Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:05:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Delete the Active Mining Thread in favor of just using Ken's announcement thread?  (Voting closed: December 19, 2013, 02:27:18 AM)
Yes, delete the Active Mining Thread, there is no useful info in it. - 29 (74.4%)
No, I find the Active Mining thread useful and gain valuable information from it. - 10 (25.6%)
Total Voters: 39

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should we just delete the Active Mining Thread?  (Read 3698 times)
Stuartuk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:43:04 PM

Oh?

Because I thought the vote was legally binding and the House of Representatives would be sanctioning new legislation in the Spring.

You voted Yes my arse. This forum is money for you and that's the only reason you are here. No ACtM and no Neo Bee makes pankkake a very poor man.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stuartuk

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:44:08 PM

Please go to Bitcointalk. It's perfect for unofficially sanctioned Trolling

FTFY
Stuartuk

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:48:52 PM

You know and I know this site raises revenue from traffic and sponsor payouts.

You also know every site on the internet that generates revenue from traffic employs people to stimulate visits.

That's your job.

That doesn't make me mentally unstable or paranoid. But thanks for the advice you dirty fucking French Troll.
Stuartuk

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:58:58 PM

I've never deleted a post of mine on here ever so why are you banging on about deleting posts? You fucking French moron.

What are you talking about reddit for again? Who mentioned reddit?

Me faut retourner à la pute qui m'a accouchée
shadallion

Activity: 304
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:11:51 PM

Delete the whole thread.
Stuartuk

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:23:46 PM

Why don't we meet up and you can give me some French lessons, I can meet you at any station serviced by the TGV. Are you interested?

vous avez besoin retourner à la pute qui m'a accouchée
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:29:55 PM

Active Miners decide to delete their official thread because it's too embarrassing.
Start another embarrassing thread to do it.

New thread:  "Should we just delete the Active Mining Thread? And the "Should we just delete the Active Mining Thread?""
Stuartuk

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:35:49 PM

I'm sure you get the general idea you piece of merde.

Any Frenchman who speaks English as well as you do is an Americanised wanker. I'm quite sure you have very few friends. What city are you from Troll?

Stuartuk

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 05:10:46 PM

The French are usually extremely bad at foreign languages, I am one of the few exceptions; though I think it's changing due to exposure to English through non-scholar means. At least, that's how I learned.
In live in France so my accent is still terrible.

Now there's no reason to be sad that your French is bad, even foreigners living 10 years in France still don't master it. It's a silly language really.

You are a little wannabe American kid. I'm sure there is a derogatory local term for you but I'm not privy to it. I do hope you do well out of the btc world because then you'll no doubt fuck off to London or California and your fellow countrymen would be very glad of that.
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 10:58:43 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2013, 01:53:07 AM by zumzero

The current state of AMC/VMC/AM threads is typical for the progression of a scam.

Just look at the pirate threads, or Patrick Harnett's threads, Nefario's, or tradefortress, BFL, etc, etc.

Essentially everyone can smell the rotting corpses under the pretty facade.  But a core of delusional suckers, unable to accept their losses are hanging around cheer leading, and hoping for anything that might validate their bad choices.  Around this you have an array of folks stopping by for entertainment like at any public disaster.  Then there is the group of folks warning away any naive schmucks who might wander in and become a bagholder.

It all makes for a lot of noise and light.

Is it unpleasant for those aforementioned bag holders?  I'm sure it is.  But the sooner they come around to recognizing their losses and taking honorable actions to mitigate the losses, the better it is for everyone.

Your problem is you mouth off about everything being a 'scam' because it gives you the opportunity to brag about it further down the road and unfortunately you now have a bad reputation for doing that.

You said BFL was a scam.  Fraught with issues, yes, but a scam?  You said Avalon was not a scam.  Fraught with issues, but not a scam?  Then there's Asic Mining.  Are we sure there was nothing scammy about their pricing for block eruptors and other devices when ROI was clearly impossible over holding bitcoin?  I know when there's a fuel shortage and one petrol station charges way over the price for fuel, there's something scammy going on in my town.  

I'd say that you and others of your ilk such as crumbs, pankkake, iCEBREAKER etc., are just too quick to condemn fledgling companies who are trying hard to succeed in a very competitive and quickly evolving market.  Are you guys just butt hurt that someone else got there first or what?

Your issues with Activemining started back when you were convinced Ken was lying about producing his own chip.  eASIC anyone?

Back then you were also very vocal about the shares issues and structure of AMC/VMC and rightly so, but your opinions never came with ideas for improvement, only anger at Ken.  Without your help Ken reached out to the community and together we restructured the company into Activemining.  

So with two of your main reservations about ActM sorted long ago, why do you continue with your vendetta? It's personal isn't it?  You want Ken to fail and are trying to make that happen.  I'm not wrong am I?  If it wasn't Ken but someone you respected who was at the ActM helm, you would be garnering support rather than posting malicious statements such as the one above.

Regardless of how you colour your language, fud is fud and if my farm dung spreader ever runs out, I'll send you a pm.  Cheesy

*Please do not delete the Official ActM thread.  It is a very useful tool in combating the trolls and fudsters and we should have the history preserved.*

My big beef with AMC is not his Avalon mining plans.  It is his claims to be building his own silicon.  It is BFL all over again.  He and his people have no competency in the field, and no idea of the capital required to deliver devices at the process nodes they claim to be working on delivering a device.

Want to sell stock in a company to develop a device?   Include a stack of resumes showing a background in the field, and a real schedule and budget to get the job done.

More from Entropy...

It horrifies me that the first experience most newbs have with bitcoin is getting ripped off.  That negative taint can create thousands of ill-will ambassadors who advise their friends to stay away from bitcoin because it is a scam.

As for Ken, he might succeed.  But running an ISP qualifies him to develop ASICs like driving a taxi qualifies you to start a company competing with Tesla.

If he does succeed he will be one of dozens, and will never capture the market share he imagines.  Plus his VMC holding company will have the IP rights to the hardware.  Lucky AMC shareholders will just get to pay him for equipment.

I have been calling BS on BFL since the day of their first press release a year ago.  And I called out many other scams.  Friedcat and Avalon I did not object to - hell, I have more orders with Avalon than Ken does.  The valuation of ASICMINER shares I own exceeds all the money that Ken has collected so far.

A wise man figures out whose council he should heed.

Look, it's simply far too late to be calling ActM a scam and be taken seriously.  When I bought my shares at 0.0005, I took a gamble knowing that I could be getting involved in a scam.  That was a risk I was delighted to take because I knew the rewards were unimaginable if it all worked out.  So with chips on the way, first orders shipped, massive pre-order sales taken and the assembly of miners underway, it looks as though I backed the right horse!  Grin

Weekly Update 12/18/13

Crypto-Trade:

I have all of the legal issues worked out, and I am programming them into the verification site.

VMC:

We are working with eASIC and our engineers to get our chip and boards in full production.

We have stock piled all the hardware to build the miners and we are per-assembling the miners.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:07:32 AM

Besides showing that I've been right about this mess for 7 months now, what point were you trying to make?
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 04:57:35 AM

My point is the Active Mining Thread should not be deleted, however your futile attempts at spreading fud and personal attacks on Ken should, Mr. Bigshot.  Goodbye.

I have been calling BS on BFL since the day of their first press release a year ago.  And I called out many other scams.  Friedcat and Avalon I did not object to - hell, I have more orders with Avalon than Ken does.  The valuation of ASICMINER shares I own exceeds all the money that Ken has collected so far.

Ouch.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:50:13 AM

My point is the Active Mining Thread should not be deleted, however your futile attempts at spreading fud and personal attacks on Ken should, Mr. Bigshot.  Goodbye.

Ouch.

Ouch?   I made out like a bandit on those positions.  Unlike Ken I saw through Yifus BS very early and had no chips or batch3s ordered.

You should have listened then, and you should listen more now.
Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:37:32 PM

Keep the thread. I like having references to my 'i told you so' moments. Anyone still buying into that debacle deserves to be reminded over and over again when it comes crashing down. The writing has been on the wall there for 6 months.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: