Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:08:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Titan Bitcoin - Silver 1 oz coin is now available  (Read 7418 times)
TitanBTC (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 07:09:08 PM

Two questions :

1) As you're selling to for USD do you not have to be a money transmitter?
Not sure if you already are one Smiley

2) Do you take BTC and what is the shipping to the UK?

Thanks

In answer to your first question, the short answer is yes we're registered. 

The longer answer is that FinCEN just isn't really sure what to do in our case.  They originally asked us to register as a currency exchange, and then we revised it to a money transmitter.  Because we can clearly show that we're not transferring money from person A to person B, we don't fall under the traditional definition of a money transmitter but it's a bit complex for the average FinCEN employee to understand, so we're erring on the side of compliance for now.  We're registered and complying with AML/KYC policies as needed. 

In answer to your second question, yes we take BTC and first-class shipping is free worldwide.  USPS priority is $25 (select international express for the shipping option at checkout).

btcmars

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:49:30 PM

Hi,

I'm interested in your silver coins, how many do you have left ? Can you prove that you'll only make 1000 coins for 2013 edition ?

Thanks.
hephaist0s

Activity: 711
Merit: 532

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 10:36:50 PM

Received my silver Titan One a few days ago, and it is much more striking than the "goldine" version. There's a reason people have loved silver for such a long time... the heavier weight and larger size are nice, too. Great stuff -- thanks!

So, the true-gold one is coming... soon? Because I think I'm hooked.

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 11:15:19 PM

Hi,

I'm interested in your silver coins, how many do you have left ? Can you prove that you'll only make 1000 coins for 2013 edition ?

Thanks.

We've already made the production run of 1,000 for 2013 on the Silver coins.  That die is decommissioned.  We're engraving the dies for the 2014 edition now.  We got a late start on selling the Silver coins and they didn't start shipping until December 6th, so we still have around 750 left in the 2013 edition.  We will sell those until they're gone (Probably February or March if I had to guess).

Each coin comes with a certificate of authenticity that shows its edition number, and we're going to be adding the edition number to the coin ID page shortly.  We'll be publishing a tally of the total number of coins produced for each edition.

TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 11:24:34 PM

Received my silver Titan One a few days ago, and it is much more striking than the "goldine" version. There's a reason people have loved silver for such a long time... the heavier weight and larger size are nice, too. Great stuff -- thanks!

So, the true-gold one is coming... soon? Because I think I'm hooked.

Nice picture!

Yes, the 1 oz. gold coins are in production now.  They are about the same diameter as the "Goldine" coin but are thicker with engraving on the coins edge that states the weight and purity.  The first batch of gold coins will be ready to ship by late January.

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 01:32:51 AM

Amazing work Tim.  Amazing.
waqas

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:44:27 PM

a great work done by you I will try this in near future  Smiley

luke.watson

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:57:56 PM

Got my 1oz silver round today

Very quick delivery (states to the UK in about a week) well packaged and very professional. If I had the BTC I would certainly order again

Thanks, a very beautiful coin
BigBitz

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 05:08:12 PM

I just wanted to add my 0.02 to this thread.

Tim, from Titan, is an excellent customer focused "Merchant" [not sure if that phrase is right] or Seller, whichever you prefer... Vendor etc.

anyways - my experience with Titan/Tim has been nothing short of brilliant. I'll let you in on a little story...

I bought my two Titans [1 alu and 1 silver] from a good friend of mine. He sent them and they got "lost" in the post... Tim actually stepped in and offered two, free of charge, new coins -- unfunded, of course, but the sentiment was one I was very pleased with.

In the end they turned up and we didn't need to have Titan reship the coins but it showed the consideration that Tim has for his customers.

Tips BTC --> 1BS2sYvy3T1cpNhie6CVFMcUrHa84a8mPa <-- Thanks! || Tips [LTC] --> LaytYJNCha7z7zcws5a2o2GWWjvWfDCGkr <--
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 05:12:38 PM

Hey,

I'd like to buy 5-10 of the coins, I just have a question.

Mike Caldwell explained many times his process for generating private keys and the limited people involved in getting the keys on the coins.

I've personally seen the process, and pretty confident that in 10 years no one will be able to steal my keys, including Mike himself. He is also a well known member of the community for a long time.

What is your process like? Do you retain copies of the keys? Who is involved?

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 12:33:43 AM

I just wanted to add my 0.02 to this thread.

Tim, from Titan, is an excellent customer focused "Merchant" [not sure if that phrase is right] or Seller, whichever you prefer... Vendor etc.

anyways - my experience with Titan/Tim has been nothing short of brilliant. I'll let you in on a little story...

I bought my two Titans [1 alu and 1 silver] from a good friend of mine. He sent them and they got "lost" in the post... Tim actually stepped in and offered two, free of charge, new coins -- unfunded, of course, but the sentiment was one I was very pleased with.

In the end they turned up and we didn't need to have Titan reship the coins but it showed the consideration that Tim has for his customers.

Thanks BigBitz!

We've had a handful of coins either lost or stolen in the mail so yours definitely wasn't the first.  (South America seems to have an especially high difficulty with delivering mail).  Anyway, that's why we ship the coins unfunded, so that when they don't turn up we can send out a replacement with no questions asked.

TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 12:34:26 AM

Got my 1oz silver round today

Very quick delivery (states to the UK in about a week) well packaged and very professional. If I had the BTC I would certainly order again

Thanks, a very beautiful coin

Glad you like it, Luke!

TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 01:00:40 AM

Hey,

Mike Caldwell explained many times his process for generating private keys and the limited people involved in getting the keys on the coins.

I've personally seen the process, and pretty confident that in 10 years no one will be able to steal my keys, including Mike himself. He is also a well known member of the community for a long time.

Great question.  We recently added a much needed update to the security page on our website with a bit more detail about that very issue. 

https://www.titanbtc.com/titan-bitcoin-security/

I'm summarizing it here, but basically we're as paranoid as Mike is about the handling of those keys.  We print private keys in batches of a few hundred, on demand as the coins are manufactured. They go straight from the printer to being placed underneath the holograms and they're printed and assembled in a room that's access controlled and under video surveillance. 

The computers and printers that print the codes are permanently offline.  Hard drives are securely wiped after each printing (we usually do batches of private key coins 2-3 times a week) and we follow a procedure for clearing the memory on the printers as well. 

With that said, we're working towards implementing a more automated 2-of-3 key system for the coins that should address some of the security concerns with having a third-party like us handling private keys. 

For our 2-factor authenticated coins, we handle cold storage on our customers' behalf and we DO have access to the private keys for those coins.  IN return for that trust that owners place in us, we are able to verify a coins authenticity and identify counterfeit coins when they are scanned as well as provide extra services.  For example, one customer lost his coin in a movie theater.  The "new owner" contacted us to see about registering the coin.  Long story short, we were able to reunite the coin with its rightful owner.   

Anyway, we're trying to meet the needs of a wide spectrum of bitcoin users with different concerns and requirements.  If we're leaving anyone out, I'm happy to look into how we can adapt to serve this community.  I was an early bitcoin evangelist and this business is an extension of that drive.

TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 01:11:17 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2014, 03:19:32 AM by TitanBTC

Quick apology to our Non-American buyers that are wanting to use credit cards.  We've had to enable a more strict card verification system and I'm afraid many overseas customers will have their cards declined as a result.

We can all thank the scammers in France for this one.  I hope they read this, because THEY'RE the reason we can't have nice things.  

If you really want/need to pay with a credit card and are willing to do a little more identity confirmation, email sales@titanbtc.com.  After jumping through a few hoops, we can key in your card manually.  

carry on.

TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 01:12:38 AM

Amazing work Tim.  Amazing.

That's high praise coming from a discerning gentleman such as yourself, Cypher.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 02:18:52 AM

Bought a few of these from a friend (probably the same guy as BigBitz) and have to agree with everyone else about these coins...they are amazing.  Keep up the good work guys..looking forward for more coins in the future.
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:09:48 AM

When will the gold coin come out?
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 04:53:00 AM

Hey,

Great question.  We recently added a much needed update to the security page on our website with a bit more detail about that very issue. 

https://www.titanbtc.com/titan-bitcoin-security/

I'm summarizing it here, but basically we're as paranoid as Mike is about the handling of those keys.  We print private keys in batches of a few hundred, on demand as the coins are manufactured. They go straight from the printer to being placed underneath the holograms and they're printed and assembled in a room that's access controlled and under video surveillance. 

The computers and printers that print the codes are permanently offline.  Hard drives are securely wiped after each printing (we usually do batches of private key coins 2-3 times a week) and we follow a procedure for clearing the memory on the printers as well. 

With that said, we're working towards implementing a more automated 2-of-3 key system for the coins that should address some of the security concerns with having a third-party like us handling private keys. 

For our 2-factor authenticated coins, we handle cold storage on our customers' behalf and we DO have access to the private keys for those coins.  IN return for that trust that owners place in us, we are able to verify a coins authenticity and identify counterfeit coins when they are scanned as well as provide extra services.  For example, one customer lost his coin in a movie theater.  The "new owner" contacted us to see about registering the coin.  Long story short, we were able to reunite the coin with its rightful owner.   

Anyway, we're trying to meet the needs of a wide spectrum of bitcoin users with different concerns and requirements.  If we're leaving anyone out, I'm happy to look into how we can adapt to serve this community.  I was an early bitcoin evangelist and this business is an extension of that drive.

Small detail, but the video isn't high enough definition to make out any part of the private key by chance is it?
TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 11:27:34 PM

When will the gold coin come out?

We've got the 1 oz. Gold coins now.  Unfortunately, we're having to do smaller runs than we originally thought and the first ones were sold out before we even got the blanks in our shop.  The refinery doing these for us is pretty slow (it took 4 months to get the tooling ready) so if you'd like to reserve one of the Gold coins from the next batch, email sales@titanbtc.com or PM me ASAP. 

Until we can speed up production of our 1 oz. Gold blanks, delivery will take about 4 weeks, depending on where you live.  I expect we'll have this supply crunch resolved by the end of March.  I wish we could speed things up, but they're worth the wait.

TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 11:30:21 PM

Do you sell the 1 OZ. silver coins UNLOADED?

We don't sell unloaded coins at the moment, though you should be able to find some on ebay/craigslist/ classifieds from owners that have redeemed the coins.  Only a handful of silver coins have been redeemed, but we have seen them for sale out there.   

We're planning on releasing self-funded coins later in 2014, using a multi-signature address and private key system.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: