast in 2 or 3 parts to gain more profit.
billbear

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:16:57 PM

As for me I am trying to hold my coils approximately for a month after I would get them, because I know that usually the price is dumped after the ICO and wait wait for them to recover.
HouruSinkara

Activity: 157

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:24:12 PM

In the market that  have now, I think absolutely the best solution will be to keep all the coins. With such a strong fall, you can not make a lot of money on your coins

mullzerwar

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:45:38 PM

Well, first of all, we should know what concept and idea brought by the ICO, does it have the product. If yes, think to hold it. Second, think of the price after listing in exchange and think of the exchange itself. If it is worthy, wait for holding. I sometimes will sell the coins easily after the ICO. But, some coins are saved securely for more than 2 years.
milah_ah

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:03:00 PM

I do not keep coins and try to sell them. But it depends on the situation. The market does not inspire confidence now, it goes down. So I left the coins in my wallet.
Adamant06

Activity: 161
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:16:12 PM

I do not keep coins and try to sell them. But it depends on the situation. The market does not inspire confidence now, it goes down. So I left the coins in my wallet.
Mostly for me it depends also on the situation in the market after an ICO project. I can say it depends because there are some ICO project that failed to succeed, and waiting for everything on place is a good idea. Sell if you think the price is right and HODL if not.
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:25:59 PM

I'll do it entirely depending on the project quality. I am investing if I think the project is of good quality with my initial researches and then I follow all the developments in ICO process. If I encounter any negativity in this process or if I notice a bad situation, I definitely do not wait for a long time, but if I notice positive results in this process, I do not make early sales and wait for the best selling time.
Brat ipoh

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:07:46 PM

if its price exceed ico price then I will not think twice to sell it but if its price still far from ico price then I prefer to hold.
Diablesfunis

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:10:30 PM

You invest in ico because you believe the project will be great so holding the coin for a few years is the right thing to do, but because of the last bullrun people always want to flip so selling your coin after ico became the norm. Right now in bear market you can't do it anymore because most of the coin/token price will take a beating on exchange so you should hold.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
mindfly09

Activity: 405

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:38:47 PM

After ICO i will hold my coins, even if how long that it takes, and wait for the price will be higher. I think holding coins for a long time will have a high profit. When the price is much higher then that was the time i decided to sell. Its much better if we hold or keep our coins first before we sell after the ICO. Even ih i dont know if what may the price of coins wait patiently.
tuanta

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:49:02 PM

In my opinion, each person will have their own tactics, personally, after the ICO on the exchange I will sell the capital retain interest, and if the growth is strong, good news, I hold
atutay

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:53:02 AM

based from my observation, most ICO tokens are dumped immedately after it was distributed and got listed on a market. if you are not that confident with the ico that you joined. you can sell it
iBlitz22

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:14:35 AM

For me, like what I am actually doing right now is that I am holding the tokens that I received from the past ICO that I joined before. As of now, I am hodling it for almost 2 months and so far the price is still going up. But it actually depends if the project will have a potential in the future.
DanWalker

Activity: 1932
Merit: 544

We are all the pieces of what we remember.

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 06:11:06 PM

It all depends on the overall market situation and the particular asset. It's pointless to sell tokens right away if the market grows. But if the market falls it is much better to sell everything at once, because the price will continue to fall in future.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███