Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:18:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Delete the Active Mining Thread in favor of just using Ken's announcement thread?  (Voting closed: December 19, 2013, 02:27:18 AM)
Yes, delete the Active Mining Thread, there is no useful info in it. - 29 (74.4%)
No, I find the Active Mining thread useful and gain valuable information from it. - 10 (25.6%)
Total Voters: 39

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should we just delete the Active Mining Thread?  (Read 3700 times)
arousedrhino (OP)

Activity: 347
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:27:18 AM

Hello,

The Active Mining thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297503.5600 has become useless. All that is posted is Cumbs, VE, and LabKen(VE) talking amongst themselves with no discussion on the actual topic. It become so bad that getting information from the thread is not possible. The only way to get information is by following Ken's posts in the Announcement Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297543.msg3445996#msg3445996.

Since that is the only way we can get useful information I would like to make a motion that the Active Mining thread be deleted.
  • It would allow Ken to not read bullshit everyday
  • The mods would not have to waste their time daily deleting posts in the thread, which does nothing to actually keep it clean Cumbs and VE don't care and will keep posting until banned.
  • The Active Mining thread gives Active Mining a poor reputation since its just a bunch of little school girls wining all day long. This likely impacts our sales and potential future profitability.
  • We can get regular updates in the announcements thread.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:30:46 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 03:30:47 AM by crumbs

Delete EVERYTHING!!! Cheesy
Have a YES, OP

Edit:  I think deleting the thread will be a win for all of us.  As long as i don't have to see or hear about this failure, you are all free to do as you like Smiley
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:41:40 AM

Or you could utilize the ignore function
arousedrhino (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:49:05 AM

I do, it looks like:

faizaa123

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:16:25 AM

no, because once that's gone, so is the idea that i'll ever see my shares of this skeleton company again.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:44:29 AM

Why do you think we have such choice?

arousedrhino (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:57:53 AM

no, because once that's gone, so is the idea that i'll ever see my shares of this skeleton company again.
I'm not really sure what you mean by that, Ken is actively working on the project and there is an announcements thread where all the useful information is. Does Bitcointalk going down also mean you will never see your shares again? I think by your logic that is a true  statement.
arousedrhino (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:59:27 AM

Whats the context of this statement, was it a response to faizaa123 or to my original poll post? Thanks for clarifying.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:14:13 AM

Whats the context of this statement, was it a response to faizaa123 or to my original poll post? Thanks for clarifying.

Sorry, to OP.

arousedrhino (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:34:55 AM

Sorry, to OP.

Thanks

To answer:

The moderators on the forum have the power to delete the thread, but I am sure they will not exercise it unless absolutely necessary. By creating a poll and getting peoples opinions about the ActM thread out in the open I hope to convince a moderator or Ken that the ActM thread is useless and is a waste of time for anyone to attempt to maintain and thus the entire thread should be deleted or at the very least locked so we can keep the pertinent information if someone chooses to search through it.
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:43:58 AM

You might find this funny. But recently Ken actually Locked the thread and shut it down for a good 30minutes or so after he and VE got in a fight. He then unlocked it, closing the thread is not a smart idea. We will then see dozen of posts about "What happened to AcTM??? Why is the thread locked? Omg Ken scammed us?!?!?!?!?!"

Keep it open, use the ignore button and stop complaining because you have to scroll through a few pages when you have big money tied up into shit. People need to stop being lazy. "Omg but Crumbs won't stop posting!! I feel like I'm gonna die!" So many god damn cry babies on this forum man.
zefyr0s

Activity: 245

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:18:03 AM

There are other communities where we have the power to more effectively silence public squabbles.

Check out #activemining on chat.freenode.net on IRC or http://www.reddit.com/r/activemining on reddit.
arousedrhino (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:36:15 AM

You might find this funny. But recently Ken actually Locked the thread and shut it down for a good 30minutes or so after he and VE got in a fight. He then unlocked it, closing the thread is not a smart idea. We will then see dozen of posts about "What happened to AcTM??? Why is the thread locked? Omg Ken scammed us?!?!?!?!?!"

Keep it open, use the ignore button and stop complaining because you have to scroll through a few pages when you have big money tied up into shit. People need to stop being lazy. "Omg but Crumbs won't stop posting!! I feel like I'm gonna die!" So many god damn cry babies on this forum man.

We see those posts daily in the thread repeated over and over again. Are you going to pay the mods to keep it open? Someone has to prune the thread and quite frankly its a waste of their time and Ken's whenever they have to perform that task. (Time == Money) I have most of the people on ignore, it would be nice though to refresh the thread and not see "user is ignored" for an entire page of just Crumbs, VE, and LabKen talking to themselves. How is that helpful to anyone? Its not laziness its just annoying to have school kids whine and investor questions overlooked amidst all the personal battles being fought in the ActM thread.

babybonobo

Activity: 278

#hardworkpaysoff

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:52:15 AM

The thread should stay unless Ken decides it should go.  IMO a new one should be made that's easier to read through, but the old should be preserved for the record.  Things are looking good for ActiveMining come end of first quarter 2014...trading will also resume with many of the other stocks and we will finally see the public deployment of Colored Coins, which IMO, will spur exponential growth in most viable BTC stocks.

I'm just holdin' onto my trousers, cause 'dis gun b gud!
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:57:47 AM

>Active Miners want to delete a crappy thread.
>Start another crappy thread to do it.

D00ds, this thread sux.  Could you start another thread about deleting this one?

damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:03:03 AM

Crumbs had an informal warning yesterday as well, so I would think he will be on his best behavior for now on.

Although it would be fun to see him have a temp ban. 
faizaa123

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:25:55 AM

There are other communities where we have the power to more effectively silence public squabbles.

Check out #activemining on chat.freenode.net on IRC or http://www.reddit.com/r/activemining on reddit.

didn't know these exist.
thank you for that!
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 12:28:26 PM

We see those posts daily in the thread repeated over and over again. Are you going to pay the mods to keep it open? Someone has to prune the thread and quite frankly its a waste of their time and Ken's whenever they have to perform that task. (Time == Money) I have most of the people on ignore, it would be nice though to refresh the thread and not see "user is ignored" for an entire page of just Crumbs, VE, and LabKen talking to themselves. How is that helpful to anyone? Its not laziness its just annoying to have school kids whine and investor questions overlooked amidst all the personal battles being fought in the ActM thread.

What business do mods have in a self-moderated thread. If the mods can just delete whatever they feel like from a self-moderated thread, then what's the fucking of having the option to create a self-moderated thread is the first place.
lobbes

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:06:48 PM

What business do mods have in a self-moderated thread. If the mods can just delete whatever they feel like from a self-moderated thread, then what's the fucking of having the option to create a self-moderated thread is the first place.

Mods are getting involved because posts keep getting reported. It doesn't matter if it's self-moderated or not.

I would agree with JoTheKhan that if we were to delete the thread, it could cause panic to the less-informed shareholders who start posting "OMG We're being scammed" threads. That would just open the door for MORE crap, IMO. In terms of image, this wouldn't help us anymore than just leaving the thread alone.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 05:08:42 PM

I like this post.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: