Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:19:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold your keys vs money on exchanges  (Read 416 times)
Sony.UK

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:38:39 AM

If you are looking for long term investment better send your coins to concerned wallets in order to protect them but if you are short term trader better keep all security measures in the exchange. Private keys are best because it will be in our control to protect them.

Long time or instantly keep the fund on private key secured wallets mate. Here and there people are looking to make profit with trading. So you are professional trader that time you can invest your trading and keep fund over there mate.
If you are doing trading all the time also you should check with the wallet every time and take the fund from it occasionally.

sensei

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:10:12 PM

This is the cock-a-hoop quandary of centralized barter, where you cannot control your portfolio with black concealed keys.
riaruhs09

Activity: 184
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:19:51 AM

The veteran people on crypto tend to say that you should keep your coins in your wallet, never on exchages. However if there is a strong downwards movement on a coin and you want to sell to buy latter at a cheaper price it may take quite a bit of time and fees to move it. What is the right strategy?
saving a coin in a personal wallet is a safe place to exchange, but I usually do this when I intend to keep my token in the long run and ignore the pump and dump. but if I intend to short term then the exchange will probably be an option.

Locotoni

Activity: 490
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:42:55 AM

The veteran people on crypto tend to say that you should keep your coins in your wallet, never on exchages. However if there is a strong downwards movement on a coin and you want to sell to buy latter at a cheaper price it may take quite a bit of time and fees to move it. What is the right strategy?

They think so, because in 2016-2017 many exchange was hacked.

But

If you want hold - you don't need exchange.  Hold on exchange is bad thing.

If you want trade in short term, you want legit exchange. And now is a lot of great exchange's.
CryptoPowerL

Activity: 358
Merit: 29

ASO Service

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:46:59 AM

I keep the currency on my wallet only that I do not plan to sell. If the market is bullish on currency, then you have to keep it on the exchange
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: