Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:08:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Titan Bitcoin - Silver 1 oz coin is now available  (Read 7418 times)
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:44:30 PM

These coins are awesome looking, I'll be placing my order very soon.
TitanBTC (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 07:20:33 PM

Credit card ordering is back.  

We battled and negotiated with FIVE different banks/merchant account underwriters before landing on one with the best rates and terms, so please appreciate that the price markup you see at checkout when selecting to pay with a credit/debit card represents the lowest we could find at this time.  

We'll be looking to leverage our good standing to lower the rates in the future.

shadallion

Activity: 304
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:18:19 PM

Would love it if you could somehow implement a BIP32 encryption into this.
TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 09:43:35 PM

Can you elaborate on how you're thinking this would be implemented? 

We don't currently have need to generate public/private keys from our servers, as we use cold storage for all BTC that is used to fund our coins, so I'm not sure that the secure deterministic public key generation BIPS32 offers would help us, but I'm honestly not up to speed on the latest protocol updates. 

What are the problems you're hoping to address and what are you envisioning the solution to look like?

takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:29:57 PM

Can you elaborate on how you're thinking this would be implemented? 

We don't currently have need to generate public/private keys from our servers, as we use cold storage for all BTC that is used to fund our coins, so I'm not sure that the secure deterministic public key generation BIPS32 offers would help us, but I'm honestly not up to speed on the latest protocol updates. 

What are the problems you're hoping to address and what are you envisioning the solution to look like?

I think It stop's you from tracking all the coins you've sold, and after selling 2-5000 you run a script to cash them all and zero them and F off.

Not to say you would. But extra level's of security allow us to buy a coin we KNOW is safe and you have no way to running off with.

Again not saying oyu would. but if TF has shown us anything.. Anyone can screw off lol.

Hell just imagine the money Cas. would have if he did this Cheesy

BTW. Marked you off, I will but at least one in the new year, when will gold be out!?!?!
o3u

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

Money comes, money goes

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:20:23 AM

We battled and negotiated with FIVE different banks/merchant account underwriters before landing on one with the best rates and terms, so please appreciate that the price markup you see at checkout when selecting to pay with a credit/debit card represents the lowest we could find at this time.  

We'll be looking to leverage our good standing to lower the rates in the future.

Want to buy some and send to an address in florida, but pay one part in BTC, and another with credit card, can we do that?
TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 03:36:12 AM

I think It stop's you from tracking all the coins you've sold, and after selling 2-5000 you run a script to cash them all and zero them and F off.

Not to say you would. But extra level's of security allow us to buy a coin we KNOW is safe and you have no way to running off with.

Again not saying oyu would. but if TF has shown us anything.. Anyone can screw off lol.

BTW. Marked you off, I will but at least one in the new year, when will gold be out!?!?!

We're looking at late January for the 1 oz. gold coins.

We track coin ownership for our 2-factor coins as a security/anti-counterfeiting measure.  We're working on making ownership tracking decentralized, but we haven't come up with a good way to make this product "trust-free".  I'm certainly open to suggestions on that topic. We've explored a few ideas, but its likely there will always be some aspect of our products that involve some trust on the part of customers. 

I don't know Trade Fortress, so I can't comment on the inputs.io fiasco.  I'd like to believe he had good intentions to start, but he also had a reason to stay anonymous.  We're definitely NOT anonymous.  If Mike Caldwell stole everyone's BTC, I would expect he would be arrested, tried and jailed for theft, no? 

TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 03:43:07 AM

Want to buy some and send to an address in florida, but pay one part in BTC, and another with credit card, can we do that?

That's tricky but we can probably make it work.  Could you send an email to sales@titanbtc.com and give them the details of what you're looking for?  They can make up a custom invoice for you. 

Fair warning, though.  We had some stolen credit card purchase attempts (as we expected) and as a result, for the next month or so, we'll need to ship to the billing address associated with the credit card. 

Sorry for the inconvenience there.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 05:45:13 AM

We're looking at late January for the 1 oz. gold coins.

We track coin ownership for our 2-factor coins as a security/anti-counterfeiting measure.  We're working on making ownership tracking decentralized, but we haven't come up with a good way to make this product "trust-free".  I'm certainly open to suggestions on that topic. We've explored a few ideas, but its likely there will always be some aspect of our products that involve some trust on the part of customers. 

I don't know Trade Fortress, so I can't comment on the inputs.io fiasco.  I'd like to believe he had good intentions to start, but he also had a reason to stay anonymous.  We're definitely NOT anonymous.  If Mike Caldwell stole everyone's BTC, I would expect he would be arrested, tried and jailed for theft, no? 

he could theoretically have keys to several >7000 BTC -  more then enough to run away to belize

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Fila Ford

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:36:53 PM

oh these sure do look pretty

i think my hubby is going to have to buy me one soon  Kiss
Todamont

Activity: 604
Merit: 273

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:41:16 PM

Any chance of getting some of these "unloaded"? I'm building a collection of physical bitcoins and I'd like to add yours, but don't want to tie up any actual bitcoin value in them right now...
AFox

Activity: 539
Merit: 517

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:27:16 AM

I was interested in your coins, but when I saw how to redeem them I changed my mind : http://www.titanbtc.com/redeem/
If someone wants to redeem their coins they need to use your website Embarrassed On long-term it's not a good idea; you can disappear for any reason and our BTC get frozen.

Are you going to make a series of coins with the private key directly written underneath the hologram ?

My lucky BTC address : 1LoTTerY3WYbGxVRHvh8oDudDdTxFvvqWF
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 01:48:57 AM

They sell coins in the CASASCIUS style with the private key attached to the coin.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
AFox

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:46:43 AM

They sell coins in the CASASCIUS style with the private key attached to the coin.
They don't. This is what's under the hologram :

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:21:28 PM

whut?  Shocked

I just receive my 2 goldalloy coins yesterday and they look great (1 is a little looser in the airtite and rattles, but its not much of an issue). I ordered the privatekey style (rather than 2FA) and am/was expecting a full privatekey under the hologram, like with a casascius.

can you please clarify what is under my hologram? If its just the firstbits like shown above

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 03:27:31 PM

I'm sorry it's not more clear on the website, but we do sell coins with the full 30-digit private key included.  

There's an option to select whether you want a private key version or a 2FA version of the coin on the product page before you add the coin to your cart.  See the product page, right underneath the price.

https://www.titanbtc.com/product/titan-one/

I'll get someone working on making that clearer on the website today.

(img)

TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 03:30:20 PM

Here's a few pictures of a private key coin being redeemed.

https://www.titanbtc.com/how-to-redeem-private-key-titan-bitcoins/

AFox

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:44:58 PM

I'm sorry it's not more clear on the website, but we do sell coins with the full 30-digit private key included.  
[...]
I'll get someone working on making that clearer on the website today.
Ok, I tought that it was for any version, not only the 2 factor version.
You should make it clear on your redeem page and put the procedure for each versions; 1. Redeem 2 factor version; 2. Redeem Private key version

How many Titan One Silver 2013 do you have left ?

nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 04:21:51 PM

I received my Titan One Silver today, thanks so much - it is so shiny and beautiful!

Great service.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
luke.watson

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:23:25 PM

Two questions :

1) As you're selling to for USD do you not have to be a money transmitter?
Not sure if you already are one Smiley

2) Do you take BTC and what is the shipping to the UK?

Thanks
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: