Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:38:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: After ICO What do you do with your coin - HODL or Sell?  (Read 714 times)
kjnfmplm

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 04:31:14 PM

For me, I would hold it for a year. Or less than a year. Because, I am hoping that it would increase again in December like it did last year. Even if the increase isn't as much as it, I hope that the price would then be 15k$ per Bitcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:37:15 PM

I think if you've got the coin you invested from ico and and the coin is falling price then all you can do is wait until the price goes back up and you do not lose.
chadtn

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:26:18 PM

If I like and believe in a project long term I usually sell half on double (to get my money back) and let the rest fly or die (risk-free bag).
Works fine for me.

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
To88wer

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 02:56:04 AM

in the event that you offer it directly after conveyance you will just get your installment at bring down cost, most abundance would dump the cost by offering it specifically even with lower than ICO cost. I think its not worth of your effort...i might want to pause, hold and see the inquiring as to whether the token has been recorded on trades. it may require long investment to hold your coin yet you will take more profit for your understanding. particularly when the stage of ICO propelled and the asking cost will rise quickly.
sundul

Activity: 152

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:00:23 AM

Better I sell coins directly when already logged in Exchange. Because if the coin I hold longer be getting down the value of its price. And when coins have entered the Exchange will certainly be many people who sell coins which they hold.
thiemthang

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:02:09 AM

What is your strategy after participating in an ICO? Do you sell all of the coins immediately or do you hold it for months or years?

Would love to hear about your opinion.
I sell the card to get back the money. In addition to profitability, I would consider the situation to decide whether to keep it or sell it or not. Usually I would sell half of the interest, keeping half of the interest
dedi joni

Activity: 386
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:04:01 AM

After ico done I have to wait for the token I get listed on stock trades, and it usually takes a long time, then we must hold our token ico until registered. If the later is already registered we just see if the price is appropriate or not, if appropriate and have luckily I'll sell some and the rest will keep my hold.
kvipcn

Activity: 255
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 03:09:22 AM

What is your strategy after participating in an ICO? Do you sell all of the coins immediately or do you hold it for months or years?

Well for me, i mostly hodl for sometime and later sell them for either Ethereum or Bitcoin. The maximum duration I had hodl an altcoin was for three months and later sold them for Bitcoin. But the best is to hodl for at least two to three months .....
Natalia200

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:53:20 PM

It all depends on the bounty in some cases it is worth to sell immediately, and in some support for a long time. It all depends on the technologies and developers of the project, how they develop
kang_kung

Activity: 111

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:01:43 PM

I mainly HODL it till it hit some notable point in the roadmap. Unless there was a bad sign in that ICO, I won't sell it.
Favouredhart
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:56:54 PM

Once you are opportuned to get involve in a good ico, the best bet is to hold your coin,because the value of the coin will rise atleast x2. So my opinion is to hold and wait for the rise
doge_shit666

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:59:09 PM

After carefully selecting projects to participate in investment. After the ICO, I did not hurry to sell those electronic coins but would keep them. Certainly after being traded, their prices will rise a lot.
justsimpleram

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 02:14:38 PM

My first ICO is monetize coin this coin is one of the greatest ICO that I buy. Because when I buy this coin I just hold in a month then I sell it and I earn so much I just invest 40$ then I sell it and I earn a total of 200$. So for me if you buy ICO hold it for a while then sell it when the price pump up.
lionheart89

Activity: 350
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 02:16:46 PM

I chose to hold it for months. My target is when I have achieved a profit of 25% of the amount of investment I will sell.
bitcoinpeople2

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:41:30 AM

I hold the coins for as long as it takes for me to get to the price target at which I have set to make to make the amount of profit that I want to make. But if I don't think the project will make it far then I sell the coins.
tredingaltec

Activity: 770

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 11:43:54 AM

I waited for the project first if after the project was launched or the product launched was less attractive to people, I would sell the tokens I got.
niteroy

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:19:58 PM

Better I sell coins directly when already logged in Exchange. Because if the coin I hold longer be getting down the value of its price. And when coins have entered the Exchange will certainly be many people who sell coins which they hold.
The fact that coins may become cheaper after the end of the ICO and entering the stock exchange is quite a natural process. At this point, selling coins does not make sense, because you do not get financial profit. Usually you need to wait about a year until the moment when the team will launch the project and release the finished product, which was collected funds during the ICO. Then you can talk about the demand for coins of the project.
GERMO COIN

Activity: 406

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:24:47 PM

if I personally would definitely wait first the price of the coin increased, at least giving me a profit of 10% if it had increased then I would sell it.

abuhazzan

Activity: 72

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 05:17:58 PM

If the coin has got a lot of potentials, then its highly advisable to hold. Who knows, the value could skyrocket beyond imagination

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Guider.travel  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jahepahit

Activity: 866

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 05:46:35 PM

I once joined a number of IOs and I usually sell when prices are above ico prices and then return when there is a big dump from the bounty participants then wait until the coins enter the larger market

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: